• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Nacreous

Fire trainer
How soon can I get Togepi?I defeated the second gym.Am I close to finding any?

Also,Dreepy...is it really late in the game?

Kingudora

My favourite

You can get wild Togepi after the third gym. Though mind you that they are quite rare (2% in its habitat) and also only appear during certain weather. I'd recommend looking up its location details properly.

You can find Togepi earlier however in Max Raid battles.

Wild Dreepy are late in the game, you have to be able to catch pokémon above lv 50 since they are above that level. Once again though, they can be found earlier in Max Raid battles.

Bryroxdey

At the moment, it's pretty easy to get Dreepy by using the Random Trade feature. I think Dreepy is actually the most common Random Trade pokemon at the moment.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Is it just me or do items respawn in the wild areas? The cooking items might respawn but i keep finding the mushrooms to sell. Is it just because there are so many items in the large areas the i can easily miss?

Do the poke jobs let you chose any type of Pokemon for the task? They have suggestions but do they say it's required that the Pokemon have those traits?

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
At the moment, it's pretty easy to get Dreepy by using the Random Trade feature. I think Dreepy is actually the most common Random Trade pokemon at the moment.
Damn it!It's so annoying that you have to pay to be able to trade and battle.I mean,I'm not much of a competitive battler and I just like to trade once in a while for some random pokemon I want to get.

Kingudora

My favourite
Is it just me or do items respawn in the wild areas? The cooking items might respawn but i keep finding the mushrooms to sell. Is it just because there are so many items in the large areas the i can easily miss?

Do the poke jobs let you chose any type of Pokemon for the task? They have suggestions but do they say it's required that the Pokemon have those traits?
There are all kinds of respawning items in the wild area, from poké balls to fossils and even evolutionary stones. They do have different respawn times/rates however, some appear daily while others may take a while before reappearing.

Silverblade888

i am new to this game, just want to ask a simple question.
in order to get the good traits and abilities, i have catch a lot of same pokemon ie : magikarps.
what should i do with my tons of 'bad' magikarp inside my boxes ?
should i release them all back ? or got anyway to grind them usefully.

thanks in adv

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
i am new to this game, just want to ask a simple question.
in order to get the good traits and abilities, i have catch a lot of same pokemon ie : magikarps.
what should i do with my tons of 'bad' magikarp inside my boxes ?
should i release them all back ? or got anyway to grind them usefully.

thanks in adv
I'm a bit unclear on the question. That is what makes you think you have to catch a ton to get the good traits and abilities? In this game you can only catch pokemon with hidden abilities through max raid battles, and traits (i.e. natures and IVs) can be altered via mints and hyper training respectively. So for Magikarp for instance, unless you want a Gyarados with Moxie, all you really need to do is catch one and raise it to level 100 and it can become whatever you want it to be as a Gyarados. Course it may indeed be faster to breed for one with already perfect IVs and the right nature.

And unless the pokemon is hard to get and thus would be useful to other players, why not just release any excess you catch or breed?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
There are all kinds of respawning items in the wild area, from poké balls to fossils and even evolutionary stones. They do have different respawn times/rates however, some appear daily while others may take a while before reappearing.

Thank you for the reply, I'm so used to the old system where items don't respawn after you pick them up. I pretty much cleared the areas and still kept finding them...

I didnt setup the internet functions on the switch yet ie Nintendo ID, too busy getting the save file to a functional condition regarding caught Pokemon. Is there anything aside from internet connection and the ID I need?

The Lebiste

Is there a way to contact people you've traded with in the past? I traded with someone via link trade and had a little problem. I've got their trainer card but it only gives the ID and other information that doesn't really seem to help.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

One thing to add is that this is specific to the Wild Area. Items found in the overworld don't respawn outside of it.

You can pick any Pokémon you want, but picking the ones intended (usually based on type, but later ones have non-type requirements too) will yield more EXP and is more likely to get you a good item. If you're not sure what to pick, Normal-types are all-around Pokémon, able to accomplish any job but they won't yield the maximum EXP.

Damn it!It's so annoying that you have to pay to be able to trade and battle.I mean,I'm not much of a competitive battler and I just like to trade once in a while for some random pokemon I want to get.

To pay? Do you mean Nintendo Switch Online? Is this the only Switch game you have that goes online?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just used a Naughty Mint on my Impidimp but it's nature is still Docile. Isn't a pokémon's nature supposed to change immediately after using a mint?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The nature doesn't change. Just the affected stats do.
So if a pokémon with a Quirky nature was given an Adamant mint, will they act as if they have an Adamant nature even though their nature is still listed as Quirky?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Indeed. If you have it hold an Everstone while breeding, it will produce offspring with a Quirky nature, and if it has Synchronize, will generate wild Pokémon with a Quirky nature.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Huh, that kind of makes mints less like the god-tier items everyone & their Aunt Trixie was hyping them up to be -_-

nel3

Crimson Dragon
One thing to add is that this is specific to the Wild Area. Items found in the overworld don't respawn outside of it.

You can pick any Pokémon you want, but picking the ones intended (usually based on type, but later ones have non-type requirements too) will yield more EXP and is more likely to get you a good item. If you're not sure what to pick, Normal-types are all-around Pokémon, able to accomplish any job but they won't yield the maximum EXP.

To pay? Do you mean Nintendo Switch Online? Is this the only Switch game you have that goes online?

thank you for the reply, the re-spawning items in the wild will help to raise some items to sell. im 2 days away from beating the finals round due to raising a few team members. i can complete it today if i wanted to but i want my Lucario to be on the team ( SPA EV pokejob). i did have a flower themed job so i chose plant types but not all did so well. it helps to raise EXP even if its not as effective, the final gift isnt that important. i dont have too many pokemon stored in the boxes maybe 4-5 boxes full of them. mostly some breeding projects to raise nature synchronizing pokemon and some decent iv/nature team members.

the money thing was just a misunderstanding i had over a previous post in this thread. though i do have 3 games: Sword, Pokken and Super smash. i dont know what the specifics may be with the online features.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
thank you for the reply, the re-spawning items in the wild will help to raise some items to sell. im 2 days away from beating the finals round due to raising a few team members. i can complete it today if i wanted to but i want my Lucario to be on the team ( SPA EV pokejob). i did have a flower themed job so i chose plant types but not all did so well. it helps to raise EXP even if its not as effective, the final gift isnt that important. i dont have too many pokemon stored in the boxes maybe 4-5 boxes full of them. mostly some breeding projects to raise nature synchronizing pokemon and some decent iv/nature team members.

the money thing was just a misunderstanding i had over a previous post in this thread. though i do have 3 games: Sword, Pokken and Super smash. i dont know what the specifics may be with the online features.

It depends on the Poké Job's description. Most will give you a hint to what type to use, though some are unclear. (For instance, there is one that asks for intimidating Pokémon. That might sound like Pokémon with Intimidiate, but it really refers to Dark-type Pokémon.)

All three of your Switch games can go online and have a strong online component to them. You pay the same amount if you're playing 1 game online or if you're playing 100. (That, and you get Tetris 99 with Nintendo Switch Online, which I think is my 3rd most-played game, but I do enjoy Tetris.)

Nacreous

Fire trainer

I just got the Switch...for free(Black Friday thing) and picked up Sword.New to it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Is there a specific location for the Dynamax Snorlax?

I got the "Wild Area News" but that didn't mention anything