• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

thebushmaster

PokeMaster JoeyII
You’re either going to need a second Nintendo Switch and a second Pokémon Sword/Shield game or you’ll need someone you can trust to trade over your items to and they hold onto them until you start the new save file at which point you trade back for them. Based off of what we know about Pokémon Home and Pokémon Bank we cannot store away/transfer items.

thank you for your help. so i would probably loss all my mystery gifted clothing from DLC if i started my new save.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
When is the earliest that I can find Ditto?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
So I have a question about IV breeding. I have a Ditto with Max IV’s in HP/Attk/Def/Sp.Attk. Its Sp. Def & Speed have been Hyper Trained. I hatched an Eevee with Max IV’s in everything but Sp. Attack, so the off spring should guaranteed at least 5 Max IV’s right? Ditto has a Destiny Knot but the off spring got HP, Attack, & Defense at Max.

When is the earliest that I can find Ditto?

I found my Ditto in the Wild Area Daycare Center. If you start from there, go straight & after you pass the Den on the right, go right past the 2 brick pillars and you will see a patch of grass surrounding a Den in the right corner. A purple light needs to be present for it to be a Ditto though. I think you can reach this area after the 3rd Gym?

i have several Ditto’s i can trade, they are lvl 50-60 though & have at least 3-4 max IV’s, so if you are planning on using it for breeding, the lvl wont matter.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks. Can they run 1 and 2 star?

KibaLG8

Thanks. Can they run 1 and 2 star?

Im actually going to try that in my Sword playthrough. I just traded myself a LV 50 Snorlax, so let me see if you can use it in 1-2 star raids.

Ghost94

So I have a question about IV breeding. I have a Ditto with Max IV’s in HP/Attk/Def/Sp.Attk. Its Sp. Def & Speed have been Hyper Trained. I hatched an Eevee with Max IV’s in everything but Sp. Attack, so the off spring should guaranteed at least 5 Max IV’s right? Ditto has a Destiny Knot but the off spring got HP, Attack, & Defense at Max
Hyper Training does not allow you to pass down iv’s of 31 it just raises the Pokémon’s stats to reflect a perfect iv. The Destiny Knot guarantees 5 iv’s chosen from the pool of 12 total iv’s from the parents will be passed down to the offspring.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Im actually going to try that in my Sword playthrough. I just traded myself a LV 50 Snorlax, so let me see if you can use it in 1-2 star raids.
Cool. Good luck! Hope that it works out. Gonna train up some more to try again against a 2 star Alcreamie.

KibaLG8

Cool. Good luck! Hope that it works out. Gonna train up some more to try again against a 2 star Alcreamie.

Snorlax obeys and win on the 1st turn.Lol

Hyper Training does not allow you to pass down iv’s of 31 it just raises the Pokémon’s stats to reflect a perfect iv. The Destiny Knot guarantees 5 iv’s chosen from the pool of 12 total iv’s from the parents will be passed down to the offspring.

Ok that explains it. Thanks for clarifying it for me. What threw me off was that I got randomly traded a 5 max IV Dreepy & every Egg I got had at least 5 max IV’s on every offspring, so I didn’t think much of it.

Ghost94

What is the best method of getting a perfect IV Gmax Pokemon?
5 star Max Raid Battles will have the best overall iv’s, but you can always use a Bottle Cap too.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Okay, I’m dumb and need help regarding the expansion pass. Is it one pass per game per switch per profile? So to get the pass for my boyfriend and I, who both own Sword and Shield, would we have to get 4 passes for both games and both profiles?? Help.

BCVM22

Buy the Sword Expansion Pass and any copy of Sword that has started a save file on your system can use the DLC; likewise with Shield, obviously. DLC is system-wide. Every profile on your system draws from the same core of game data.

To put it in your terms, it's one pass per game per Switch. No profiles involved.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
How often does the battle cafe give put the colored sweets for the evolution purposes?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How often does the battle cafe give put the colored sweets for the evolution purposes?
It's once per day, and apparently there are three (Motostoke, Hammerlock, Wyndon).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It's once per day, and apparently there are three (Motostoke, Hammerlock, Wyndon).

That part I understand but I only got 2 sweets from all 3 cafes today. A sweet isn't guaranteed every yime

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
That part I understand but I only got 2 sweets from all 3 cafes today. A sweet isn't guaranteed every yime
My apologies.

If the items are equal weight (one item is just as probable as another), then you can look on Pokearth to get a probability.

For example, there are 4 sweets out of 17 items in Hammerlocke Cafe, so the probability may be 4/17.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
My apologies.

If the items are equal weight (one item is just as probable as another), then you can look on Pokearth to get a probability.

For example, there are 4 sweets out of 17 items in Hammerlocke Cafe, so the probability may be 4/17.

np, yeah its around 5/17 chances. i only got 1/3 this round....

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
The Switch and its games are region-free, so that no longer matters. “Nationality” of your game is dependent entirely upon language.
yes and no. it depends on the profiles you create. or at least what region your profiles are set to. If you use a profile that is set to Australia to buy a game from the Australian eshop, you can't play that game with a North American profile.

I have looked and looked in every possible section and I cannot find any VGC 2020 discussion section/thread anywhere on these forums. Am I blind? Or do we not have one?

I need VGC help...
Unfortunately these forums aren't too big on competitive battling discussion. Your best bet might be to start a thread in the General Competitive Discussion section or Rate My Team section, although they don't seem to be updated for gen 8, or possibly the 8th gen wifi center, but that one seems to be all about trading.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Question: I let 3 level-1 Pokemon do a job and the next day they came back at level 30.

Would they have the same stats now if I had use them in battle? Or are they considered a little weaker (a la using Rare Candies)

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
How are the accuracy of OHKO moves affected when they hit the barriers of the max raid pokemon? I remembered one miss from my past raids.