• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
not so much a help question but since when did the trade/battle codes get to 8 digits. it seems like a more useful system than 4 digits. its been the first time i did a trade in a few months. the pokemon games havent been the top of my mind for a while.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
not so much a help question but since when did the trade/battle codes get to 8 digits. it seems like a more useful system than 4 digits. its been the first time i did a trade in a few months. the pokemon games havent been the top of my mind for a while.
I think it was during the Isle of Armor update

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think it was during the Isle of Armor update

thank you for the reply. i tried to avoid trading when neccessary as the 4 digit system was still bulky back then...

rohbbX3

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I have a huge doubt.
What would be the best name for Rillaboom?
I really like nicknaming my pokemon and I want to name him as a breakbeat, drum & bass, jungle artist
What could be the perfect name that gives that THIS IS IT feel?

Armmine

At which point in the game can I start using Pokemon Home? Can I, like, transfer my shiny 5IV Bulbasaur from Pokemon X and use it from the very beginning or do I have to clear elite 4 first or something?

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If I had to guess, you might be able to do it once you get to the Wedgehurst Pokémon Center for the first time since you’ll receive your Pokédex & have access to the Rotomi by then.

If not then you’ll have access when you first arrive in the Wild Area since that’s when direct access to the box system is available

TradeFreak

ive gotten my shiny celebi from go, but it gave me an error when i tried to transfer it to my sword file, it was:
" The selected Pokémon brought over from Pokémon GO has not been obtained in this save file. "
i checked online and it says that the error showed up because celebi wasnt registered in my file to begin with.
i touch traded a celebi with a guy from reddit, and then i got into home it STILL wouldnt help me and showed me the error.
i didnt save after i traded, but i had the guys card in my card collection, so it wasnt the problem...
anyone else having that problem? did anyone had that problem but touvh trading helped them? please tell and help me!

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
ive gotten my shiny celebi from go, but it gave me an error when i tried to transfer it to my sword file, it was:
" The selected Pokémon brought over from Pokémon GO has not been obtained in this save file. "
i checked online and it says that the error showed up because celebi wasnt registered in my file to begin with.
i touch traded a celebi with a guy from reddit, and then i got into home it STILL wouldnt help me and showed me the error.
i didnt save after i traded, but i had the guys card in my card collection, so it wasnt the problem...
anyone else having that problem? did anyone had that problem but touvh trading helped them? please tell and help me!

You probably need to put it into Pokémon Home first before you can transfer it into Sword and Shield.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I get the same error with Giratina today.

So I need to get a Giratina from trade or Bank to transfer the Go one? That's suck as well as being a poor design

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If I start a new game after buying the expansion pass, will I still be able to go to the Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra, or will I have to repurchase it again?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The DLC is tied to the game, not the save file. You have to progress far enough to get access to the DLC, but it's still there.
I tried a new game on the secondary account for my Switch lite, but I got a notification on my Switch that said "Downloadable Content Cannot Be Played"

Akashin

I tried a new game on the secondary account for my Switch lite, but I got a notification on my Switch that said "Downloadable Content Cannot Be Played"

Is that Switch Lite the same console you purchased the DLC on? From what I can tell, if you have an account that you access from multiple consoles, the DLC is only accessible on the primary console. I can't say for sure though, since I only have one Switch.

DangerBoat

So I caught a xerneas from a dynamax raid in Pokémon sword and it was already level 70. From what I’ve been able to find online there is no tutor that can help xerneas learn that move. No tm or item that teaches it. And it can only be learned naturally at level 55. So is my xernias just incapable of learning geomancy? Is there anything I can do?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Hi i'm trying to find a workaround. I managed to link pokemon go to my pokemon home and nintendo accounts and i was hoping to transfer my Latias from pokemon go along with a gift Melmetal (received for linking the accounts.) But the game says i can't transfer Latias from the HOME box into my game because i haven't obtained it in the main game.

Is anyone with a Shield Version willing to host a a Dynamax Raid for Latias so i can challenge it. Or perhaps borrow it through a trade (including sending it back or trade it)

Just send a private message.