• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

NeedsAName

Hello everyone.
I havent played seriously since Gen 3 but I was keeping up and since Christmas I am neck deep in Pokemon Shield and loving it.
Question though. On Serebii and Bulba and everywhere it says that in some Crown Tundra dens eg Slippery slope I can find Gmax Coalossal in Shield (In wild area I cant) but... I have tried all dens that say so with purple beams etc, I have spent HOURS changing the date and retrying (I even went day by day to 2023 lol) and Gmax Coalossal is nowhere to be found with 15% chance whereas other Gmax dens eg Butterfly who's also in slippery slope , I got in under 10 mins.
Anyone know whats up with that?
Looking on Bulbapedia revealed a discrepancy, namely þat Coalossal's page says it can be found in boþ versions at Slippery Slope, but þe page specifically on Slippery Slope has never in any revision displayed Coalossal as appearing þere. Serebii has consistency between boþ of saying Coalossal appears in boþ versions. Are you sure you tried every den, and how many times did you try each den?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
What levels should my team be at for þe series of battles (whatever it's called) in Wyndon, and can I access the PC between battles? My team currently consists of (rotating) Cinderace, Corviknight, Grimmsnarl, Diggersby, Tyranitar, Orbeetle, and Toxtricity.
Around the mid-50s is a good range for the Championship Cup Battles at Wyndon. Also you cannot access the PC between battles.

Autobot N

If I never manually update the Wild Area News, will the special encounters stay the same forever? So I could catch G-Max Hattrems long after March 31st?

Autobot N

I’m assuming yes unless updating to newer versions of the software causes you to get the latest news
Cool, thanks!

Also, what happens if I boot up a new file to get a new Kubfu, and evolve it in another game before completing the Isle of Armor? Do I get locked out of ever finishing whichever Tower I chose?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Cool, thanks!

Also, what happens if I boot up a new file to get a new Kubfu, and evolve it in another game before completing the Isle of Armor? Do I get locked out of ever finishing whichever Tower I chose?
No problem.

I know Mustard commmets on if you don’t have Kubfu anymore but I don’t think you’d be locked out. You can go into either Tower even if you don’t have a Kubfu in your possession. You just can’t do the evolution sequence. So you’ll still have access to whatever Tower you choose in case you get Kubfu back.

When you’re supposed to let Mustard check its bond with you: Hmm? Why, <player>, I don't see Kubfu in your team or in your Boxes. There is no point in this training without Kubfu. Are you sure you want to continue? Are you sure you won't regret continuing with the training, even without Kubfu?"Well then, follow me." (If you say no, he’ll just wait until you bring it back).

Battle in your chosen Tower: Even now, I see you don't have Kubfu with you.""Well, there's nothing for it but to have a Pokémon battle.”

Once you beat Mustard in your chosen Tower: Good work.""Well, there's no reason to look at the Scroll of Darkness/Waters without Kubfu...""Here, you can have this!""Let's head back."

Blastoise91

Hey somehow I've not been in the position to Dynamax when affected by sleep,poison,etc or when I was able to I was worried the effects carry over and it would hinder my team so chose not to and allow somebody else the chance so I have to ask because I can't find anything about it...If you're affected by a status effect like sleep and you Dynamax..does your Pokemon stay asleep or does Dynamaxing erase status effects? Thanks!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hey somehow I've not been in the position to Dynamax when affected by sleep,poison,etc or when I was able to I was worried the effects carry over and it would hinder my team so chose not to and allow somebody else the chance so I have to ask because I can't find anything about it...If you're affected by a status effect like sleep and you Dynamax..does your Pokemon stay asleep or does Dynamaxing erase status effects? Thanks!
Dynamaxing does not cure status conditions so your Pokémon will still remain asleep in this case (bar waking up that turn).

Briarwyn

1. Does Sword and Shield have the option of getting other starter pokemon, or are there only grookey, scorbunny, and sobble?
2. Is there a way to get all 3 Shield starters on your team?
3. Although I'm new to Sword and Shield, I found out about a curry mini-game. Does Serebii have a written list of all the in-game curry dishes?
4. Has anyone found out how to manipulate the switch lite, to allow players to trade pokemon with themselves?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
1. Does Sword and Shield have the option of getting other starter pokemon, or are there only grookey, scorbunny, and sobble?
3. Although I'm new to Sword and Shield, I found out about a curry mini-game. Does Serebii have a written list of all the in-game curry dishes?
4. Has anyone found out how to manipulate the switch lite, to allow players to trade pokemon with themselves?
1) No, there are only those three starters to begin with. Later in the game, Kantonian and Alolan starters can be obtained through max raids however.
2) Trading for them. Or spending time in the DLC areas and dynamax adventures looking for them.
3) Yes, on their main site in the Sword and Shield section.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
1) Yes you can have the Kanto, Hoenn, & Alola starters as well but to get them early as the Galar starters you’d need to trade or use HOME.
2) If you deposit a Pokémon from SwSh into Home, you can get all 3 starters with their Hidden Abilities. Otherwise you’d need to trade.
3) Yes https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/currydex.shtml
4) The best you can do is use Home to “trade”between different saves but if you mean for something like trade evolutions or version exclusives, there isn’t any workaround.

Ghost94

There are other starters available in game as gift Pokémon. You can find out who here: https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/gift.shtml
And here’s a link to the Curry Dex page: https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/currydex.shtml

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
My friends and I battle online all the time. The only catch is you need a Nintendo Online subscription. I don’t remember the cost of that at the top of my head.
Yep.

It's $19.99 for a single subscription and iirc it's around $34.99 for a family one.