• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Chras

Do special pokeballs such as a repeat ball work in max raid battles? I've used repeat balls and nest balls and gigantamax pokemon break out way too often without the ball even shaking once. Does a repeat ball not work as it would during a normal wild encounter? Ultra balls aren't reliable either.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
A question about ev training. Is it generally better to put ev in HP or the corresponding defensive stat? I mean this in the general sense where those two stats are almost equals and not specifically being a specfic kind of wall. I want Duruladon to survive special hits easier.

Effort Points depends on the species, and you go for whichever is the lower one. If they're close together though, you put it into both stats. For Duraludon, its HP is 70 and Special Defense is 50, so I'd definitely say to put a bunch into Special Defense. How much, I don't know, as calculating it is long and tiresome and I don't have the formulas at hand.

Do special pokeballs such as a repeat ball work in max raid battles? I've used repeat balls and nest balls and gigantamax pokemon break out way too often without the ball even shaking once. Does a repeat ball not work as it would during a normal wild encounter? Ultra balls aren't reliable either.

Based on my experiences, they do have better odds, but not by much. A small number multiplied by 3.5 is still a small number.

R_N

What am I missing about evolving Inkay

I have it in handheld mode and I've burned through like 4 rare candies trying to figure it out. I tried holding it upsidedown after it got the level, had it upsidedown as the level was going through, tried turning it as the level was going up, I even made sure the gyroscope controls were on
none of this is evolving it

DannyDark

What am I missing about evolving Inkay

I have it in handheld mode and I've burned through like 4 rare candies trying to figure it out. I tried holding it upsidedown after it got the level, had it upsidedown as the level was going through, tried turning it as the level was going up, I even made sure the gyroscope controls were on
none of this is evolving it

I hate to ask and seem obvious.. but have you held it upside down, then start the rare candy process?
As in..

1. Hold the Switch, in handheld, upside down. (Give it a couple of seconds to make sure)
2. Be in the item menu, press A on the Rare Candy and go through the process of giving it to Inkay.

Sorry it's not much more help, I'm assuming all else is correct, level 30 and such? All I can really say is do the process more slow and deliberate, upside down > rare candy.

R_N

I hate to ask and seem obvious.. but have you held it upside down, then start the rare candy process?
As in..

1. Hold the Switch, in handheld, upside down. (Give it a couple of seconds to make sure)
2. Be in the item menu, press A on the Rare Candy and go through the process of giving it to Inkay.

Sorry it's not much more help, I'm assuming all else is correct, level 30 and such? All I can really say is do the process more slow and deliberate, upside down > rare candy.
Yeah that was another try I had, just having it upsidedown the entire time. It was more of an ordeal than you'd think. It's in the 40s now

there's only one thing I can think of that's I still had the pro controller connected despite having the joycons attached and being used while flipping the thing. I guess that'll be my next try

Blunted247408

Lf lotad, roserade, shedinja, hitmontop, dusknoir, Machamp, Gengar, feebas, wishiwashi, pyukumuku, gigalith, jolteon, espeon, umbreon, leafeon, sylveon, appletun, slurpuff, spritzee, sirfetchd, chinchou, croagunk, corsola, throh, cleffa, cottone, Rhyperior, gothita, solosis, karrablast, shelmet, vullaby, weavile, sableye, mawile, runerigus, rapidash, trevenant, oranguru, passimian, drampa, turtonator, pincurchin, lunatone, stonjourner, dracozolt, dracovish, arctovish, Deino, Zamazenta. I just need them to complete my pokede

R_N

As in..

OK so replying to this again so it's better flagged: I really think the issue was I still had my pro controller connected despite not actually using it for the purposes of the evolution

After srestarting the console, leaving the controller off, and doing it again (turning it over before comitting to an item again) it evolved instantly.

SlinkMink

The slinkiest Mink
Ok so the recent update on the main site showed all the shiny versions of all available pokemon in the game currently. It excluded any pokemon requiring Home transfers like starters from previous generations not yet in the game. Yet it shows the Pink/West versions of both shellos and gastrodon.

My question is this: Where the hell did someone get a pink shellos/gastrodon and can we get that information updated on the main site?

Ok so the recent update on the main site showed all the shiny versions of all available pokemon in the game currently. It excluded any pokemon requiring Home transfers like starters from previous generations not yet in the game. Yet it shows the Pink/West versions of both shellos and gastrodon.

My question is this: Where the hell did someone get a pink shellos/gastrodon and can we get that information updated on the main site?

Maybe through hacking? People have already hacked the game to do things like remove Shiny restrictions and try to mess with the Zacian/Zamazenta encounter at the start of the game, so they likely hacked in West Shellos and Gastrodon. To my knowledge, the only way to get West Shellos and Gastrodon legitimately is by transferring one though Pokemon HOME or trading with someone who transferred one into their own game, and the app isn't out yet.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Are the gift Pikachu and Eevee that can Gigantamax by having a Let's GO save file in the Switch shiny locked?

SlinkMink

The slinkiest Mink
Maybe through hacking? People have already hacked the game to do things like remove Shiny restrictions and try to mess with the Zacian/Zamazenta encounter at the start of the game, so they likely hacked in West Shellos and Gastrodon. To my knowledge, the only way to get West Shellos and Gastrodon legitimately is by transferring one though Pokemon HOME or trading with someone who transferred one into their own game, and the app isn't out yet.

Im just surprised one hacked shiny is on the main site but not the rest, so Im holding out hope theres still a chance its legit until we can get confirmation on it ^^; Yorue right though thats the most likely answer

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Does anyone know how to get the non galarian versions of Galarian Pokemon? I read somewhere that by giving them an everstone and breeding with ditto you could get them but I tried and it didn't work at all... I received a regular yamask from wonder trade so I know it's possible somehow...

Are the gift Pikachu and Eevee that can Gigantamax by having a Let's GO save file in the Switch shiny locked?

Yes, they're confirmed Shiny locked, unfortunately.

Does anyone know how to get the non galarian versions of Galarian Pokemon? I read somewhere that by giving them an everstone and breeding with ditto you could get them but I tried and it didn't work at all... I received a regular yamask from wonder trade so I know it's possible somehow...

There's three in-game trades that gives you regular variants.

There's a trade in Turrfield that gives you a Kantonian Meowth. There's also a Mystery Gift that gives you a Gigantamax Kantonian Meowth as an alternative, but it doesn't evolve.
In Ballonlea, you can trade for an Unovan Yamask.
And in Spikemuth, someone will trade you a Kantonian Mr. Mime.

You just have to give the traders the respective Galarian counterparts, with the exception of Mr. Mime that requires Obstagoon. Otherwise, for things like regular Corsola and Alola Ninetales, you'll have to wait for Pokemon HOME to come out and transfer them into the new games. Fortunately, if you need a Cofagrigus or Persian for filling out your Dex, well, there you go!

aerial_ace

Is anybody else having problems with the game this morning ?? I can't use flying taxi at all when i go to the menu the option is not there ??

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is anybody else having problems with the game this morning ?? I can't use flying taxi at all when i go to the menu the option is not there ??
I believe it's a feature accessible on the Town Map from the menu. Pretty sure you have to attend the Gym Ceremony at Motostoke before you access Flying Taxi.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Does anyone know at how many stars of difficulty in raid battles should I stop using an ordinary pokeball?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Does anyone know at how many stars of difficulty in raid battles should I stop using an ordinary pokeball?
Catching ultimately boils down to luck but generally you want to start to use more advanced Poke Balls for Raids featuring evolved Pokémon, especially the G-Max Pokemon.