• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Kingudora

My favourite
How are the accuracy of OHKO moves affected when they hit the barriers of the max raid pokemon? I remembered one miss from my past raids.
Good question, I'd like to know as well. I do know however if your pokémon is lower level than the max raid pokémon, the OHKO move will fail.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Question: I let 3 level-1 Pokemon do a job and the next day they came back at level 30.

Would they have the same stats now if I had use them in battle? Or are they considered a little weaker (a la using Rare Candies)
The only thing that makes pokemon "weaker" from leveling via Rare Candy instead of battling is they aren't gaining EVs as they level up. The same is true from leveling with PokeJobs. That same pokemon will be just as strong (or stronger since you are controlling which stats the EVs go into) as a pokemon that leveled up by battling once you EV train the pokemon.

HumanPlus

Hello.
I am considering buying a switch lite and a copy of the game used online. The seller, however, writes that he's missing the box for the game. Do i need any sort of code from the physical box for any of the online stuff or something like that?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hello.
I am considering buying a switch lite and a copy of the game used online. The seller, however, writes that he's missing the box for the game. Do i need any sort of code from the physical box for any of the online stuff or something like that?
the only codes that might have come with the game are for mystery gifts. Not at all needed to fully enjoy the game. I believe the only code that came in a box was the dual pack that had codes for Larvitar and Jangmo'o raids.
Just make sure you're getting a physical copy of the game. if he bought a digital one, it's likely useless to you.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Hello, I wanted to ask if it was better to get the shiny charm BEFORE any of the DLC for Pokemon Sword/Shield comes out.

What's the fastest way to do this? Trading? I have Pokemon Shield. I've beaten the main story and caught the box legendary.

I currently have 158/400 Pokemon total. (Total [400] is before any DLC has been released.)

I really want to shiny hunt the heck out of this game. The last game I got the shiny charm in was Pokemon Sun.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hello, I wanted to ask if it was better to get the shiny charm BEFORE any of the DLC for Pokemon Sword/Shield comes out.

What's the fastest way to do this? Trading? I have Pokemon Shield. I've beaten the main story and caught the box legendary.

I currently have 158/400 Pokemon total. (Total [400] is before any DLC has been released.)

I really want to shiny hunt the heck out of this game. The last game I got the shiny charm in was Pokemon Sun.

If you can find a trade partner, you can obtain the exclusives much easier. If not, you have to constantly check the Y-Comm to find the exclusive dens and as fast as possible to find a place. For Zacian however, you do need someone to trade.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
If you can find a trade partner, you can obtain the exclusives much easier. If not, you have to constantly check the Y-Comm to find the exclusive dens and as fast as possible to find a place. For Zacian however, you do need someone to trade.

Okay, thank you!!! :)

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

I would spend time catching things in routes and the wild area. Invest in a bunch of quick balls and throw one at anything you haven't caught before (outside of raids, they don't work on raid pokemon and if you're doing raids by yourself any ball is 100% unless it's a gigantamax pokemon). If you've been doing any breeding, your hatchlings make great surprise trade fodder, especially if you are IV breeding and your babies can be desirable for others. Surprise trade can be a great way to fill up dex slots.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
So im trying to breed shinies for the first time and was wondering if i have a shiny charm, foreign ditto, and regular pokemon what are my chances of getting a shiny? also do my chances increase if the pokemon im breeding is shiny?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
So im trying to breed shinies for the first time and was wondering if i have a shiny charm, foreign ditto, and regular pokemon what are my chances of getting a shiny? also do my chances increase if the pokemon im breeding is shiny?
Using the Masuda Method with a Shiny Charm gives you a 1/512 chance to get a shiny. Sadly having one parent being shiny does not increase the odds.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
Using the Masuda Method with a Shiny Charm gives you a 1/512 chance to get a shiny. Sadly having one parent being shiny does not increase the odds.
Thank you very much ...seems reasonable that one parent being shiny would increase the chances of the egg being shiny but guess not

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I would spend time catching things in routes and the wild area. Invest in a bunch of quick balls and throw one at anything you haven't caught before (outside of raids, they don't work on raid pokemon and if you're doing raids by yourself any ball is 100% unless it's a gigantamax pokemon). If you've been doing any breeding, your hatchlings make great surprise trade fodder, especially if you are IV breeding and your babies can be desirable for others. Surprise trade can be a great way to fill up dex slots.

Thank you, and noted.

A quick update. I'm at 204/400 Pokemon. I got some Sword exclusives, and Zacian in my Pokedex. (I'm playing Shield). My starter was Scorbunny and I recently got a Grookey. I'll be breeding Grookey next.

I'm not sure if I have all the Sword exclusives, though. I also need a Sobble. And I would love a foreign ditto. I'm playing my game in English.

Phunke

Forgive me if this isn't the place to ask, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Someone trained me a Pokemon caught through the raid reset exploit (I can tell because it was caught in 2022). Do I need to worry about using this online? Will I get banned or anything?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
How are the accuracy of OHKO moves affected when they hit the barriers of the max raid pokemon? I remembered one miss from my past raids.

Good question, I'd like to know as well. I do know however if your pokémon is lower level than the max raid pokémon, the OHKO move will fail.

It works the other way around too. If your Pokémon is higher-leveled than the Max Raid Battle Pokémon, all of that Pokémon's OHKO moves will fail too.

In any case, I did some testing for this. I brought an Excadrill to Level 100 and gave him both Fissure and Horn Drill. I then used one of these moves 19 times, and 6 connected, which is close enough to 30% that I'd say the accuracy is the same in Max Raid Battles as it is without. I mainly tested when the barrier was up though.

Forgive me if this isn't the place to ask, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Someone trained me a Pokemon caught through the raid reset exploit (I can tell because it was caught in 2022). Do I need to worry about using this online? Will I get banned or anything?

It really depends on how the filters work. Considering I've battled people who have done just that, it should pass. However, I wouldn't take chances regarding this, and for this reason, all of the Pokémon I use for online battling were obtained, bred, and trained using only my own game and no external devices.

Phunke

It really depends on how the filters work. Considering I've battled people who have done just that, it should pass. However, I wouldn't take chances regarding this, and for this reason, all of the Pokémon I use for online battling were obtained, bred, and trained using only my own game and no external devices.
Yeah that makes sense. It's a shiny so I was mostly just going to use it in casual battles or raids. Thanks!

Chazsariel

Hi, got a quick question.

I was in the train with Hop traveling first time to Score City. We arrived, and i went directly back with the train to Brassburry to catch a rare pokemon. Now i cant use the train back to Score City. And i dont see any other way to reach it.... I need help :(

Thanks for your time.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Update:

I'm at about 226/400 Pokemon or so. I still need Sobble and a foreign ditto. And I'm missing a lot of Sword exclusives. I'm currently training and catching Pokemon in the wild area to expand my dex faster. If anyone has Sword, I have Shield. I'm missing a ton of Sword exclusives.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Hi, got a quick question.

I was in the train with Hop traveling first time to Score City. We arrived, and i went directly back with the train to Brassburry to catch a rare pokemon. Now i cant use the train back to Score City. And i dont see any other way to reach it.... I need help :(

Thanks for your time.
can you fly using your map yet?

Drianne1999

Does anyone here have a G-Max Pikachu?? I'd like to trade away my G-Max Coalossal and/or G-Max Alcremie (Ruby Cream/Rainbow Swirl) in exchange for it...