• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

JManP94

Yes, just turn off autosave from the beginning of the game and then you can save right before you select your starter and then turn the game on and off until you get the nature you want.

As for using autosave, personally I don't but that is a personal decision based on what kind of play style you have.

Thank you, I've not really played around the autosave feature for my first play through on Shield but thought it'd be nice to try and get an ideal natured starter for Sword play through.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Interesting, I will give that a shot. I kept looking for a “refresh” button but none to be found and closing and re opening YComm doesn’t do it. Thanks!

Pressing the X button seems to refresh, sort of. It rarely ever actually works as intended though. Y-Comm just gives you whatever notifications it feels like.

Heya! I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a pink/west sea shellos? I have sword and have only been able to track down blue/east sea shellos, my friend has shield and has apparently only found the same.

To my knowledge, only the blue Shellos and Gastrodon are available in Galar. To get a pink one, it'll have to be imported from Pokémon Home.

SlinkMink

The slinkiest Mink
To my knowledge, only the blue Shellos and Gastrodon are available in Galar. To get a pink one, it'll have to be imported from Pokémon Home.

HECK well Ill have my fingers crossed thats not the case, but thankyou for the heads up! <3

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thank you, I've not really played around the autosave feature for my first play through on Shield but thought it'd be nice to try and get an ideal natured starter for Sword play through.

No problem :). I haven't used it at all so not really sure what situations it saves automatically in.

Marzbar

I got a lvl1 Mew with a bad nature. Should I wait with leveling up until I can change its nature with the nature mint? Or can I already level it up and change the nature later? (with the stats correcting themselves).
Also what nature do you recommend for Mew?
You caught a Mew in sword and shield....? Because there’s no way of trading it from old games yet... so don’t know why you’re asking about Mew unless they are now available in sword and shield from an event or raid

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You caught a Mew in sword and shield....? Because there’s no way of trading it from old games yet... so don’t know why you’re asking about Mew unless they are now available in sword and shield from an event or raid

My guess is a hacker trading away Mews.

Marzbar

I need some help about Fossils. I don’t want to waste them because some types are super rare in Shield. And as far as I know, you can’t breed these fossil Pokémon, which makes sense because of their unnatural genetic mashup. So you get limited chances at these Pokémon!

You give two fossils to the scientist and she makes a Pokémon for you. I assume you get it with a random nature and random IVs....? I did read that they have 3 max IV’s maybe. So my question is do you need to save before giving the fossils to the scientist so that you can soft reset to get the right nature fossil Pokémon? And soft reset for shinies too for that matter

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is there a guide to how make competitive Pokemon in Sword and Shield? =[
The games have only been out for a week. The competitive scene isn't even settled yet.

Geseki

My guess is a hacker trading away Mews.

No no, its from the Pokeball Plus!
But I already figured it out that mints change the nature but also change and directly adjust all of the stats as how it should have been from the start.

Astrint

Breeding Star
Does anyone know if the shiny swap breeding method works still in sword and shield? or was it patched out? i kinda skipped sun and moon so i am not sure how current the information i am hearing on youtube is.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I need some help about Fossils. I don’t want to waste them because some types are super rare in Shield. And as far as I know, you can’t breed these fossil Pokémon, which makes sense because of their unnatural genetic mashup. So you get limited chances at these Pokémon!

You give two fossils to the scientist and she makes a Pokémon for you. I assume you get it with a random nature and random IVs....? I did read that they have 3 max IV’s maybe. So my question is do you need to save before giving the fossils to the scientist so that you can soft reset to get the right nature fossil Pokémon? And soft reset for shinies too for that matter

I would assume like any other gift pokemon you can soft reset to get one with an ability and nature you want. The fact that they can have two different abilities tells me they aren't locked to any one ability or nature. Not sure if they are shiny locked though tbh, I know a few of the gift pokemon like the starters and Toxel were so these may be too.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Why is it that whenever I go into the Wild Area there are NEVER any Dens with Max Raid battles available???? Every single Den I reach pretty much only allows me to collect 50 Watts.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why is it that whenever I go into the Wild Area there are NEVER any Dens with Max Raid battles available???? Every single Den I reach pretty much only allows me to collect 50 Watts.

So you need to complete all the dens for it to reset so if you don't see any there's probably one or two that you haven't done and need to.

Kingudora

My favourite
Are there not any overworld encounters in Glimwood Tangle? It seems like there should be according to the game data.

Also, can random grass encounters have a Brilliant aura? Like how the fishing spots work.

Marzbar

Do you connect online and go to mystery gift and download the latest Wild area news? I think that updates dens with new raid events

Also how much have you progressed through the game? I saw more and more the higher level I got