1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Kage-Pikachu, Jun 9, 2018.

1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

Whoops. A new demo:

Whom to expect at "Galar Visitor Center"? Foreshadowing old characters' return? And, "stay for Pokémon"? New Pokémon introduction like Yamper and Impidimp?

[​IMG]

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

I hope footage and pics come out about it. The more, the better.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  3. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I dont understand. Its the same demo as always or a new one?
    From what it says, its just the same demo we had for months now o.o

4. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye Well-Known Member

Those Galar Visitors Centers sound really fun! I wish I could go, but I doubt one'll get set-up nearby where I live. I'm still gonna hope though, lol. It'd be cool to play the demo, too.

"To prepare for the launch of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Nintendo is hosting a series of pop-up tourism centers, where fans can learn more about Galarian culture and must-do regional activities. Kicking off at PAX West next weekend in Seattle, and popping up in select cities across the U.S., fans will be able to stop by the “Galar Visitors Center” to take their Galar region passport photo, speak with “tour guides” to learn more about regional activities and characters, and receive special themed items, while supplies last."

"In addition to learning all about the Galar region and the new Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games, visitors to the tourism centers will be able to experience many fun activities. Everyone who stops by should make sure their cameras are equipped, since there will be various Galar-themed photo opportunities that are perfect for sharing on social media.

Visitors also have the opportunity to receive a variety of special items, including Galar region postcards and a travel brochure, while supplies last. Anyone who pre-orders Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield on site or shows proof of existing pre-orders, like a digital receipt, will receive a special luggage tag inspired by the games, while supplies last."

source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190821005235/en/

PokeMon2.0, anjunajake and wolf jani like this.
  5. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Please let’s this demo be a new one. I love you, Nessa, but I can’t take seeing the same gameplay of your gym for the 100th time. :S

6. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

You're quite literally blaming Game Freak for your inability to afford their game.

To be quite frank, they are not responsible for your funds, and it is rather selfish of you to demand they lower their costs simply because you can't tend to them.

This isn't a Rich vs Poor thing. Not even close. Pursuing your logic, you would assume that anyone who buys Game Freak's games at this point are all rich. Well I got news for you, mate. Most of us aren't.

Let me break this down:

1. Microtransactions have nothing to do with Pokémon Sword & Shield. They are not in the game.
    2. Game Freak is not associated with Pokémon GO. The Pokémon Company doesn't even own the game. Niantic does.
    3. The only reason HOME requires a subscription is because it is on a separate server from NSO, and thus requires its own processing. That costs money.

I cannot stress this enough. It's totally okay to be angry. Just know what you're angry at.

7. SpiritSkye

SpiritSkye Well-Known Member

All the articles I've read just say sword and shield demo, but I imagine if it was a new demo they'd say that.

Leonhart, wolf jani and anjunajake like this.
  8. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

I can play it on my 48" flatscreen in my living room. That is beyond worth it to me compared to the tiny screen that was the 3DS.

"first week" "8th of July" anime Rotomdex voice: "DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE" ;):D:p

It does. It's only adults (and maybe some older teenagers) complaining. The little kids seeing these trailers are loving them. And any little kids you do see complaining were brainwashed by YouTubers, they're not coming up with these opinions on their own.

9. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

So I'm just gonna assume Game Freak is electing to be more conservative with info on the game, given we now have less than three months until release.

I can accept that, but I'm sure as hell not pleased. I need a fix, man. And where are my Ghost types!?!? :mad:

10. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

I wouldn’t say they’re being “brainwashed”. I hate using one-off examples, but my friend’s younger siblings have an extensive collection of Pokémon they carry over to each game. Heck, they have more shinies and mythicals than I do. I’m sure it doesn’t take a YouTuber to tell them they’re upset about some of the decisions in Sword and Shield.

I’m honestly surprised we didn’t get a new Ghost-type (and by extension, Fighting-type) when Allister and Bea were revealed.

11. WishIhadaManafi5

Ok locking this as people are continuing to talk in circles and argue. It'll reopen once new news comes out. For now, it's going on ice.

12. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

For the nth time, this thread is re-opened for discussion.
    And probably for the nth time, it'll be locked sooner because people will keep arguing.

Nintendo Direct Youtube Stream:
    NA

JP

wolf jani and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  13. Ignition

Ignition My son finally did it

Hoping we get at least 3 new Pokèmon

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  14. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

This thread is now basically a direct reaction thread.

15. WishIhadaManafi5

@Wulava Thanks for posting the Youtube versions.

Will have to wait until it's done to watch it though. Vita doesn't support live video.

wolf jani, janejane6178 and Wulava like this.
  16. SpookyMimikyu

SpookyMimikyu See me?

Oh man, I'm really excited for this! I'm hoping for starter evos or maybe Yamper's evolution if any, but any news is fine with me.

wolf jani and janejane6178 like this.
  17. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I’m hoping for more version differences to justify buying the double pack since they’ve been pushing it so much

Also confirming bits of dialogue like in Pokémon Masters would be nice too

janejane6178 likes this.
  18. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I really hope we will get new Pokemon=[[
    Its funny Im watching the direct but the only games that interest me are Swsh

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

"All we have to show you today" *sigh*
    Two months away.... come on Gamefreak -_-

20. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Well-Known Member

Pokémon Camp is officially confirmed to be Secret Base of ORAS.

Customization is waaaay perfect than I imagined, also among the new Pokémon we finally have the Teapot Pokémon and Seagull with Barracuda in its mouth.

Also, the fact they haven't shown Impidimp literally gives me psuedo-legendary vibes.