• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Destiny Bond has no effect in Max Raid Battles but OHKO moves appear to be fair game. Don’t whether Infiltrator can ignore the barriers (damage-wise) higher ranking Max Raid Pokemon can create.

thank you for the reply, OHKO is down to luck based at that point. infiltrator may have some merit, my Gardevoir traced that ability and it seems like very little damage was done to the barrier and most of it went to the base HP. i could try and get an infiltrator pokemon and test it out a bit more but ive had other abilities where the moves did more base HP damage than the barrier received...

Is there any other way to gain bp than just the battle tower? i dont have a perfect IV bred team but they do have proper EV training for the most part ie 3/6 are good. the rest are random EVs with the playthru. i have Flygon, Gardevoir gastrodon, Lucario, bellosom and ninetails. id usually have a bulky attack Arcanine but i havent come across a growlithe yet.

i got to the beginner level doubles but Leon's just has too many type coverages and moves form my usual team. i know that i got a few too many common weaknesses running the team but im fine with that. the problem comes from Leon's choice of pokemon. im going to have to get an Arcanine as aegislash and rillaboom would love that, maybe even rock types ie close combat.

what teams did everyone else use to get past him in the final challenge in battle tower? im rather picky about my pokemon choices but it looks like i will need to try some pokemon i dont usually chose to put on my team to clear this hurdle. i only have 12bp won so far and its insufficient to get any other power training items after a destiny knot. doing the EV training without items is a pain in the butt to go 2 ev at a time or wait 3 days with pokejobs.....

i nearly won the battle with my team with toxic on rillaboom but got both KO'd that turn and Lucario was outsped by fire move giant charizard next turn...

im looking at mimikyu so far for its disguise ability

EDIT: i just used the rain team to smash him but i still want to get some team members bred of my own to deal with him.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Destiny Bond has no effect in Max Raid Battles but OHKO moves appear to be fair game. Don’t whether Infiltrator can ignore the barriers (damage-wise) higher ranking Max Raid Pokemon can create.

More specifically, OHKO moves work, but they don't knock out the Max Raid Pokémon. Instead, they deal a lot of damage, or if the barrier is up, will remove 2 segments of the barrier (and are the only moves I know of that can do that besides Max and G-Max Moves).

thank you for the reply, OHKO is down to luck based at that point. infiltrator may have some merit, my Gardevoir traced that ability and it seems like very little damage was done to the barrier and most of it went to the base HP. i could try and get an infiltrator pokemon and test it out a bit more but ive had other abilities where the moves did more base HP damage than the barrier received...

Is there any other way to gain bp than just the battle tower? i dont have a perfect IV bred team but they do have proper EV training for the most part ie 3/6 are good. the rest are random EVs with the playthru. i have Flygon, Gardevoir gastrodon, Lucario, bellosom and ninetails. id usually have a bulky attack Arcanine but i havent come across a growlithe yet.

i got to the beginner level doubles but Leon's just has too many type coverages and moves form my usual team. i know that i got a few too many common weaknesses running the team but im fine with that. the problem comes from Leon's choice of pokemon. im going to have to get an Arcanine as aegislash and rillaboom would love that, maybe even rock types ie close combat.

what teams did everyone else use to get past him in the final challenge in battle tower? im rather picky about my pokemon choices but it looks like i will need to try some pokemon i dont usually chose to put on my team to clear this hurdle. i only have 12bp won so far and its insufficient to get any other power training items after a destiny knot. doing the EV training without items is a pain in the butt to go 2 ev at a time or wait 3 days with pokejobs.....

i nearly won the battle with my team with toxic on rillaboom but got both KO'd that turn and Lucario was outsped by fire move giant charizard next turn...

EDIT: i just used the rain team to smash him but i still want to get some team members bred of my own to deal with him.

I used the rental team with Mimikyu in it. It seems you've realized it yourself, but the rental teams are actually very good at dealing with the AI opponents in the Battle Tower. Leon's Libero Cinderace can still be an issue though.

Getting BP will be quite slow after clearing Leon's final challenge though.

Ghost94

A trick for EV training is to farm Watts in the Wild Area then purchase Luxury Balls from one of the Watt Traders and proceed to sell them in one of the Pokémon Centers. Then taxi to Wydon’s main Pokémon Center and buy vitamins, it’ll cost $530,000 to buy the 53 vitamins to fully EV train a Pokémon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
More specifically, OHKO moves work, but they don't knock out the Max Raid Pokémon. Instead, they deal a lot of damage, or if the barrier is up, will remove 2 segments of the barrier (and are the only moves I know of that can do that besides Max and G-Max Moves).

I used the rental team with Mimikyu in it. It seems you've realized it yourself, but the rental teams are actually very good at dealing with the AI opponents in the Battle Tower. Leon's Libero Cinderace can still be an issue though.

Getting BP will be quite slow after clearing Leon's final challenge though.

Tchhh, and there goes an easy KO out the door (LOL). i guess they dont make it that easy.

i tried the tough team but they weren't fast enough. Charizard and max airstream is really OP if you dont OHKO on your first hit. cinderace does have some good coverage. it wasnt a cakewalk but it was tense when max water attack had to OHKO his Charizard. it thankfully did but it wouldve ended in defest if it survived. i guess the rental teams are good for most of the Leon battles? i do hope it works well later on. i can see the AI is evil also in the normal battles, my Lucario knows dark pulse and that was the only effective move i selected on the 4 pokemon to deal with shedinja. Lucario survived to KO it. the yawning BS from bulky pokemon is strong in this game...

A trick for EV training is to farm Watts in the Wild Area then purchase Luxury Balls from one of the Watt Traders and proceed to sell them in one of the Pokémon Centers. Then taxi to Wydon’s main Pokémon Center and buy vitamins, it’ll cost $530,000 to buy the 53 vitamins to fully EV train a Pokémon.

i dont usually use this trick to raise money but if 50w is all that is needed to get a profit then i'll do it. i went thru many watts yesterday buying up TRs but i did save some for this trick. between the item pickups and the reselling i got 300k from it.

i actually got rather lucky today, came across pokerus while catching bunnelby for the pick up ability. nurse Joy said something about it and i passed it onto a pokemon to store in the box.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Is it just me, or does it seem to take 6 EVs on the third leftover stat instead of 4 to completely max out a Pokemon's EV after two of their stats are maxed out (as indicated on their states screen when their respective maxed stats sparkles).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Is it just me, or does it seem to take 6 EVs on the third leftover stat instead of 4 to completely max out a Pokemon's EV after two of their stats are maxed out (as indicated on their states screen when their respective maxed stats sparkles).

correct, you have 510 EVs to assign, 252+252+4=508. that leaves 2 more EVs that you can randomly assign as they wont add any stats due to the 4 point allocation required to boost a stat.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Are the stadiums in Battle Spot always fought at night? No matter when in the day I play, it always seems to be nighttime in them.

Cor Petit

King killer
By having a 10% apparition ratio, is it ok to try to make a +25 chain Phantump at Glimwood Tangle? It will work to find them more often, or i'll be wasting time?

shadowF

I would like to get a G-Max Corviknight in my main team before challenging the elite four. How can I improve my chances of finding a G-Max Corviknight in Pokemon Sword specifically?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Does the pokerus get cured in gan8 or does it stay? I have a slight issue that will occur later on. My gardevoir had a weird ev spread that puts it into 5 stats. How many ev points do the power items give in gen 8? I haven't yet gotten the perfect I've gathered but I will rebreed gardevoir from the friend ball variant, currently using a nest ball one that requires bottle caps.

I'm also gonna use the gigantamax meowth with luck incense, gonna get 30k per gigantamax payday attack :).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Does the pokerus get cured in gan8 or does it stay? I have a slight issue that will occur later on. My gardevoir had a weird ev spread that puts it into 5 stats. How many ev points do the power items give in gen 8? I haven't yet gotten the perfect I've gathered but I will rebreed gardevoir from the friend ball variant, currently using a nest ball one that requires bottle caps.

I'm also gonna use the gigantamax meowth with luck incense, gonna get 30k per gigantamax payday attack :).
As with all games Pokerus will eventually reach a “cured” state where it cannot be pass to other Pokémon. As for the Power Items they add 8 EVs for the corresponding stat (eg: 8 Speed EVs for the Power Anklet).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
As with all games Pokerus will eventually reach a “cured” state where it cannot be pass to other Pokémon. As for the Power Items they add 8 EVs for the corresponding stat (eg: 8 Speed EVs for the Power Anklet).

Thank you very much, that makes the calculations easy. I forgot the 8ev gains in the game or atleast in gen7, i wasnt sure if it went by gen6 or genu stats.

Ghost94

I would like to get a G-Max Corviknight in my main team before challenging the elite four. How can I improve my chances of finding a G-Max Corviknight in Pokemon Sword specifically?
If you go to an active Pokémon den in the Wild Area then select “invite others” and immediately quit then open up your Y Comm menu the stamps will be more likely to refresh. Keep repeating this process until you see a G-Max Corviknight silhouette and join the game. Alternatively you can always just trade for one.

There’s also an exploit that can help you find one, here’s a tutorial on it:

And here’s a list of the den locations:
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattledens.shtml

shadowF

If you go to an active Pokémon den in the Wild Area then select “invite others” and immediately quit then open up your Y Comm menu the stamps will be more likely to refresh. Keep repeating this process until you see a G-Max Corviknight silhouette and join the game. Alternatively you can always just trade for one.

There’s also an exploit that can help you find one, here’s a tutorial on it:

And here’s a list of the den locations:
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattledens.shtml

Is G-Max Corviknight more common in Shield or is it just for the month of December for the event they are hosting?

Ghost94

Is G-Max Corviknight more common in Shield or is it just for the month of December for the event they are hosting?
The following G-Max Pokémon are currently appearing at increased rates due to the ongoing event.

Butterfree
Snorlax
Sandaconda (Event exclusive to Sword)
Drednaw (Event exclusive to Sword)
Centiskorch (Event exclusive to Shield)
Corviknight (Event exclusive to Shield)

shadowF

The following G-Max Pokémon are currently appearing at increased rates due to the ongoing event.

Butterfree
Snorlax
Sandaconda (Event exclusive to Sword)
Drednaw (Event exclusive to Sword)
Centiskorch (Event exclusive to Shield)
Corviknight (Event exclusive to Shield)

Oh ok, so it's only for the event. Thanks for clearing it up! I was scared I wouldnt be able to find G-Max Corviknight easily in Sword.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Or if you prefer to do it the traditional way, check the Y-Comm a lot for stamps and join someone else's Gigantamax Corviknight raid. You will likely have to spend a while at it with either method, however, because of the Gigantamax Pokémon's low catch rates.

Thank you very much, that makes the calculations easy. I forgot the 8ev gains in the game or atleast in gen7, i wasnt sure if it went by gen6 or genu stats.

Since you were asking about the Pokérus, the Power Item points are added before the Pokérus doubles it. Hence, with the Pokérus, the Power Items provide 16 additonal points.

Say you equip a Power Anklet to a Pokémon with the Pokérus. Defeating a wild Dreepy will yield 18 points in Speed. Defeating a wild Drakloak will yield 20 points, and defeating a wild Dragapult will yield 22 points. (I do not recommend this line though, since they're rare.)

Ghost94

Oh ok, so it's only for the event. Thanks for clearing it up! I was scared I wouldnt be able to find G-Max Corviknight easily in Sword.
Well you can’t, its much harder to find a Gigantamax Corviknight in Sword than it is in Shield due to the event. Once the event ends it will be hard to find him in both versions. Anyway, I can give a Gigantamax Corviknight if you want.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Since you were asking about the Pokérus, the Power Item points are added before the Pokérus doubles it. Hence, with the Pokérus, the Power Items provide 16 additonal points.

Say you equip a Power Anklet to a Pokémon with the Pokérus. Defeating a wild Dreepy will yield 18 points in Speed. Defeating a wild Drakloak will yield 20 points, and defeating a wild Dragapult will yield 22 points. (I do not recommend this line though, since they're rare.)

thank you for the reply, i did hit up the 2ev yeild pokemon with the power items and pokerus. it went rather fast after the vitamins were applied. drakloak doesnt really give too many exp points but i defeated several after the evs were properly set.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
@nel3 - Route 7 is my recommended place to train for Speed points. You have Liepard and Galvantula roaming about in the open, both of whom are common and give out 2 points in Speed.