• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Why are there three new spoiler threads pinned to the subforum? Did something happen when I was gone? :eek:

ShadowForce720

Why are there three new spoiler threads pinned to the subforum? Did something happen when I was gone? :eek:

If I had to guess I think it's just in preparation for when the datamine leak eventually happens, that way they can quickly updates the threads instead of having to create all 3 threads all at once. Also no, so far there hasn't been any datamine leaks.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You can only use it in Tabletop or Docked modes. That’s the only way you can use a Pro Controller.
Would we be able to use it with the Switch just being on the table with the joycons attached? I have a dock, but it's a WiiU one and I can't charge my system on it.

@ShadowForce720

You'd be right about it. Did those today at a library since my laptop is down for the count.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think it’s possible but the original model despite its flaws seems to be the more preferred model given you can play it both on and away from the tv with no features lost and detachable Joy Cons. The Joy Cons are what makes the system so fun to play because of their versatility and the innovative ways to use them from controlling a game using cardboard to reading your pulse through an IR camera during an exercise game. The last one is extremely impressive for something so small and unexpected to be able to do such a thing. The Wii Remote couldn’t do that with Wii Fit or it’s numerous other exercise games. A pair of extra Joy Cons to use for multiplayer games are about $80 which you need to play co op in the Let’s Go games or have a game night with Mario Party. The Switch Lite just isn’t ideal for multiplayer games.

That being said, there does seem to be a lot of people searching specifically for Switch Lites. I went to a GameStop earlier this week and, shortly after I walked in, these two guys entered and asked for Switch Lites. I went to a Target the following day and saw people inquiring about them. Someone I know went to a Target the day Switch Lites were made available, and they were cleaned out from the metal cart pushed to the floor for stocking, before they could even be put on the shelves.

The other thing is that the Pokémon main series has always been on a handheld, which the Switch technically is, even in its normal form. (I have one in handheld mode right next to me, for instance.) People have grown used to Pokémon games on handhelds, and a smaller system is good for in-person battling and trades. They're really meant for each person to have their own game, as trading and battling are done using separate save files.

I still prefer the original Switch, but I can understand why some others would prefer the Switch Lite, between the greater portability, lower price, and higher convenience, even if it means they can't play all Switch games on them.

You know, I've noticed reviews have had conflicting results regarding the frame rate for Sword & Shield.

Some reviews have stated the game runs smoothly 60fps with no dip in frame rate. Others have stated the game runs at a conspicuous 30fps. The conflict really bothers me. It would be nice to have official confirmation.

It is possible it runs on 60fps sometimes and 30fps during other times. It might also depend on the type of Switch they're played on. The TV might also be set to a mode that creates in-between frames, which generates lag when playing video games but is not that big a deal playing the slow-paced Pokémon games. Most likely, though, you're hearing from people who don't fully understand what 60fps looks like versus 30 fps.

@Captain Jigglypuff Yea especially if the joycons fail on it. Then people would have to send in their entire system, not just the joycons.

I have no problems with frame drops. Noticed some very noticeable ones at times during Stardew Valley, where it skips, but it doesn't take away from having fun.

I don't mind frame drops either. Well, they can be annoying if they're jarring and severe (though that has been rare since the 5th generation of video game systems), but it's not a make-or-break thing unless it's a game that moves very fast, like a racing game or a Sonic game.

Joy-Con drift is definitely something to watch out for. Some Joy-Cons have it, and some don't. I was unlucky enough to have it happen twice, though perahsp equally lucky, I happen to know someone who was able to fix them, albeit through replacement joysticks. I can only hope that Joy-Con drift does not happen to Switch Lites. They should be smart enough to have learned their lesson by now though, namely to not order from that manufacturer, since the source of Joy-Con drift is sensors made out of low-quality metal that get worn down quickly.

Would we be able to use it with the Switch just being on the table with the joycons attached? I have a dock, but it's a WiiU one and I can't charge my system on it.

@ShadowForce720

You'd be right about it. Did those today at a library since my laptop is down for the count.

There's no reason why Pokémon Sword and Shield wouldn't. Every game I've played that can do both handheld and docked can do tabletop too. It would be good to have in this game as well, as this scheme is friendly to spectators when you're doing offline battling. (I can say that from experience, as I play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournaments, which get passers-by watching.)

WolfCypher

The other thing is that the Pokémon main series has always been on a handheld, which the Switch technically is, even in its normal form. (I have one in handheld mode right next to me, for instance.) People have grown used to Pokémon games on handhelds, and a smaller system is good for in-person battling and trades. They're really meant for each person to have their own game, as trading and battling are done using separate save files.

That said, isnt it funny how for so long so many people moaned and cried for a mainline Pokémon game on a home console, and now that its a thing, all I hear are people who say "I'm glad the new portable Switch Lite is coming out/came out in time for Pokémon SS, Pokémon should be played as portably as possible..."

"I'm getting the Switch Lite just to play the new games on it"

:shakes head:

ghostedZorua

Hex Maniac
That said, isnt it funny how for so long so many people moaned and cried for a mainline Pokémon game on a home console, and now that its a thing, all I hear are people who say "I'm glad the new portable Switch Lite is coming out/came out in time for Pokémon SS, Pokémon should be played as portably as possible..."

I'm actually getting the switch lite because it's cheaper. Before it was announced, though, was almost completely willing to spend $300 to play the games, add the cost of the games onto it. Switch lite is only $200.

LordSerperior

No it is not because the people who said those things are probably happy and the ones who never asked for it are the ones getting the Switch Lite. I never had a problem with Pokemon being a handheld game and with the Switch Lite's lower price that is what I'm going to buy.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Your Switch should have come with a dock, even if you bought it used.

At any rate, you can still use wireless pro controllers while in tabletop mode. I almost always play in tv mode, so I don't know too much anout the experience, though.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

At any rate, you can still use wireless pro controllers while in tabletop mode. I almost always play in tv mode, so I don't know too much anout the experience, though.
Tabletop is okay but since the screen is so small, you need to play really close to the system. To the point that you’re better off playing in handheld mode Because you’re playing a game with your face in a distance no more further away than it being in your hand. Tabletop is terrible for multiplayer games and Nintendo Labo and games that use the Toy Cons like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are really the only games you can play in tabletop without it feeling too much like handheld mode only with detached Joy Cons.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

It didn't. I have the blue and red joycons model. Got it new and it didn't come with one.