• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
AHHHHHH!! In need of some tips on how to get Dusknoir to spawn ... I'm in the Stony Wilderness, its raining and it's been almost two days since hes last appeared in my game ugh lol
- sorry for the needing of stupid tips but any tips please??
- thanks guys

You'll have to be patient. Dusknoir only shows up during certain weather, and it appears in the same spot as Golurk and I believe Grimmsnarl. It's all luck.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I know your pain miss Tiffany. I was trying for a mimikyu in foggy weather and had no suck luck for a long time. Pokemon Home fixed that for me.

Is the gigantamax sizzlepede doing it's rounds in the den raids? I'm trying to get one for a while and I think I saw a coded den raid that likely had one just recently.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I know your pain miss Tiffany. I was trying for a mimikyu in foggy weather and had no suck luck for a long time. Pokemon Home fixed that for me.

Is the gigantamax sizzlepede doing it's rounds in the den raids? I'm trying to get one for a while and I think I saw a coded den raid that likely had one just recently.

No, Gigantamax Centiskorch is not one of the featured ones at the moment. What you saw was a Max Raid Battle for it found the hard way, and it has a code to allow the person's friends to join in and have as many opportunities to catch it as they need.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No, Gigantamax Centiskorch is not one of the featured ones at the moment. What you saw was a Max Raid Battle for it found the hard way, and it has a code to allow the person's friends to join in and have as many opportunities to catch it as they need.

ty for the reply, is the code a password that the player knows will access it or did they host it in some way?

I do have another question, which ability for timid Lucario is now preferred? Steadfast or inner focus. Steadfast can boost its speed. Inner focus prevents flinch and gets a buff that prevents stat decreases. Do the new buffs make one better for battle?

Last edited:

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
Ever since I downloaded the codes to the expansion pass, I have noticed that I can't play the games out side the house. Has anyone else noticed the same problem?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
ty for the reply, is the code a password that the player knows will access it or did they host it in some way?

I do have another question, which ability for timid Lucario is now preferred? Steadfast or inner focus. Steadfast can boost its speed. Inner focus prevents flinch and gets a buff that prevents stat decreases. Do the new buffs make one better for battle?

You were seeing the host of that raid. The host set the four-digit password and has let one or more people know about it. Those raids you saw were essentially private rooms.

What is more useful between Steadfast or Inner Focus will depend on what sort of battling your Lucario is going to do and what the rest of your team will be. A common fallacy is to assume one Ability is better than the other in all contexts, which is not always the case. Durant is a good example of this, as Hustle is the best choice if Durant will be your dedicated Dynamax user, Truant is preferred if you're going to fight computer players, and Swarm is recommended for a non-Dynamax role against human opponents. Galarian Darmanitan is another example, as Gorilla Tactics is more effective in single battles, while Zen Mode is more useful in double battles.

In Generation VII, I used Snorlax with Immunity, the rarest Ability found online (Gluttony accounted for about 55% of all Snorlaxes, and Thick Fat about 35%, with Immunity around 10%). This was because Toxapex was everywhere in online battling, and I raised Snorlax to reliably counter Toxapex, which was exactly what happened. He reliably defeated every Toxapex I encountered, as well as a lot of other Pokémon (or invoked a surrender from some people who had just Toxapex left while I had Snorlax). As a bonus, because Immunity was the rarest Ability, every Toxapex user I faced attempted to use Toxic first, wasting a turn.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You were seeing the host of that raid. The host set the four-digit password and has let one or more people know about it. Those raids you saw were essentially private rooms.

What is more useful between Steadfast or Inner Focus will depend on what sort of battling your Lucario is going to do and what the rest of your team will be. A common fallacy is to assume one Ability is better than the other in all contexts, which is not always the case. Durant is a good example of this, as Hustle is the best choice if Durant will be your dedicated Dynamax user, Truant is preferred if you're going to fight computer players, and Swarm is recommended for a non-Dynamax role against human opponents. Galarian Darmanitan is another example, as Gorilla Tactics is more effective in single battles, while Zen Mode is more useful in double battles.

In Generation VII, I used Snorlax with Immunity, the rarest Ability found online (Gluttony accounted for about 55% of all Snorlaxes, and Thick Fat about 35%, with Immunity around 10%). This was because Toxapex was everywhere in online battling, and I raised Snorlax to reliably counter Toxapex, which was exactly what happened. He reliably defeated every Toxapex I encountered, as well as a lot of other Pokémon (or invoked a surrender from some people who had just Toxapex left while I had Snorlax). As a bonus, because Immunity was the rarest Ability, every Toxapex user I faced attempted to use Toxic first, wasting a turn.

ty for the reply. TBH i havent even done a single battle in gen8 so far. i did a fair amount in gen6, gen7 not as much due to Z-nukes. as for gen8 i just have been focused more on ingame battles where perfect stats dont matter so much. im slowly getting a battle team ready ie transfer 5IV pokemon to gen8 and breeding a few in gen8. i probably will do some battles online but i havent gotten to that point yet.

i dont presume that one ability is better than the other but inner focus does add an extra benefit that it hasnt had in previous generations. usually i run a life orb Lucario though the loss of megas does make me change the mega-gardvoir to another item. Lucario is more of a glass/steel cannon in that case. since i havent really did any online battles, knowing how the meta has changed has made me wonder if inner focus got a slight edge as intimidate type abilities are more easily countered by additional abilities than in gen7 or lower. i do have a psychic/dark pulse option that tailors to certain counters but both are situational. gen7 i would say psychic but im not sure if it would be as useful for coverage in gen8. sending in steadfast for a fake out can boost the speed a bit but thats the most i can really expect out of it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If one the parents is shiny, do the child has a higher chance of being shiny?

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
If you are trying to use online features which would include online raid battles, you might not be able to because there is no internet.
No, just clicking to get into the games. After I guess downloading the expansions I now get a message that reads ...checking the software can be played. before it will let be play.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, I compiled a list of all Pokemon that have double weaknesses, including those that can learn a move to counter it, and the most recent generation each Pokemon is in. The link can be found in my signature.

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
I really need a shiny stone to evolve my roselia. I know it is a hidden item at the lake of rage. Does anyone know exactly where it is at? Thank you in advance for your help.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I really need a shiny stone to evolve my roselia. I know it is a hidden item at the lake of rage. Does anyone know exactly where it is at? Thank you in advance for your help.

there are 2 dens in that area, one at the end and the other one surrounded by around 7-8 standing stones. it will be in the area of the standing stones surrounding the den . the stones are on the outer edges hiding under the shadow of the stones. they respawn after a while so you'll be able to gather a few with enough time.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Does the wild are event mons (for this case, Gigantamax Copperajah, Charizard, Garbodor & Duraludon) have the chance of having a hidden ability, or should I assume nothing out of no news?

NeillO007

Not sure if this belongs here But im not able to breed A feebas from A male inkay and A female feebas. It keeps saying they are not fond of each other the eig groups should be correct. If i take A male feebas and A female inkay it does work But i get an inkay obviously. How am i supposed to breed A feebas with hypnosis now? I’m lost :/

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
ty for the reply. TBH i havent even done a single battle in gen8 so far. i did a fair amount in gen6, gen7 not as much due to Z-nukes. as for gen8 i just have been focused more on ingame battles where perfect stats dont matter so much. im slowly getting a battle team ready ie transfer 5IV pokemon to gen8 and breeding a few in gen8. i probably will do some battles online but i havent gotten to that point yet.

i dont presume that one ability is better than the other but inner focus does add an extra benefit that it hasnt had in previous generations. usually i run a life orb Lucario though the loss of megas does make me change the mega-gardvoir to another item. Lucario is more of a glass/steel cannon in that case. since i havent really did any online battles, knowing how the meta has changed has made me wonder if inner focus got a slight edge as intimidate type abilities are more easily countered by additional abilities than in gen7 or lower. i do have a psychic/dark pulse option that tailors to certain counters but both are situational. gen7 i would say psychic but im not sure if it would be as useful for coverage in gen8. sending in steadfast for a fake out can boost the speed a bit but thats the most i can really expect out of it.

To be honest, both Inner Focus and Steadfast are situational Abilities, as they depend on your opponent's actions. Intimidate doesn't appear to be quite as common as it was during the tail end of Generation VII, probably due to some highly public nerfs to it (though it's more buffs to other Abilities), as well as the off-chance of something holding an Adrenaline Orb. And depending on if you're playing single battles or double battles, flinch is either restricted to a few specific Pokémon for the former (like Togekiss) or as opening scouts for the latter (like Ludicolo).

Lucario's Speed of 90 means the risk of a flinch will likely come mainly out of Fake Out. It really doesn't matter which one you pick, since you likely won't come across it much for single battles, and the real worth in double battling is ensuring Lucario will never be targeted with Fake Out.

In both cases, though, Dynamaxing has made flinching less common, since Dynamaxed and Gigantamaxed Pokémon cannot flinch. That's resulted, in general, a decrease in flinch-based strategies, so it's basically a toss-up. That being said, I do like to open double battles with a Pokémon with Fake Out so I can set up and gain an early lead, especially if I can accurately predict whom my opponent will Dynamax/Gigantamax. (For instance, people commonly open with Tyranitar and Excadrill, and they will Dynamax Excadrill immediately.) If you opt for Inner Focus in a double battle and use Dynamax on Lucario's partner, you can (almost) guarantee Fake Out immunity. For the record, there's no overlap between Pokémon with Mold Breaker (or synonymous Ablities) and Pokémon who can learn Fake Out.

No, just clicking to get into the games. After I guess downloading the expansions I now get a message that reads ...checking the software can be played. before it will let be play.

Where does the error message come up? Is it on the Switch menu, when you try to go online with the game, or some other time? Are your other Switch games able to go online? Can you access the eShop?

Does the wild are event mons (for this case, Gigantamax Copperajah, Charizard, Garbodor & Duraludon) have the chance of having a hidden ability, or should I assume nothing out of no news?

They all have a chance of a Hidden Ability.Based on my short time with it though, Charizard appears to have lower odds than the others.

Not sure if this belongs here But im not able to breed A feebas from A male inkay and A female feebas. It keeps saying they are not fond of each other the eig groups should be correct. If i take A male feebas and A female inkay it does work But i get an inkay obviously. How am i supposed to breed A feebas with hypnosis now? I’m lost :/

You'll get eggs, but the chances are low. Only if you hear "They're brimming with energy" or "They prefer to play with other Pokémon" will you get no eggs.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah, how do you make a private raid anyway? I've always wondered that.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, how do you make a private raid anyway? I've always wondered that.

When you select an active Max Raid Den, press the + button before anything else. That will prompt a 4-digit Link Code. Share that with anyone else whom you want to join your raid.

As a heads-up, though, you won't be able to invite regular people into this kind of raid. It has to be either all-public or all-private, not a mix like you can in games like Splatoon 2 or Tetris 99.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
To be honest, both Inner Focus and Steadfast are situational Abilities, as they depend on your opponent's actions. Intimidate doesn't appear to be quite as common as it was during the tail end of Generation VII, probably due to some highly public nerfs to it (though it's more buffs to other Abilities), as well as the off-chance of something holding an Adrenaline Orb. And depending on if you're playing single battles or double battles, flinch is either restricted to a few specific Pokémon for the former (like Togekiss) or as opening scouts for the latter (like Ludicolo).

Lucario's Speed of 90 means the risk of a flinch will likely come mainly out of Fake Out. It really doesn't matter which one you pick, since you likely won't come across it much for single battles, and the real worth in double battling is ensuring Lucario will never be targeted with Fake Out.

In both cases, though, Dynamaxing has made flinching less common, since Dynamaxed and Gigantamaxed Pokémon cannot flinch. That's resulted, in general, a decrease in flinch-based strategies, so it's basically a toss-up. That being said, I do like to open double battles with a Pokémon with Fake Out so I can set up and gain an early lead, especially if I can accurately predict whom my opponent will Dynamax/Gigantamax. (For instance, people commonly open with Tyranitar and Excadrill, and they will Dynamax Excadrill immediately.) If you opt for Inner Focus in a double battle and use Dynamax on Lucario's partner, you can (almost) guarantee Fake Out immunity. For the record, there's no overlap between Pokémon with Mold Breaker (or synonymous Ablities) and Pokémon who can learn Fake Out.

thank you for the reply and the helpful info. im likely gonna go with inner focus for the added buff of not having the stats dropped. i have nothing against steadfast but they both have their perks. i do know that my intimidate Arcanine will just be what it is at this point with the new buff to counter it but its the set that i like the best.