• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I just got the Switch...for free(Black Friday thing) and picked up Sword.New to it.

That's fine. I just see people speaking like as if the Nintendo Switch Online service is specific to Pokémon Sword and Shield (stuff like "I gotta pay $20 a year just to trade and battle").

I got the Switch at launch though, so over time, the number of games I got that use Nintendo Switch Online in some capacity is around 25.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It depends on the Poké Job's description. Most will give you a hint to what type to use, though some are unclear. (For instance, there is one that asks for intimidating Pokémon. That might sound like Pokémon with Intimidiate, but it really refers to Dark-type Pokémon.)

All three of your Switch games can go online and have a strong online component to them. You pay the same amount if you're playing 1 game online or if you're playing 100. (That, and you get Tetris 99 with Nintendo Switch Online, which I think is my 3rd most-played game, but I do enjoy Tetris.)

thank you for the reply, so you do pay to get online features then.

is it just me or anytime you leave a boutique or hair salon the game saves automatically? i saved the game before testing out a few looks, burned thru 60k testing things. i shut off the game and restarted it, all the tests i did and lost money was still there... i miss the gen6-7 games for their non auto save functions in this aspect.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
thank you for the reply, so you do pay to get online features then.

is it just me or anytime you leave a boutique or hair salon the game saves automatically? i saved the game before testing out a few looks, burned thru 60k testing things. i shut off the game and restarted it, all the tests i did and lost money was still there... i miss the gen6-7 games for their non auto save functions in this aspect.

You can disable autosave from options

nel3

Crimson Dragon

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello
I’m having trouble using the online features. Whenever I try to raid or trade I get the error code 2-ALZBA-0047.
I’ve searched online and found a lot of people had the same problem but I couldn’t find a solution.
My internet is fine since I tried playing Splatoon and I didn’t have any problems.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
And this always comes up, no matter how often you keep trying or when you do it? Does it happen as soon as you try to get online?
I connect to the internet and as soon as I try to raid or trade this pops up.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I connect to the internet and as soon as I try to raid or trade this pops up.

Looking at this link, I see what you mean now. This is more of an issue with the Y-Comm. The game notifies you of when a Max Raid Battle or a trade has begun but not when it's closed or finished. The Max Raid Battles you were trying to join had already finished recruiting or has already ended, and the trades you did where this error came up meant your trading partner had already left.

All you have to do is refresh your stamps on the Y-Comm. To do that, either press + on the Y-Comm screen to go back offline and press + again to go online; or, my preferred method, select "Swap Cards," then "Link Code," then enter in a random 4-digit code. I recommend ones starting with a number between 3 and 8. Check the Y-Comm every few seconds, and you should get more stamps or a prompt to press X to load more. These ones will be more current, and you can join the raid or trade. Once there's one you want to join, enter it, and the game will ask you if you want to cancel swapping cards. Select yes, and you should be able to join.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Thanks for your help so far, But I tried and it didn't fix the problem. I have the same problem for surprise trading. When I select the pokemon I get the same message, So I doubt thats whats happening for me.

Bryroxdey

I have a breeding question. I have an HA Sinistea and a Sinistea in a moon ball. Since they are genderless there's no way to breed them to get an HA Sinistea in a moon ball, correct?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I have a breeding question. I have an HA Sinistea and a Sinistea in a moon ball. Since they are genderless there's no way to breed them to get an HA Sinistea in a moon ball, correct?
Sadly, yes. You need to catch a HA Sinistea in a Moon Ball if you want to breed that combination.