• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
What levels are 4-star and 5-star Max Raid Pokemon at?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What levels are 4-star and 5-star Max Raid Pokemon at?

For regular Pokémon, 4-star Max Raid Battle Pokémon are in the low-30s to mid-40s, and 5-star ones are in their mid-50s to low-60s. For Gigantamax Pokémon, 4-stars are at Level 50, and 5-stars are at Level 70.

Hey can someone tell me where the tr for Psychic fangs is? The den location for ot would be very helpful

One of the Watt Traders usually has it available. Most Max Raid Battles against Psychic Pokémon 3 stars or above will usually come with it too.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
Question: Is the Fog weather condition for the Wild area unlockable after becoming champion?

GAK Attack

Question: Is the Fog weather condition for the Wild area unlockable after becoming champion?
That's what I've seen yes. Realized this AFTER moving my Switch date/time up about 30 times. I was almost to Christmas lol.

--

QUESTION: Where can I find a good water type mid-game? At the 5th gym right now, don't need it right away but like I will eventually. I should have started with Sobble but didn't.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
QUESTION: Where can I find a good water type mid-game? At the 5th gym right now, don't need it right away but like I will eventually. I should have started with Sobble but didn't.
Barraskewda is a powerhouse, albeit a fragile one. You can fish for it as an Arrokuda at a decent level on the Hulbury docks.

mbruno

Yes, and the image shows up, allows me to view the animations, etc. like for any other pokemon I've caught, but the actual text for the pokedex entry remains as blank as if I never caught any and only saw them.
I ran into the same thing. Use the Gigantamax pokemon in battle once(actually Gigantamax it in the battle) and it will fill everything in(the weight is supposed to stay question marks, btw).

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Barraskewda is a powerhouse, albeit a fragile one. You can fish for it as an Arrokuda at a decent level on the Hulbury docks.

I think Barraskewda is one of the strongest water types we have ever seen.I used one on my team and it was great.Though besides him there aren’t many new water types that are good.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
Okay, even though I've had Sword for over a week, I'm not very far in because I'm balancing schoolwork and another Switch game (Breath of the Wild). Plus, I'm spending time catching Pokémon in the southern Wild Area's different weathers...

Anyway, my question is regarding Happiness (make Return stronger, let certain Pokémon evolve, etc.) and Affection (hearts, extra text in battle, battle bonuses, etc.). I'm hearing conflicting reports on whether or not the two mechanics have been merged into a single thing, so that playing with your Pokémon enough in Camp will let a Friendship-Evolver (Budew, Eevee, Munchlax, Riolu, etc.) evolve; I'm seeing just as many sites saying "Yes, they're one thing now" as there are sites saying "No, they're still two separate things". I'd really like some clarification over which of those two groups is right, whether or not Happiness and Affection have been melded into one thing or not, so I can know if I can evolve my Budew just by playing with him enough in Camp until he has 2/3/4/5 Hearts, or if I'll have to, say, slowly raise his Happiness by running laps for 40-60 minutes straight with him at the head of my party (hey, it worked for evolving Munchlax early-game in my Ultra Sun playthrough...)

...And if they have been merged, how does that affect Eevee's evolution into Espeon / Umbreon / Sylveon?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Okay, according to the site itself, Espurr and Meowstic can be found in Den 2, and only at that den. The list shows that they'll have their standard abilities. It's the only fully evolved Pokémon in that den that lists "Standard" under Ability that has a Hidden Ability.

Does this mean that Meowstic with Prankster/Competitive is currently unavailable?

P.S. Den 2 does not list 5-star raids for Meowstic, even though I know I have done 5-star raids for it. They came up twice in my Y-Comm feed; I participated in both of them.

Last edited:

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Okay, even though I've had Sword for over a week, I'm not very far in because I'm balancing schoolwork and another Switch game (Breath of the Wild). Plus, I'm spending time catching Pokémon in the southern Wild Area's different weathers...

Anyway, my question is regarding Happiness (make Return stronger, let certain Pokémon evolve, etc.) and Affection (hearts, extra text in battle, battle bonuses, etc.). I'm hearing conflicting reports on whether or not the two mechanics have been merged into a single thing, so that playing with your Pokémon enough in Camp will let a Friendship-Evolver (Budew, Eevee, Munchlax, Riolu, etc.) evolve; I'm seeing just as many sites saying "Yes, they're one thing now" as there are sites saying "No, they're still two separate things". I'd really like some clarification over which of those two groups is right, whether or not Happiness and Affection have been melded into one thing or not, so I can know if I can evolve my Budew just by playing with him enough in Camp until he has 2/3/4/5 Hearts, or if I'll have to, say, slowly raise his Happiness by running laps for 40-60 minutes straight with him at the head of my party (hey, it worked for evolving Munchlax early-game in my Ultra Sun playthrough...)

...And if they have been merged, how does that affect Eevee's evolution into Espeon / Umbreon / Sylveon?
I don't see why they wouldn't have been made into one thing for here. When you camp, it mentions that your Pokes get friendly towards you during curry stuff, and eventually doing that enough will result in affection-like stuff happening ingame.

Eevee needs a fairy move to evolve into Sylveon, that's what affects it like it always did. The day/night cycle still affects it otherwise too.

imrt

My son lost to Raihan in the champion league, how do we re enter the champion league. We get a message saying the match will start shortly but never does...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I ran into the same thing. Use the Gigantamax pokemon in battle once(actually Gigantamax it in the battle) and it will fill everything in(the weight is supposed to stay question marks, btw).
Well that explains it! Many thanks.

BCVM22

My son lost to Raihan in the champion league, how do we re enter the champion league. We get a message saying the match will start shortly but never does...

Walk through the tunnel from the locker room out on to the field.

Astrint

Breeding Star
so, is it proven that you get sweet and tart apples from the battle cafes? i can't find any information that says there are any more than two of them in their respective games.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Ok, question;

I have noticed that when I breed my Corsola (Male/Dusk Ball) with a Ditto there is a 100% chance that the offspring will also be in a Dusk Ball. I really want it in a regular Pokéball but it seems my efforts are futile :( Did something change in the breeding mechanic?

DannyDark

Ok, question;

I have noticed that when I breed my Corsola (Male/Dusk Ball) with a Ditto there is a 100% chance that the offspring will also be in a Dusk Ball. I really want it in a regular Pokéball but it seems my efforts are futile :( Did something change in the breeding mechanic?

It's been like this for at least a Generation, I believe? Someone else might know more! But any Pokemon bred with Ditto will always inherit the ball of the non-Ditto unfortunately!
So you could possibly breed Corsola with another Corsola in a Pokeball and then breed that offspring with the Ditto?

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
It's been like this for at least a Generation, I believe? Someone else might know more! But any Pokemon bred with Ditto will always inherit the ball of the non-Ditto unfortunately!
So you could possibly breed Corsola with another Corsola in a Pokeball and then breed that offspring with the Ditto?
You see I thought it would only be guaranteed if the parent was a female, but if you breed a male with a Ditto there's a 50% chance of ball inheritance.

Or maybe not, I don't know :s

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
You see I thought it would only be guaranteed if the parent was a female, but if you breed a male with a Ditto there's a 50% chance of ball inheritance.

Or maybe not, I don't know :s

I do not understand why they haven't made it so we can transfer our Pokemon to any Poke ball, with all the other quality of life stuff they've added.