• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
I don't think we've seen any early-game Pokémon besides the starters and likely Galarian Zigzagoon. Most of the known Pokémon come across to me as mid-game or late-game Pokémon, or at least evolved versions of early-game Pokémon.

Corviknight is probably something you'll see early on but can only catch later, like with the Gogoats in Lumiose City or getting Tauros Ride near the beginning of the Alola games despite Tauros only being catchable in the mid-game.
Wooloo is a Route 1 pokémon, at least going by the footage we’ve been shown.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah it's weird, CoroCoro always gave us something by this point.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Anyone else notice that the birds are Flying/Steel and Flying/Water instead of Steel/Flying and Water/Flying? I like this. Sure, they did it with Noivern, but its nice to see it catching on and letting Flying be a primary type instead of being stuck as only a secondary type.

What's the difference anyway? I've never understood what's the difference between Flying/Water or Water/Flying?

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
It’s foolish to make assumptions right now from this lmao.
even if speculation is foolish we're here to gush over Pokemon and get excited about new additions to come and do it with the rest of the community, it gets us hyped for the new games, that's just what fans in general do whether it be with Pokemon technology or literally anything.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
What's the difference anyway? I've never understood what's the difference between Flying/Water or Water/Flying?
technically there is no difference, especially when you consider things like damage calculation coming out the same no matter what order their types are. But the first type is supposedly their primary/dominant type and the second type is a secondary type that they have characteristics of, but not to the extent of their primary type.

Example: Lucario is Fighting/Steel because it's primarily a fighter with a little bit of metal on it's body. If it was fully covered in metal plating, it might have been Steel/Fightning. Some types, especially flying, and some pokemon don't necessarily hold to this though.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
technically there is no difference, especially when you consider things like damage calculation coming out the same no matter what order their types are. But the first type is supposedly their primary/dominant type and the second type is a secondary type that they have characteristics of, but not to the extent of their primary type.

Example: Lucario is Fighting/Steel because it's primarily a fighter with a little bit of metal on it's body. If it was fully covered in metal plating, it might have been Steel/Fightning.
That makes sense with the Steel and Fighting example but I don't really get it with Flying?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

BCVM22

even if speculation is foolish we're here to gush over Pokemon and get excited about new additions to come and do it with the rest of the community, it gets us hyped for the new games, that's just what fans in general do whether it be with Pokemon technology or literally anything.

All of which can be done (if one insists...) without trying to draw sweeping conclusions about these games from the given page count of an Amazon listing for the guidebook. Two adjacent but entirely separate issues.

If saying “this listing only says 500 pages, that definitely gives us conclusive evidence!” is how someone gets “hyped,” I have many, many questions.

Last edited:

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
All of which can be done (if one insists...) without trying to draw sprawling conclusions about these games from the given page count of an Amazon listing for the guidebook. Two adjacent but entirely separate issues.

If saying “this listing only says 500 pages, that definitely gives us conclusive evidence!” is how someone gets “hyped,” I have many, many questions.
if you choose not to believe it that's up to you I was just trying to say that in my eyes no speculation is foolish. And about hype I mean this in the nicest way possible to Pokemon fans, people will get hyped about anything because it gives them hope

BCVM22

Quibbling over numbers in a retail listing and what they might or might not mean is intensely silly. That was the original point of the post to which you replied, and which comes right back to my point that there are so many more relevant things to latch on to than the page count of a guidebook.

If that’s what someone wants to zero in on, that’s their prerogative, but “can” and “will” aren’t synonymous with “reasonably should.”

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
Quibbling over numbers in a retail listing and what they might or might not mean is intensely silly. That was the original point of the post to which you replied, and which comes right back to my point that there are so many more relevant things to latch on to than the page count of a guidebook.

If that’s what someone wants to zero in on, that’s their prerogative, but “can” and “will” aren’t synonymous with “reasonably should.”
and I respect that that's your view on it. Having reread my previous posts I apologise if I came of as argumentative I was simply just trying to explain my views of the topic at hand

JohnLynch

Quibbling over numbers in a retail listing and what they might or might not mean is intensely silly.
You could say the same thing about coming to a forum for months on end just to tell people how they’re silly, their speculation is baseless and we can’t possibly know anything. And yet it appears there is at least one person who spends their spare time doing that.

I guess the only thing we can conclude is some people are just so gosh darned silly.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
One thing I am worried about is the stats of the new pokemon. I understand that Alola was a "slower" region, but they really went weird when it came to stats. Examples:

Gumshoos having 48 base speed (most regional rodents average around 70)
Decidueye being bulky instead of fast (it does not look like a bulky pokemon imo)
Torracat losing 30 points of speed upon evolving into Incineroar
Trumbeak losing 15 points of speed upon evolving into Toucannon
Vikavolt having 43 base speed despite being said to fly at very high speeds
Crabrawler losing 20 points of speed upon evolving into Crabominable
Mudbray losing 10 points of speed upon evolving into Mudsdale
Lurantis having a base speed of 45 (it looks like it would be a lot faster imo, same with Tsareena only having a speed stat of 72)
Type:Null only having 36 less base stat total (from speed) than Silvally, despite the helmet supposed to supress its power

Hoping this new region isn't super slow as the last, and Gamefreak actually takes a second to think of their decisions first.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
All that means is that Vikavolt isn’t very maneuverable. It does get Agility to show that it can go fast as its dex entries say.

I understand that some of these can be justified, but when you look at it collectively, it is clear that Gamefreak made a lot of Alola pokemon very slow (hoping this is exclusive to that region). We can make all the excuses we want for why Vikavolt is slow, but the fact is, Gamefreak made it slow for the same reason it did all the others.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I don't get why it's an issue that there are a bunch of slower pokémon in Alola tbh. It's still on average the strongest region competitively. If anything, Alola has proven beyond doubt that you don't have to be fast to be a good pokémon.
true enough, but you have to keep in mind that one of the overarching strategies in competitive battling is speed control, especially in doubles. There's a reason Trick Room, Swift Swim, Icy Wind, Tailwind, and Fake Out are all highly used moves/abilities over the years.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Example: Lucario is Fighting/Steel because it's primarily a fighter with a little bit of metal on it's body. If it was fully covered in metal plating, it might have been Steel/Fightning. Some types, especially flying, and some pokemon don't necessarily hold to this though.
Yeah, it more-so reflects the Pokémon’s designs than anything else since their bodies or base designs are meant to reflect their primary type while they’re given additional details or features like fins, color palettes, etc. to reflect their secondary type.