• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Neutralizing Gas, Mold Breaker, Gastro Acid all exist to negate the abilities. It doesn't make sense a Unicorn; known to heal poison, to be weak against what it is supposed to cure, even if it's a workaround.
Yeah but there are many other things in Pokemon that don't make sense either yet they still do it, why is this any different?

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Yeah but there are wayway m other things in Pokemon that don't make sense either yet they still do it, why is this any different?
Yeah, but we usually criticize these things aswell, so i don't see why this would be any different. There is even an entire thread dedicated to things that don't make sense in Pokémon here.

Not that i am that bothered by the Psychic type, but i see where they are coming from.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Yeah, but we usually criticize these things aswell, so i don't see why this would be any different. There is even an entire thread dedicated to things that don't make sense in Pokémon here.

Not that i am bothered by the Psychic type, but i see where they are coming from.
But I am actually one of those who is criticising the psychic type! lol. Mind you that won't stop me from enjoying G Ponyta, but sometimes it baffles me how they decide certain things

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Do you think Polteageist will have an evolution line? it kinda reminds of Chandelure but it could be a single stage like Klefki..

Polteageist is an evolved Pokémon, it's the second stage as revealed by the dynamax camera datamine, whether it evolves further is anyone's guess.

The entiTEA post ( if it is them who got hired by GF) was IIRC a two stage line.

Last edited:

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
If people are trying to justify Psychic typing on a Unicorn by saying Unicorns historically cure poison and GF didn’t want it to be weak to poison types...
Why didn’t they just give it a Poison immunity ability and keep the Fairy typing? Just give it a Poison version of Sap Sipper / Volt Absorb / Water Absorb etc etc
yeah, it's not about Poison, going that track seems rationalizing much imo. it's just Psychic and that's not an absurd choice, it's not a Grass- or Steel-type for gods' sakes. a lot of Pokémon fit certain types but don't belong to them, some Pokémon fit more than two types b(e.g. Decidueye Grass, Ghost and Flying) but there are no triple-typed Pokémon. as said before, Ponyta has Fairy themes (whimsical, rainbow) and Psychic themes (mystic, energy), and they chose one, for reasons that don't need to be 100% justifiable or "logical". and even though it isn't Fairy it has the looks so definitely will learn various Fairy-type moves

Xuxuba

But I am one who is criticising the psychic type lol. Mind you that won't stop me from enjoying Ponyta tho
Oh i must have expressed myself badly then. I wasn't saying you thought it made sense, but rather that people usually comment about stuff like that a lot.

Regarding Ponyta, i don't think i will be using it in my team because i don't like Psychic types all that much, but if it's evolution gains another type i might consider it.

Last edited:

mozao

That's technically a spoiler. So you should've posted it in the rumors & leaks thread or at least in the spoiler tags. I don't mind your post because I keep up with that thread but some people do mind getting spoiled about non-officially revealed things.
yes, thank you... it's bad enough already having to stay completely shut off from the Pokémon community a few days before game release or after demo release

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
As for the Day Care, I'm thinking about how the ones for FireRed/LeafGreen and Black 2 and White 2 weren't available until the postgame...

Oh yeah, I forgot those games didn’t have day care early on. But seeing as those weren’t the introductory pairs of a generation, we could probably safely assume that breeding will be available earlier for Sword and Shield?

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
yeah, it's not about Poison, going that track seems rationalizing much imo. it's just Psychic and that's not an absurd choice, it's not a Grass- or Steel-type for gods' sakes. a lot of Pokémon fit certain types but don't belong to them, some Pokémon fit more than two types b(e.g. Decidueye Grass, Ghost and Flying) but there are no triple-typed Pokémon. as said before, Ponyta has Fairy themes (whimsical, rainbow) and Psychic themes (mystic, energy), and they chose one, for reasons that don't need to be 100% justifiable or "logical". and even though it isn't Fairy it has the looks so definitely will learn various Fairy-type moves

Is there anything that i missed that established the part about rainbows being linked to fairy types ?

DSDark

Breeder
“Give it a poison immunity abiliy”

“Have Pastel whatever prevent being poisoned”

Are the abilities Poison Heal & Immunity that forgotten lol

(OK the former doesn’t prevent you from being poisoned but you still don’t suffer the effects)

There's more to Pastel Veil then that. It cures poison too. So in a double battle when g-ponyta enters play it will cure its team mate of poison, as well as prevent more poisoning

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
That's technically a spoiler. So you should've posted it in the rumors & leaks thread or at least in spolier tags

Oh okay then sorry. I posted here because that's where the question was asked, I've put it in spolier brackets now.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
That's technically a spoiler. So you should've posted it in the rumors & leaks thread or at least in the spoiler tags. I don't mind your post because I keep up with that thread but some people do mind getting spoiled about non-officially revealed things.

Wow, I didn't know! that's great :D
I hope this doesn’t come off badly but, it doesn’t help to quote the spoiler when it’s not in a spoiler bracket, because then even if a bracket is added the spoiler can’t be hidden. Basically what I’m saying is you two should probably remove those quotes so no one else gets spoiled (since AgentKallus already hid it).

mozao

Is there anything that i missed that established the part about rainbows being linked to fairy types ?
no. that part was what I've been hearing people say, probably influenced by depctions of rainbows and unicorns in those weird cartoons. I could also have put 'unicorn' as linked to Fairy even though I don't agree. tbh I see more Psychic than Fairy in Ponyta's concept but I wanted to be "impartial" and express how both viewpoints are logical and undoubtedly valid

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
With the limited dex size I'd rather not have them pick Meltan and Melmetal in there. I'd much rather see GameFreak using the development time to focus on pokémon that aren't mythical, as in, that more than 2% of the players will actually get to play with.

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
Random comment coming to you from .... Sobble? I went the paid off my Sw&Sh per-order and found/bought a Sobble plushie! I did not know they had them out already... did i just miss them before?:eek: They had the other starts as well. No thong Galar pokemon etc.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Other than the website literally putting them side by side (https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/version-exclusives/), they getting unusual reveals just for themselves back-to-back, Famitsu getting a double article on them, I don't think they will go any more clear on that. So just wait until the game is out.

Thanks for showing me this website. To me, this makes it obvious that they are counterparts. So I guess my real question is: why are so many people in denial, and what will it take for them to admit they are counterparts? That was kind of what I was getting at with my original question about whether there are always "official" counterparts. If there's no such thing as an official announcement about things being counterparts, why are people pretending that future version exclusives that are announced will make it clearer who is the counterpart of whom? Who is to say that if two more are announced, then those new two are both counterparts of each other, while Ponyta and Farfetch'd remain counterparts? At that point, if two new version exclusives are announced, how would you prove that one is the counterpart of Ponyta and one is the counterpart of Farfetch'd? You can't!!!!! It's honestly all irrelevant. The total number will be equal on each side, so that's all that matters, not who is the counterpart of whom!!!!!!!!!!

those answers & Galarian Ponyta’s typing

How are these two things remotely related? one is as you yourself said, a joke interview/joke answers, the other one is proven fact!

Apologies for the length

Never apologize! I've posted posts much longer! When you have to reply to multiple people, it's always better to do it in one post than to spam multiple posts!!

LordSerperior

If there's no such thing as an official announcement about things being counterparts, why are people pretending that future version exclusives that are announced will make it clearer who is the counterpart of whom? Who is to say that if two more are announced, then those new two are both counterparts of each other, while Ponyta and Farfetch'd remain counterparts?, how would you prove that one is the counterpart of Ponyta and one is the counterpart of Farfetch'd?
I believe the "counterparts" are generally found in the same area in their respective games. I can't remember if that is always the case though so maybe not. But like you said, it doesn't really matter which pair of pokemon you call counterparts.

That said there is no need to be upset about this? If someone thinks there is a different counterpart than that is a harmless belief to hold and does not affect anyone but themselves.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I believe the "counterparts" are generally found in the same area in their respective games. I can't remember if that is always the case though so maybe not. But like you said, it doesn't really matter which pair of pokemon you call counterparts.

That said there is no need to be upset about this? If someone thinks there is a different counterpart than that is a harmless belief to hold and does not affect anyone but themselves.
Thanks for reminding me about the part where they're in the same spot on both games. Tbh that's the answer I've been looking for this whole thread in terms of what defines counterparts. Now I get it!!!