• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
This will be the lowest selling, worst received Pokemon game to date.
Lol Yeah no it won't.
There are people saying 7th gen bombed badly and yet it's done amazingly in sales.
You can't predict how the sales will be at all until it's been out for a while. And considering it's Pokemon, people are gonna buy it. All I'm seeing is pure pessimism from this tbh.

ChandelureDetour

Pikachu and Eevee forms being exclusive to players who have LGPE is disappointing, what if someone never wanted LGPE but wants to play with Gigantimax Pikachu. Most players would have to dish out 60$ for a single unique form that the game restricts you from using. If a collector wanted both Eevee and Pikachu and the fact Sword and Shield will cost 60$ basically means if you want all the content of the game then you would pay 180$ dollars. Also Meowth rushing people to buy the game or miss out on content is like the Snorlaxium-Z all over again.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Also Meowth rushing people to buy the game or miss out on content is like the Snorlaxium-Z all over again.
It works though you gotta admit. Remember how everyone would get XY for that special Torchic? Or that special SHINY Beldum with a Megastone of all things later? Seems to be the same case. People flock for those and if it's a tactic that works, nothing says they can't keep that going.

Orphalesion

At least it's gonna be available for like two months after launch, that's at least a somewhat reasonable timeframe.

That being said I don't care for it, so if anybody wants my Longcat Meowth I'd be glad to give it away.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
This will be the lowest selling, worst received Pokemon game to date. The whole hype cycle has proven to be quite disastrous and the game itself looks far from competition. Who thought it was a good idea to remove Megas in place with gigantamax? Why is this even an idea to begin with? No one likes it and it completely trivializes Pokemon battling. Honestly, game freak has made it clear that they don't care about this franchise anymore. Therefore, I'm done with this franchise as well

I don't think it's fair to insist Game Freak doesn't care about the franchise simply because they did something you don't like. But on the subject of sales:

Currently, the lowest rated main series Pokémon game is Emerald, also the lowest-selling, at just over 6.3 million copies. This is still better than most video games.

The lowest-selling principal main series Pokémon game is Black & White, at 15.6 million copies. It is the first and only principal main series game to sell less than 16 million copies. It was still considered a commercial success for the franchise.

By Pokémon standards, Sword & Shield would have to sell less than 13 million copies to be considered a commercial failure for a principal main series Pokémon game. Even then, it will still be considered a massive commercial success within the gaming industry.

Last edited:

axelme

Sadly the only places where Dynamaxing is confirmed to be possible are the Gyms, Max Raids and battles with other players (the latter two which don’t give out prize money). There is the possibility of the Pokémon League for money farming but is not really realistic to “waste” your opportunity to Dynamax/Gigantamax on a Pokemon that is potential dead weight in a battle.

lol. wait. so not only did they introduce this lazy concept of a rework of mega evolving but now they put restrictions on when it can be used. they just keep winning dont they

BCVM22

Also Meowth rushing people to buy the game or miss out on content is like the Snorlaxium-Z all over again.

They're being given two months. The cross-section of people who A. care about Gigantamax Meowth but B. won't be purchasing the game in the two month launch window isn't nonexistent, but it likely isn't terribly significant. No one is being "rushed."

And not for nothing, but I believe that same Snorlium Z was later included in US/UM with no stipulations other than needing a Snorlax?

axelme

By Pokémon standards, Sword & Shield would have to sell less than 13 million copies to be considered a commercial failure for a principal main series Pokémon game. Even then, it will still be considered a massive commercial success within the gaming industry.

given the general feel for these games thats entirely possible.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
given the general feel for these games thats entirely possible.

A single crying lamb is always heard over a million silent sheep.

The vocal majority isn't always the true majority. It merely appears that way. There are more people excited for this game than there are people angry over it. The people excited simply have no need to make a fuss.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Did anybody noticed that Gigantamax Meowth did not make a cry like the other Gigantamax Pokemon in the trailer?
No I didn't notice that. I'll have to watch the video again. What did it sound like to you?

ChandelureDetour

They're being given two months. The cross-section of people who A. care about Gigantamax Meowth but B. won't be purchasing the game in the two month launch window isn't nonexistent, but it likely isn't terribly significant. No one is being "rushed."

And not for nothing, but I believe that same Snorlium Z was later included in US/UM with no stipulations other than needing a Snorlax?

You can’t access Snorlium Z cause it is not available in SM after the event passed USUM fixed that but was still a separate game. 2 months is a lengthy period and does give plenty of time though. If the event passes then does nobody who purchased the game later never get the Meowth form? Hopefully the Gigantamax can be passed down through breeding or something.