• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it possible to encounter Gigantamax pokémon like Kingler, Grimmsnarl, or Garbodor before getting all 8 badges?

I know they’re incredibly rare, but I currently have 3 badges and I was hoping to hunt for one after getting f5 or 7

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What?! You can now let egg moves pass from one parent to another!?

Indeed, you can. The parents both have to be the same species, however, and the Egg Move will come up at the bottom. If the recipient already has four moves, it'll bump the other moves up by one slot and remove the topmost move.

I'm guessing the point of this, in addition to convenience in not having to raise another Pokémon from scratch, is to allow your Gigantamax Pokémon to have whateevr Egg Moves you want, considering there's no known way to breed down Gigantamax.

Is it possible to encounter Gigantamax pokémon like Kingler, Grimmsnarl, or Garbodor before getting all 8 badges?

I know they’re incredibly rare, but I currently have 3 badges and I was hoping to hunt for one after getting f5 or 7

To my knowledge, yes, but you'll have to be at it for quite a while. I've seen Gigantamax Pokémon show up as low as 2 stars, but the more of the game you go through, the likelier you'll have a Gigantamax den. That being said, I have never been able to get a den that isn't Butterfree, Corviknight, Centiskorch, however, and I've only come across Sandaconda once.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I wonder if there is some kind of variable that let's you get mostly a specific Gigantamaxed pokemon as I seem to mainly find giga sandaconda most of the time and it's getting annoying...

Racermannen

I was encountering a bunch of Zigzagoon's on route 2 over and over again, and since they have a 2% encounter rate i got curious. I asked about this here earlier, and someone replied saying that if you stand still and crouch after knocking a Pokemon out the same Pokemon had a high chance of appearing again. This seems to work sometimes, but not other times. Does anyone know the mechanics of what I'm describing?

BCVM22

The people you're responding to asked these questions two weeks ago. One hopes they've found their answers by this point. You can help more people by answering recent questions.

This seems to work sometimes, but not other times. Does anyone know the mechanics of what I'm describing?

One of Serebii's game pages (though I can't find which) documents that encountering the lowest encounter rate Pokémon in a given area slightly increases the chances of more of them appearing in the short term. I've not read anything about it being tied to crouching, only that crouching lessens the number of rustling grass patches that appear.

Last edited:

Racermannen

The people you're responding to asked these questions two weeks ago. One hopes they've found their answers by this point. You can help more people by answering recent questions.

One of Serebii's game pages (though I can't find which) documents that encountering the lowest encounter rate Pokémon in a given area slightly increases the chances of more of them appearing in the short term. I've not read anything about it being tied to crouching, only that crouching lessens the number of rustling grass patches that appear.
Found the page! It was on "Increased spawns". Thank you!

Jouralto

I tried that, they produced 2 eggs but my Leopard is not learning Yawn from
Hippopotas
Serebii Sw/Sh Breeding Page said:
If both Pokémon are of the exact same species (evolutions do not count) and are in the day care centre, and if one of the parents has an egg move, it can be passed.
You have to put two Liepards into Nursery to pass the egg move over. Otherwise you'll need to breed one into a Purrloin, evolve it to Liepard, then pass it across.

Separate inquiry of my own, is Stunfisk showing HA available an oversight? Fairly certain we can't get Unovan Stunfisk yet but I wanted to make sure.

Kingudora

My favourite
I tried that, they produced 2 eggs but my Leopard is not learning Yawn from
Hippopotas
For what you are trying to do, it only works if both are of the same species. I.e. from one Liepard to another Liepard.

I wonder if there is some kind of variable that let's you get mostly a specific Gigantamaxed pokemon as I seem to mainly find giga sandaconda most of the time and it's getting annoying...
If you are playing Sword, then there's currently a higher chance of finding Gigantamax Butterfree, Drednaw and Sandaconda. Check here for details.

Gold Starz

Is it possible to get HA!Meowstic? It's not labeled as Not Available on the site, but Espurr is for some reason. I'd just like some clarification.

Jouralto

Is it possible to get HA!Meowstic? It's not labeled as Not Available on the site, but Espurr is for some reason. I'd just like some clarification.
Meowstic only appears in Den 2, and only with its standard abilities. So, HA Meowstic is Not Available.

Stone Dragon

When I beat 500 of the same PKMN for higher shiny rate, can I just run away from then at this point or is it better to keep battling them?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Any good ideas for an Orbeetle set? My team is pretty good but Orbeetle is the Pokemon I use the least. He has Sticky Webs and Bug Buzz is great at taking down those annoying Umbreon Substitute sets but I feel like he can do more than that. Not sure what else to do to be honest. Any fun Orbeetle sets? Heard Hypnosis+Blunder Policy is pretty fun. Thinking about Weakness Policy+Agility+Stored Power.

When I beat 500 of the same PKMN for higher shiny rate, can I just run away from then at this point or is it better to keep battling them?

Running away just works. The odds remain constant based on your total battled no matter what, so once you reach 500 it doesn't affect your Shiny chances if you flee or faint your target unless you're hoping to keep up a chain to have a Brilliant Pokemon also shine for the guaranteed IVs and Egg Move. For example, if you run away from a Rookidee, you'll still have the same 1/512 odds at 500+ battled with Shiny Charm with the next Rookidee as if you fainted the last one.

Nordlo

Hey guys, here's a quite specific question: does anyone knows if Weavile can get its hidden ability in Max Raids? I know it's listed as if, however I've encounter a ton of Weavile and none of them and it. Is it just bad luck?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Any suggestions on how to make sure Tyrogue evolves into a Hitmontop?

It's currently at level 15, it has a Rash nature, & it's Attack and Defense are currently equal. I've been feeding it candies to see it it'll keep its stats stabilized, but now whenever it levels up it's Attack gets +1 and its Defense gets +0.

I just got to Hammerlocke & I only have 3 badges, so I can't get vitamins or the power items even if I wanted to. What should I do?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Any suggestions on how to make sure Tyrogue evolves into a Hitmontop?

It's currently at level 15, it has a Rash nature, & it's Attack and Defense are currently equal. I've been feeding it candies to see it it'll keep its stats stabilized, but now whenever it levels up it's Attack gets +1 and its Defense gets +0.

I just got to Hammerlocke & I only have 3 badges, so I can't get vitamins or the power items even if I wanted to. What should I do?
Battle the wild Rolycoly on Route 3, they give out Defense EVs when defeated. Hopefully you can defeat enough to stabilise your Tyrogue's Attack and Defense stats.