• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ghost94

Ghost94

Does it matter what level my Pokémon is when I EV train them?
No, you can EV train your Pokémon on level 1 with vitamins if you want.
Yeah, you just may need to use the EV Berry’s first to clear out the stats you don’t want to boost. And besides, your Pokémon’s stats won’t fully reflect the EV training until they’re on level 100 anyway.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Do items like power belt (increases Def but lowers speed after battles) work if you use exp candy to level up?

No, Effort Points from EXP are applied only when that EXP was gained from defeat or capture of an opposing Pokémon. EXP Candies, like Rare Candies, provide EXP without Effort Points.

Does it matter what level my Pokémon is when I EV train them?

If you're new to EV-training, I would recommend the level that you obtained that Pokémon at. EV-training starts the moment the Pokémon gains EXP at the end of a battle, whether you wanted to start EV-training or not.

I have a Steelix with the Rock Head ability (Protects from recoil), and the Steelix has Steel Beam,but still receives recoil dmg from it. Anyone know why?

DSDark

Breeder
I have a Steelix with the Rock Head ability (Protects from recoil), and the Steelix has Steel Beam,but still receives recoil dmg from it. Anyone know why?

I would assume

Ghost94

According to Smogon only Magic Guard prevents recoil from Steel Beam.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Some time ago, I was attempting to raise the happiness of Type: Null to evolve it into Silvally. I kept track of it by seeing the maximum amount of EV-reducing berries I needed. When I first checked, I was able to feed it up to 12 Qualot Berries (though I didn't). I traveled about the Wild Area to collect Watts while having it hold a Soothe Bell and saw it eventually went down to 7. So I just spent some time at Camp, and the number increased to 25. As it seems, the more times I started up Camp, the more the maximum went until it reached 65, the number of Qualot Berries I had at the time. I tried other, non-berry, non-level-up means of increasing happiness, but everything was causing the maximum number of berries allowed to increase.

Anyone know what was going on here? Why was its happiness plummeting? Or was I on the wrong track by checking the maximum number of Qualot Berries it could take?

Players seemed to have found a fix for this, they randomly remove one Pokémon from their party. Check out this reddit page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwo..._medium=Search&utm_name=Bing&utm_content=PSR1

Thanks--I run into that error every now and then, though I just try again at a later time. Didn't realize it was a glitch from having certain Pokémon in your party (or certain combinations thereof).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Is there any logic to max raid battles in-game? I get that online one are a free for all but I've done 15 today in game. I've noticed when the shield is up some attacks still bypass it and go for their base hp and it's not consistent at times. Do OHKO moves work, infiltrator and destiny bond on your Pokemon? It would be a nice trick to end it fast.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Is there any logic to max raid battles in-game? I get that online one are a free for all but I've done 15 today in game. I've noticed when the shield is up some attacks still bypass it and go for their base hp and it's not consistent at times. Do OHKO moves work, infiltrator and destiny bond on your Pokemon? It would be a nice trick to end it fast.
Destiny Bond has no effect in Max Raid Battles but OHKO moves appear to be fair game. Don’t whether Infiltrator can ignore the barriers (damage-wise) higher ranking Max Raid Pokemon can create.