• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

PokeAmi

Have anybody else problems with trading? I can't trade with people and I am connected to the Internet and not local communication too. Its just searching constantly. Even with link code trade. :/

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Have anybody else problems with trading? I can't trade with people and I am connected to the Internet and not local communication too. Its just searching constantly. Even with link code trade. :/
I have done some surprise trades online, and just traded locally with someone today without issue.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Why do my Conkeldurr's Hammer Arm, Superpower, and Focus Punch lose base power when I Dynamax?

Because those are moves with downsides when not Dynamaxed. They have no downsides and instead have bonuses.

That being said, Max Knuckle seems to have a lower base power than the others. I'm guessing it's because it raises Attack, the idea being that you do more damage with your higher Attack power, presumably.

MicManGuy

Because those are moves with downsides when not Dynamaxed. They have no downsides and instead have bonuses.

That being said, Max Knuckle seems to have a lower base power than the others. I'm guessing it's because it raises Attack, the idea being that you do more damage with your higher Attack power, presumably.
So where do I go to find the mathematical formula or damage chart or whatever to find what the Max Move damages will end up being for different moves? Serebii lists the "Max Att." values for Dynamax moves on each pokemon's page, but doesn't tell us what moves will give us those values.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Serebii's Pokearth says Cursola is an overworld encounter in all weather in Giant's Mirror but I haven't seen a one. Is it actually there or just for the raids?

MicManGuy

Serebii's Pokearth says Cursola is an overworld encounter in all weather in Giant's Mirror but I haven't seen a one. Is it actually there or just for the raids?
It's exclusive to Pokemon Shield. It only appears if the weather is overcast and has a 5% overworld spawn chance. And ONLY the overworld spawn. It's also VERY hard to see, because it's tiny and doesn't have its coral spikes sticking out. It looks kind of like Munna.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
It's exclusive to Pokemon Shield. It only appears if the weather is overcast and has a 5% overworld spawn chance. And ONLY the overworld spawn. It's also VERY hard to see, because it's tiny and doesn't have its coral spikes sticking out. It looks kind of like Munna.

I was more referring to the evolved form...but Serebii updated the page after I posted to replace Cursola with Purrserker. Thank you for the info for future reference. :)

DannyDark

While I do agree with that being the case.. It's a bit silly from a design standpoint if so, seeing as the Raid Pokemon can reset any stat gains multiple times throughout the battle and you don't even get the gain if the Pokemon is shielded.

Anyway, onto my question.. (Not aimed at you, just wanted to comment on your answer)... In Max Raids, in regards to held items, is it the same case as online wherein even if you use the held item in battle, you'll get it back afterwards? So say if I used a Focus Sash, in an online PVP battle even if the item was used my Pokemon would retain it afterwards, is this the case with Max Raids?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Which Poke balls do u use to catch G-max Pokemon in raid battles?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Nope, unfortunately Gigantamaxing can't be passed down by breeding it seems.
Oh that sucks. I cought a G-max Butterfree but it doesnt have a hidden abillity. Is it not useful for competitive now? (it still has 5 max IV's)

DannyDark

Oh that sucks. I cought a G-max Butterfree but it doesnt have a hidden abillity. Is it not useful for competitive now? (it still has 5 max IV's)

Not necessarily! Honestly, both of Butterfree's abilities are quite good! Tinted Lens is a bit more forgiving as it allows you to hit a bit harder if the matchup isn't in your favour.. But Compoundeyes raises Hurricane's accuracy from 70% to 91%, making Butterfree's most powerful move reliable 9 out of 10 times. It'll also help you hit those Sleep Powder or Stun Spores, raising their accuracy from 75% to 97.5%. So it might play differently than a Tinted Lens set, but Compoundeyes definitely has its uses.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Can someone please help me.Im trying to catch Gigantamax Sandaconda but the npcs are using weak ass Pokémon and need some actual players to help me.If someone wants to help me catch this thing I would greatly appreciate it

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
While I do agree with that being the case.. It's a bit silly from a design standpoint if so, seeing as the Raid Pokemon can reset any stat gains multiple times throughout the battle and you don't even get the gain if the Pokemon is shielded.

Anyway, onto my question.. (Not aimed at you, just wanted to comment on your answer)... In Max Raids, in regards to held items, is it the same case as online wherein even if you use the held item in battle, you'll get it back afterwards? So say if I used a Focus Sash, in an online PVP battle even if the item was used my Pokemon would retain it afterwards, is this the case with Max Raids?

They do get used up, and you don't get them back. At least, that's what happened with the Rindo Berry I attached onto Inteleon after discovering the Gigantamax Centiskorches have Power Whip, and accordingly, Max Overgrowth.

To be honest, I wonder if multipliers even work in those raid battles. They seem to break out WAY too often.

They work--Repeat Balls, Dusk Balls, and Net Balls have been wonders when it comes to getting Gigantamax Pokémon. That being said, there appears to be an increased catch rate if your Pokémon can at least match the opposing Pokémon in level, so once you get a Level 70 Gigantamax Pokémon for the first time, the rest will be a bit easier to catch (assuming you haven't had anyone with a level that high yet).

As DannyDark explained, both of Butterfree's Abilities are quite useful, but Tinted Lens and Compound Eyes have different uses.

And that's the thing: Hidden Abilities aren't always the best choice if you want to play competitively. For instance, Bisharp's Hidden Ability is Pressure, which is arguably its least useful Ability.

One final note for you: I've noticed you ask a lot of questions about what you "need" or if something is "not useful." Competitive Pokémon battling is not really a science. There's a large human psychological factor to it, since it is essentially a guessing game between two people. Hence, there is no one winning recipe or formula. The biggest factor is if you can predict your opponent better than they can predict you. Someone who EV trains their Pokémon could be beaten by someone who doesn't if the one who doesn't is savvy enough to outplay the one who does. I had a lot of success in Generation VII with Snorlax with Immunity, an Ability only 10% of Snorlaxes online had.

The watt vendor in East Lake Axewell now sells repeat balls instead of quick balls. Does that ever change back?

The vendor changes his stock at midnight each day. Your options are to either find another Watt Vendor (there are 7 of them about the Wild Area, one each at Meetup Spot, Dappled Grove, Giant's Seat, East Lake Axewell, Bridge Field, Giant's Cap, and Hammerlocke Hills) or to wait until midnight for them to rotate their stock.

Jake Werner

This thread is for any QUESTIONS & ANSWERS regarding the game.
Your questions may not be answered immediately, so please be patient.

We highly suggest that you look through these dedicated sections first to help find answers.
Please do not spam your questions. All forum rules apply.
Hi! I was hoping someone could tell me where I can find the tm/tr leech seed?? Thank you in advance! ^.^