• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anybody know what happens if you breed Non-Forgery Sinistea/Polteageist? Does it hatch more Non-Forgery ones, do they become Forgery ones, or is there a mix of them?

Are there not any overworld encounters in Glimwood Tangle? It seems like there should be according to the game data.

There are, but the grass patches are concentrated toward the beginning. Patches of grass need to be of a certain size for them to spawn, and most of the ones in Glimwood Tangle are too small.

There may also be a glitch that causes them to stop spawning. They disappeared from me in Route 9's middle area, for instance, preventing me from getting the Pokémon found there only via overworld encounter.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Are there not any overworld encounters in Glimwood Tangle? It seems like there should be according to the game data.
Yeah there are no overworld encounters in Glimwood Tangle. It's all grass encounters.
Does changing your Switch time restrict time based events like the 3DS games?
Yes. It does the usual locking for 24 hours thing if you mess with the time. So you can't cheat PokeJobs or anything like that.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
To get competitive Pokemon I need good IV, EV and abillity right? Then why are the raid battles good to get this? aren't IV and EV depand on breeding and the abillity can now be changed with these mint items? If so - why do we need raid battles Pokemon? (exept for g-max forms that is)
Am i missing something?

MicManGuy

What is the damage formula for Max moves?

I'm trying to build my money farming G-max Meowth. But the Meowth page says that the Max Att for G-Max Gold Rush is 140(Phy)/130(Spe). But what moves are those values for?

Last Resort has a power of 140. But the highest Special move for the attack is Hyper Voice, with a power of 90. So I'm confused, here. What's the formula?

DeadshotRogue

FC: SW-7265-0099-3706
To get competitive Pokemon I need good IV, EV and abillity right? Then why are the raid battles good to get this? aren't IV and EV depand on breeding and the abillity can now be changed with these mint items? If so - why do we need raid battles Pokemon? (exept for g-max forms that is)
Am i missing something?
Raid battle pokemon can have hidden abilities and up to 6 IVs and egg moves.
Competitive pokemon are leveled to 50.

janejane6178

Raid battle pokemon can have hidden abilities and up to 6 IVs and egg moves.
Competitive pokemon are leveled to 50.
Thankyou =]
I have 3 questions:
1. Don't I usually need only TWO top IV's? (Cuz only 2 states get 252 EV's usually)
2. Can the states of a Pokemon be maxed until lvl 50? I thought it needed to be lvl 100 to have its states maxed :eek:
3. I know I can see the EV's amount onthe description of my Pokemon page, but it doesnt show the exact number of EV... so How can I EV train my Pokemon that way? Dont I need the exact number of EV it has in every state?
Ty=]

DeadshotRogue

Thankyou =]
2 questions:
1. Don't I usually need only TWO top IV's? (Cuz only 2 states get 252 EV's usually)
2. Can the states of a Pokemon be maxed until lvl 50? I thought it needed to be lvl 100 to have its states maxed :eek:
Ty=]
You can just use bottlecaps to max the IVs you want. When you go into a competitive battle and the pokemon is over level 50 it levels it down to 50 and adjust its stats to that level. If you EV train a pokemon just level it to 50 so you know what its stats are going to be online.

DeadshotRogue

Thankyou =]
I have 3 questions:
3. I know I can see the EV's amount onthe description of my Pokemon page, but it doesnt show the exact number of EV... so How can I EV train my Pokemon that way? Dont I need the exact number of EV it has in every state?
Ty=]
The easiest way I have found to EV train is to buy vitamins. They give you 10 EV points for each one. I just EV trained my Drednaw and its Adamant so I gave it 26 protein and 26 carbos and 1 HP up to fully EV train it.

janejane6178

The easiest way I have found to EV train is to buy vitamins. They give you 10 EV points for each one. I just EV trained my Drednaw and its Adamant so I gave it 26 protein and 26 carbos and 1 HP up to fully EV train it.
But how do u know the exact amount of EV it has in each state? Cuz that yellow chart on the Pokemon's info page doesnt show the exact number of it :eek:

DeadshotRogue

But how do u know the exact amount of EV it has in each state? Cuz that yellow chart on the Pokemon's info page doesnt show the exact number of it :eek:
I dont really know. Thats why I just use the Vitamins. There is a judge in one of the towns who will give you a ribbon if a pokemon is fully EV trained though.

janejane6178

I dont really know. Thats why I just use the Vitamins. There is a judge in one of the towns who will give you a ribbon if a pokemon is fully EV trained though.
Oh IC, but if I already have a Pokemon I played with during my walkthrough, then It already has random EV's on its stats... do u think I should just delete all its Ev's with berries first?

janejane6178

But isnt 26 proteins = 260 EV's ? Isnt the max EV of a state is 252?

Squirtlemasterr

An acquaintance of mine has complained to me that after using the G-max move: Gold Rush he isn’t getting any money. Has anyone else had this issue or know why this might be? I’m not sure what type of battles he is using the move in but I thought I’d ask anyway.

janejane6178

Yeah Vitamins give 10 but I always buy one more instead of battling a wild pokemon for the other 2 EVs.
But lets say I only want 252 EV on my S.Attack state. I need to have 25 vitamins, and then I will have 25*10 = 250 EV.. and then in order to gain 2 more EV's (252-250 = 2 ) I need to kill a Pokemon that gives S.Attack EV?

DeadshotRogue

But lets say I only want 252 EV on my S.Attack state. I need to have 25 vitamins, and then I will have 25*10 = 250 EV.. and then in order to gain 2 more EV's (252-250 = 2 ) I need to kill a Pokemon that gives S.Attack EV?
Yeah or buy another protein for those 2 EVs. It wont go over 252 so you will only be getting 2 points from the 26th protein.