• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Ultra Beast Lover

I really hope that the storyline is about corruption in the league. Not only would it, hopefully, give us a cool anime storyline but it could give us the player a conflict to deal with.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think personally there will be around 80 new Pokémon, give or take a few.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
This idea came to me and I felt like sharing it so here you go...

The Nintendo Switch era of pokemon could prove to be very different from those that preceded it. Now I have an unlikely but possible reason for why I think that this may prove to be the case.

Right so I'll start by addressing the Donphan in the room, the detail that makes the Nintendo Switch era of Pokemon stand out from the rest, 'dexit'. Now the reasons gamefreak have given range from unconvincing to merely confusing, but maybe these reasons are only so unclear because we do not have the full picture. The Pokemon games have always had every existing Pokemon programmed in, even in gen 3 when it was unable to connect to previous gens.

Now a new generation in Pokemon is marked with a change in graphics, and a new region with new Pokemon, trading and battling between generations not being possible except for one way upwards transfers. Now Nintendo has stated that they intend for the switch to remain as their 'new' console for a relatively long time. Now if gamefreak were to continue with the previous model then this might mean that the Switch sees several generations of pokemon, this is not unheard of with both the ds and 3ds eras of Pokemon seeing two generations. However the graphical changes between the first and second generations of the ds and 3ds eras are minimal with the majority of the changes being stylistic choices rather than straight up graphical improvements. Nintendo making multiple new generations on the switch is probably more likely than what I'm about to suggest but I'll say it nonetheless.

Dexit and pokemon home make it so that only certain pokemon of the 809 pre-galar pokemon can be used in the games. Maybe this choice isn't just due to time constraints as many believe but instead some other reason.It was said that in pokemon home different pokemon are adapted to the different regions of the games they could be trans fared to, so that a pokemon not adapted to the galar region (aka one not in the galar dex) could not be transferred to sword or shield.

When 'dexit' was revealed it was phrased in such a way that would imply that no game in the foreseeable future will have all the pokemon programmed in, (whilst I personally hope that the fan outcry has made them consider putting all the pokemon in the next games developed I kinda doubt it) if dexit only happened because of time constraints during sword and shield's development they why are other future games affected? Well maybe dexit doesn't exist because of time constraints but instead exists as a future proofing tactic.

How could dexit be a future proofing mechanic? Well maybe generation 8 of pokemon will encompass the entire Nintendo switch era and with will feature multiple sets of new games with new pokemon in new regions. But how would that work if the new pokemon from each new generation 8 region were not programed into any on the previous generation 8 games, well if not every pokemon is programmed into any of the generation 8 games then this is much less of an issue, sure trading and battling between games probably wouldn't happen but using home to transfer Pokemon between different generation 8 regions makes sense with how they phrased it at e3 with different pokemon being suited to different regions.

If this were the case then keeping it all one generation would also save resources allowing gamefreak to implement more new features or pokemon in the gen 8 games following sword and shield. ( I mean expanding their work force would also allow them to add more features but...)

Now I'm not saying this is probable but I do think it is plausible or at the very least possible. What do you think about this idea? Am I being hopelessly naive by trying to gleam something vaguely positive from dexit? Am I making too many logical leaps? Am I even making any sense at all?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Actually moths have been equally divided between Bug/Poison (Venomoth and Dustox) and Bug/Flying (Masquerain and Mothim). So Volcarona really is the outlier.
It's the butterflies (Butterfree, Beautifly and Vivillon) that are always Bug/Flying, but since we usually group them together it gives the feeling moths are mostly B/F too.

Regardless, there are just way too many Bug/Flying already to the point I am against repeating that typing ever for whatever new bug they come up with, be it butterfly, moth, name it.

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
In my eyes not a chance considering the no national dex it doesn't make sense for them to go down the route of multiple reigons in one game when they don't have every pokemon yes they will probably have all of the pokemon from gen 1 but even then I don't think it'll happen as we've just had let's go, and any other region I don't think will happen as they'll not have every pokemon from a gen other than gen 1 so It won't work

Last edited:

JohnLynch

This idea came to me and I felt like sharing it so here you go...

The Nintendo Switch era of pokemon could prove to be very different from those that preceded it. Now I have an unlikely but possible reason for why I think that this may prove to be the case.

Right so I'll start by addressing the Donphan in the room, the detail that makes the Nintendo Switch era of Pokemon stand out from the rest, 'dexit'. Now the reasons gamefreak have given range from unconvincing to merely confusing, but maybe these reasons are only so unclear because we do not have the full picture. The Pokemon games have always had every existing Pokemon programmed in, even in gen 3 when it was unable to connect to previous gens.

Now a new generation in Pokemon is marked with a change in graphics, and a new region with new Pokemon, trading and battling between generations not being possible except for one way upwards transfers. Now Nintendo has stated that they intend for the switch to remain as their 'new' console for a relatively long time. Now if gamefreak were to continue with the previous model then this might mean that the Switch sees several generations of pokemon, this is not unheard of with both the ds and 3ds eras of Pokemon seeing two generations. However the graphical changes between the first and second generations of the ds and 3ds eras are minimal with the majority of the changes being stylistic choices rather than straight up graphical improvements. Nintendo making multiple new generations on the switch is probably more likely than what I'm about to suggest but I'll say it nonetheless.

Dexit and pokemon home make it so that only certain pokemon of the 809 pre-galar pokemon can be used in the games. Maybe this choice isn't just due to time constraints as many believe but instead some other reason.It was said that in pokemon home different pokemon are adapted to the different regions of the games they could be trans fared to, so that a pokemon not adapted to the galar region (aka one not in the galar dex) could not be transferred to sword or shield.

When 'dexit' was revealed it was phrased in such a way that would imply that no game in the foreseeable future will have all the pokemon programmed in, (whilst I personally hope that the fan outcry has made them consider putting all the pokemon in the next games developed I kinda doubt it) if dexit only happened because of time constraints during sword and shield's development they why are other future games affected? Well maybe dexit doesn't exist because of time constraints but instead exists as a future proofing tactic.

How could dexit be a future proofing mechanic? Well maybe generation 8 of pokemon will encompass the entire Nintendo switch era and with will feature multiple sets of new games with new pokemon in new regions. But how would that work if the new pokemon from each new generation 8 region were not programed into any on the previous generation 8 games, well if not every pokemon is programmed into any of the generation 8 games then this is much less of an issue, sure trading and battling between games probably wouldn't happen but using home to transfer Pokemon between different generation 8 regions makes sense with how they phrased it at e3 with different pokemon being suited to different regions.

If this were the case then keeping it all one generation would also save resources allowing gamefreak to implement more new features or pokemon in the gen 8 games following sword and shield. ( I mean expanding their work force would also allow them to add more features but...)

Now I'm not saying this is probable but I do think it is plausible or at the very least possible. What do you think about this idea? Am I being hopelessly naive by trying to gleam something vaguely positive from dexit? Am I making too many logical leaps? Am I even making any sense at all?
It would definitely make the Dexit thing far more palatable. It would be gen1&2 all over again (which is good). I would hope your right, but at this point I have zero faith in Game Freak.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I didn't mean in one game but in the same generation.

DSDark

Breeder
It would definitely make the Dexit thing far more palatable. It would be gen1&2 all over again (which is good). I would hope your right, but at this point I have zero faith in Game Freak.

This has kind of been my idea as well. Each game on the switch has it's own Dex. While the game would communicate for trading, battling would be difficult. However with each game having it's own dex, the meta game for online battling would be distinct for each game. This would be players a reason to go back and play SwSh after say DP remakes come out. If you want to us your team of galar only and those pokemon aren't in DP then you go back.

Ariki

This has kind of been my idea as well. Each game on the switch has it's own Dex. While the game would communicate for trading, battling would be difficult. However with each game having it's own dex, the meta game for online battling would be distinct for each game. This would be players a reason to go back and play SwSh after say DP remakes come out. If you want to us your team of galar only and those pokemon aren't in DP then you go back.

This would also potentially introduce the need for a battle simulator app for those who want to use every Pokemon available ie create a need for a stadium-style game.

It also opens the doors for Pokemon to licencse other companies to create Pokemon Coloseum-style games with a caveat they can’t have access to all the Pokemon models.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
This would also potentially introduce the need for a battle simulator app for those who want to use every Pokemon available ie create a need for a stadium-style game.

It also opens the doors for Pokemon to licencse other companies to create Pokemon Coloseum-style games with a caveat they can’t have access to all the Pokemon models.
Pokemon Showdown can handle that. There's no need for an official app.

DSDark

Breeder

I think pokemon has for right now closed the door on using every pokemon. That's what dexit is, I think we need to unfortunately move our mindset away from ideas that include every pokemon. Which again I'm not against. I think that having each game have their own dex gives each game it's own feel.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Pokemon Showdown can handle that. There's no need for an official app.
Showdown is an ugly broken piece of pirated junk that should burn in hell. There's nothing wrong with wanting legit battles with all the available pokémon and players shouldn't be forced towards piracy because the official side can't be bothered supporting it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Battle simulator still isn't the same thing because you can't bring your own pokémon to battle, the ones you caught yourself and EV trained and everything. A simulator like Showdown is artificial because you just create a pokémon by entering some numbers and moves and that's it. It takes away any kind of life or personality or history the pokémon have in the main series. It's part of why Dexit is so controversial in the first place, because players want to bring their own pokémon along, the ones that they had with them since RSE and with which they gathered like a hundred different ribbons and had countless adventures.

Maybe if they tied it to Home so you could make battle teams from your Home pokémon, but then you're still stuck without items, mega evolutions, Z-Moves, and so on, and lacking EV training or adaptations for any pokémon that you can't get from Home into an actual game. With several pokémon potentially taking multiple generations before appearing in a dex again (there are several pokémon that have never been in a regional dex before, like Cresselia) that would be a real issue.