• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Akashin

Hello everyone!

I am just wandering if it is possible to catch a Gigantamax pokemon but in its basic form?

I want a gigantamax Corviknight on my team but would ideally like to train it from a Rookidee.

If I catch a Rookidee from the relevant den when a purple light is shining through will it be able to change its gigantamax form later in the game?

Thanks

My instinct is to say no, you can only catch them fully evolved. But just in case I'm wrong, you can check this by looking at their status screen; they will have the red Dynamax/Gigantamax symbol beside their name regardless of evolution stage.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
The weather changes once midnight passes by on your system clock. The weather, to my knowledge, is random, and there's no way to change it without letting the 24 hours pass or messing with the Switch's system clock.

Pokémon with Compound Eyes, such as Butterfree and Galvantula, dramatically increase the rate at which a Pokémon carries a hold item. Of course, the encounter rate for Pikachu is crazy rare as it is, so you'll still need to search for quite a while.

One of you might not be qualified for a raid for the other. Higher-star raids won't even show up for people who haven't yet had a certain number of badges. I believe the threshold is 3 badges for 3-star raids, 5 badges for 4-star raids, and 7 badges for 5-star raids, but I can be wrong.

There are other circumstances too, but I can't figure out what they are at the moment.

I completely forgot about Compound Eyes. I went to the Wild Area & it there was thunderstorms so Pikachu spawned at a much higher rate than it did on Route 4. I got the Light Ball after about 7 captures there.

BCVM22

Hello everyone!

I am just wandering if it is possible to catch a Gigantamax pokemon but in its basic form?

I want a gigantamax Corviknight on my team but would ideally like to train it from a Rookidee.

If I catch a Rookidee from the relevant den when a purple light is shining through will it be able to change its gigantamax form later in the game?

Thanks

No. The Gigantamax Pokémon can only be caught as their final evolutions. What you see is what you get.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just got a bottle of red dust from a max raid battle that says “Gigantamax.” What exactly does it do?

Last edited:
I just got a bottle of red dust from a max raid battle that says “Gigantamax.” What exactly does it do?

It's a curry ingredient! When you make a curry with it, you can make a Gigantamax Curry for your character and Pokemon to snack on. To my knowledge, you can only make standard Gigantamax Curry, no things like Sour Gigantamax Curry or Sweet Gigantamax Curry, though someone can correct me on this.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's a curry ingredient! When you make a curry with it, you can make a Gigantamax Curry for your character and Pokemon to snack on. To my knowledge, you can only make standard Gigantamax Curry, no things like Sour Gigantamax Curry or Sweet Gigantamax Curry, though someone can correct me on this.
But does it have the potential to turn your pokémon into gigantamax pokémon if your curry’s a high grade or something?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering how the day/night cycle affects things like evolution and the using dusk balls. From what I've seen, only the Wild Area shows an actual change based on the time on your Switch while the routes and towns have a fixed appearance to them. But if I'm playing at night and I'm on a route that looks like it is day, will my dusk ball not have its max multiplier? And for evolutions, if I wanted Umbreon, would I need to evolve it in the Wild Area at night or could I just evolve it normally when it is night?

Once you beat the champion, the routes and towns will have them too, it's just locked for some reason prior. Just save any poke balls and evolution pokemon until then. I could be wrong but in past games it was time based so if you wait until 8 pm your time, it should work. Also, the friendship aspect. I'm not positive if it's changed or not though.

Chras

Can someone explain if special pokeballs actually have effects for max raid battles? I have thrown so many repeat balls and ultra balls at gigantamax pokemon and the catch rate doesn't seem to be any different between either ball, most of the time breaking out without even shaking once. Either the affects don't play a role or the catch rate is really low...

Amiti

Hey, I notice that some pokemon make additional low-pitched sound after their cries when they are sent into battle. Does anybody know the significance of this? I have checked their stats, ribbons, markings but there doesn't seem to be any difference. I can't find any clue on the internet either.

mbruno

Once you beat the champion, the routes and towns will have them too, it's just locked for some reason prior. Just save any poke balls and evolution pokemon until then. I could be wrong but in past games it was time based so if you wait until 8 pm your time, it should work. Also, the friendship aspect. I'm not positive if it's changed or not though.
Even if you haven't beaten the game yet, time based evolutions will work in the Wild Area when it's the proper time of day.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Anyone know where to find a Lucky Egg? Googling hasn’t given me any results. Also is there a way to check how many EVs my Pokémon have?
the lucky egg is a bit trickey. you gotta deliver food for the chef of the hulbury restauarant for 3 days. each day you get a reward, with the third day being a lucky egg. all 3 deliveries are in hulbury, although it can be tricky to find them. just talk to everyone in town and youll be fine. Also, I had trouble finding one day 3, so if you have trouble just look in the hulbury market. one stand has a green roof.

also your EV's can be checked by pressing X on the stat menu.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hey, I notice that some pokemon make additional low-pitched sound after their cries when they are sent into battle. Does anybody know the significance of this? I have checked their stats, ribbons, markings but there doesn't seem to be any difference. I can't find any clue on the internet either.
By any chance are the Pokemon you are sending out Flying-types or "floaters" such as the Solosis line? They all make that sound when sent out into battle.

bankaiwarrior

i'm wondering how accurate the the den information on the site is. been hunting and i get things that aren't even listed in the den and when i look at that specific den it has pictures of different locations. Nothing in any of the raid sections have said they are different just that each has 2 different draw pulls. ex i am hunting at dusty bowl den15/93 and i have gotten g-Sandaconda and flygon to appear before the listed rhyperior and those aren't even on the list as well as the detail of den 15 has 3 different locations shown.

I'm at the point where i believe i have greatly confused myself or i shouldn't even bother with what the site has for raid info because it is wrong or missing.

BCVM22

the lucky egg is a bit trickey. you gotta deliver food for the chef of the hulbury restauarant for 3 days. each day you get a reward, with the third day being a lucky egg. all 3 deliveries are in hulbury, although it can be tricky to find them. just talk to everyone in town and youll be fine. Also, I had trouble finding one day 3, so if you have trouble just look in the hulbury market. one stand has a green roof.

It doesn’t need to be days. You can do all three consecutively in a matter of minutes.

randompi314

Even if you haven't beaten the game yet, time based evolutions will work in the Wild Area when it's the proper time of day.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you so much for the help! That does seem a bit odd, but at I know it'll change once I beat the game.

DannyDark

i'm wondering how accurate the the den information on the site is. been hunting and i get things that aren't even listed in the den and when i look at that specific den it has pictures of different locations. Nothing in any of the raid sections have said they are different just that each has 2 different draw pulls. ex i am hunting at dusty bowl den15/93 and i have gotten g-Sandaconda and flygon to appear before the listed rhyperior and those aren't even on the list as well as the detail of den 15 has 3 different locations shown.

I'm at the point where i believe i have greatly confused myself or i shouldn't even bother with what the site has for raid info because it is wrong or missing.

If you've gotten G-Sandaconda and Flygon then I can only assume you're actually at Den17/93. In which case, Rhyperior only appears in the Rare/Purple table and so would indeed be a tad rarer to find. Since Den 15/93 has Rhyperior in both and no Flygon at all.. Is it possible you've been confused by the Rare table being listed as the same number and gone to the wrong one? Though I also find the images to be confusing when there's a few in the same area if I'm honest.

Of course it could also be wrong, but I must say I've found everything I've wanted thus far using the table at least!

Son Salo

A question about ev training. Is it generally better to put ev in HP or the corresponding defensive stat? I mean this in the general sense where those two stats are almost equals and not specifically being a specfic kind of wall. I want Duruladon to survive special hits easier.