• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Except that's, like, just your opinion. You can't claim for every single other player that it's "completely wrong!!!1!!2" only because you don't like it. It's not an objective wrong, it's your subjective "wrong"

Well, of course I'm making things harder for myself if I'm doing a monotype run. That's the point of it. What were you thinking why I was doing it? Because I thought it would make the game easier? And again, it's not objectively wrong only because it contradicts what you think the game should be played like.
And only because you need a water type to defeat Kiawe, Olivia or Hapu, doesn't mean that other people can't beat them without one. All those types have additional weaknesses besides water. I've done runs in Alola and Kalos completely without water types and during my first run in Alola I had 4 fairy types and nothing that was strong against steel, and I still managed with choosing the right moves and exploiting secondary weaknesses.

Finally, none of the HM slaves I used in earlier games ever felt like "my" Pokemon, they might as well have been rentals that prevent me from having one of my actual, properly raised Pokemon with me. Woooo.
Actually, the very reason I dislike certain aspects of the Pokemon games is that they feel out of place/make no sense by Pokemon standards, not the other way round. Poke Ride isn't the only thing like this, as the ability to just buy (!?!) the orbs associated with the mascot legendaries is lore-breaking,too. The National Dex being locked behind the Bank implies that Alolans aren't part of the Pokemon nation. The Pokemon owned by Trainers awarding the same amount of experience for no rhyme or reason is wrong, too, because it is a well-known fact that the Pokemon raised by Trainers are strongeer than the wild ones. And in most generations, teaching an HM to a Pokemon boosts its happiness, and the very fact it is in your party makes it closer to you, too. Does your statement mean that you don't consider the legendaries you need to catch yours, too?(although I know that you outright hate them). It is the fact you basically have no right to use your own Pokemon outside of battle that is wrong, not the convenience.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I like the idea of being able to re-battle multiple trainers, no reason why we're the only one who continue to get stronger. I think it'd be awesome to have a tournament of previously battled characters before the Elite 4! Maybe characters that we haven't battled could be added too.
This would be awesome, and give ample ways to help level new pokemon post e4 besides running around in high level caves and surfing, etc.

I actually don't want them to bring back the island concept from Sun and Moon. I missed gyms this generation, and while having an actual E4 in Ultra was nice, it didn't feel quite the same (disclaimer, I haven't finished ultra).

Kage-Pikachu

This would be awesome, and give ample ways to help level new pokemon post e4 besides running around in high level caves and surfing, etc.
True!
I actually don't mind them introducing Pokemon that don't reach their final form until really late (such as Deino) but I wish they would make them available early on. I don't care if they have to evolve at level 75! Just give us access early so that we can actually use them in game! I mean other than completing your Pokedex, what was the real point of capturing Larviatr at Mt. Silver? All the gym leaders of both regions and the Elite 4 had already been defeated by that point.

Orphalesion

Actually, the very reason I dislike certain aspects of the Pokemon games is that they feel out of place/make no sense by Pokemon standards, not the other way round.
Except, as many people have explained to you already. No, no it is not lore breaking. It seems to be a form of public transport and has precedent in the real world of rental horses of earlier centuries. It's a sensible part of world building. And another bit of lore: How silly is the idea that you should be able to send the same Lapras you are currently riding on into battle where it will be tossed around, belted with all sorts of harmfull stuff and possibly pass out, drowning you. Totally, surf makes worlds of sense in-universe, :rolleyes: tons of it. Metric tons.
Yeah I guess an option to register Pokemon you have caught as Ride Pokemon would be nice, maybe we'll get that someday.

And in most generations, teaching an HM to a Pokemon boosts its happiness, and the very fact it is in your party makes it closer to you, too.
1)What does that have to do with how I feel about the Pokemon? 2)Well it's nice that the fictional, actually non-existent creature has their happiness stat boosted by being dragged around by my character, but to me it remains a forced load.

Does your statement mean that you don't consider the legendaries you need to catch yours, too?(although I know that you outright hate them).
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? Yeah i would prefer if Legendary catching wouldn't be mandatory....but guess what...at no point do I actually have to have the legendary in my party to progress. I will have to tell you that I care so little about those instances, that I honestly have never formed an opinion on whether those Pokemon are "mine". I didn't chose them, so I don't care. The one time I felt it was handled well, Nebby, I did put Solgaleo in my party (but not in every single Moon playthrough)

Bottom Line: Look, I understand being upset about the loss of a feature you liked, I've had that in other games. But just be honest about it and just say "I don't like/I hate it" rather than trying to conjure up some lore/mechanics justification that would make it "objectively wrong".

Kage-Pikachu

I can understand where you're coming from since it does seem kind of weird that you can simply buy these powerful items from a stand instead of finding them or receiving them from someone of importance. It'd be cool if each legendary Pokemon had a story based mission take place that would reward you with items but for simplicity's sake Game Freak came up with Battle Points. (Like Vegeta once said "It's like a Super Saiyan bargain sale). I liked the department stores in the past because it made sense that a large city would probably have access to goods not easily

Pokemon Power

If the makers will follow this pattern, the next region has a cold climate like Sinnoh:

Kanto: modern/urban
Johto: traditional/cultural
Hoenn: warm/tropical
Sinnoh: cold/northern
Unova: modern/urban
Kalos: traditional/cultural
Alola: warm/tropical
generation 8 games: cold/northern

I wasn't aware of that Canada-France-Hawaii telescope. Now with that in mind the posibility that the next region is based on (a part of) Canada is even more obvious. If not, I can see Alaska, Scandinavia or a part of Russia as possible candidates.
Are you suggesting that the next region will be based on a cold location? Like Alaska USA, or even Antartica?

DSDark

Breeder
I was thinking a cool area to go to would be Sweden, norway, denwark, finland, and baltics. Would work well with the cold/Northern

Kage-Pikachu

They should definitely bring seasons back for a game like this!

Maybe with this they could have different areas accessible like having a frozen lake defrosted during summer leading to an explorable underwater area or a special mirage area only appearing in summer (inspired by Mirage Island).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They should definitely bring seasons back for a game like this!

Maybe with this they could have different areas accessible like having a frozen lake defrosted during summer leading to an explorable underwater area or a special mirage area only appearing in summer (inspired by Mirage Island).
Definitely so that I can get access to the Deerling and Sawsbuck forms other than the Spring form. Also seasonal changes in-game are aesthetically pleasing.

Kage-Pikachu

They really are, maybe certain berries could only appear during certain seasons and maybe we could create new berries by cooking them (ok, breath of the wild is starting to rear its head in my mind)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They really are, maybe certain berries could only appear during certain seasons and maybe we could create new berries by cooking them (ok, breath of the wild is starting to rear its head in my mind)
My thoughts are on the Berry mutation mechanic that was in X and Y and it will be good to bring it back. It is a good way to get rare and new Berries.

DSDark

Breeder

2019 should borrow heavily from BotW. There's so many good ideas that can be borrowed

Kage-Pikachu

My thoughts are on the Berry mutation mechanic that was in X and Y and it will be good to bring it back. It is a good way to get rare and new Berries.
Wow, I didn't even know about that feature! I need to check that out...as soon as work ends (7 hours and 22 minutes to go...).
2019 should borrow heavily from BotW. There's so many good ideas that can be borrowed
Too true! I am still very early in that game but I've enjoyed it so far, though 90 percent of it was spent being dead, lol.

About the battle mechanics or rather the graphics, I think it would be great if contact moves would finally show the Pokemon literally making contact with the opposing Pokemon. Like Pikachu will run up and hit the opposing Pokemon with Iron Tail, Infernape will punch the enemy with its Mach Punch and so forth. I got a Wii late and after my original Emerald was stolen so to this date I haven't played my Battle Revolution. I heard something similar happened in these games though so if they could do it there, then they definitely do it on this game.

William12123

The First Poke-Civer
I would prefer to stay positive, but there are a few things that kinda bugged me in the last 2 (3d) gens:

1) I'm bugged by the full-3d environements with no possibility of controlling the camera in any way.
2) Provide control of the battle camera please; the camera moves so much during battle for no perceptible reason (admitedly, this happened mostly when I was mildly distracted, trying to farm hordes/sos battles for shinies. It could take a good 30 seconds before I got a good view of ALL the pokemon).
3) Return of the national dex? The reasons I heard for no national dex went from "not important" to "3d pokemon models take too much space". Which is why most of my living dex has stayed in Gen 6.

Personally, I am a fan of graphical simplicity; games tend to age better that way (like LoZ: wind waker). I understand the desire for greater graphical fidelity, but it's never sold me on something. Maybe a more stylized visual approach could allow the 3d models used to look less awfull, without needing to cut interesting content.

Another thing I've always wanted is a return to something like Pokemon Ranch. Maybe a weird combo of a life sim (something akin to animal crossing, harvest moon, etc.) + pokemon, where you could build greenhouses, training halls, forests and pools for your pokemon to live (rather than rot in a box). I always love building homes in RPGs, and I loved the secret bases from RSE and ORAS. The Pokepelago had some elements of this, but I would love to see more. Anyways, that idea is more aspirational; not necessary, but I would love to see it.

Kage-Pikachu

Another thing I've always wanted is a return to something like Pokemon Ranch. Maybe a weird combo of a life sim (something akin to animal crossing, harvest moon, etc.) + pokemon, where you could build greenhouses, training halls, forests and pools for your pokemon to live (rather than rot in a box). I always love building homes in RPGs, and I loved the secret bases from RSE and ORAS. The Pokepelago had some elements of this, but I would love to see more. Anyways, that idea is more aspirational; not necessary, but I would love to see it.
I do like that idea! My sister is HUGE Sims fan so she would definitely love a feature where you could design locations and play with Pokemon.

William12123

The First Poke-Civer
I do like that idea! My sister is HUGE Sims fan so she would definitely love a feature where you could design locations and play with Pokemon.
The sims! Thats what I was thinking of but couldnt remember. But yes. I would love to have a big greenhouse where all my vivillon could fly free with the other butterfly pokemon...

Kage-Pikachu

That would be pretty awesome! Being able to interact with all of your boxed Pokemon instead of just leaving them in a PC. I think that's a great idea!

It'd be very easy to accomplish too since they have things like Poke Pelago.

William12123

The First Poke-Civer
That would be pretty awesome! Being able to interact with all of your boxed Pokemon instead of just leaving them in a PC. I think that's a great idea!

It'd be very easy to accomplish too since they have things like Poke Pelago.

I would hope so. Though poke-pelago always made me feel a bit weird though; it's almost more of a work camp than a relaxation spot.

It would be nice if you could split it into ecosystems; so you'd get tropical pokemon in a hothouse, ice pokemon outside in the winter, water pokemon (fresh and saltwater) in different bodies of water. Maybe even place them; the box system could be more of a "tag" for general organisation than something that would force pokemon into any single location.

Kage-Pikachu

You mean to design their environment too? That'd be cool, planting trees, creating lakes or ponds, etc. Heh, work camps, that's funny, but I'd like those features to return too, they can be optional and then they can return to whatever place we built for them afterwards. Heck maybe they can even make eggs! Speaking of eggs, I think it'd be a great idea to make shiny eggs look different! I think that'd save a lot of headache for people who are trying to breed a shiny.