• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Update:

I'm at about 226/400 Pokemon or so. I still need Sobble and a foreign ditto. And I'm missing a lot of Sword exclusives. I'm currently training and catching Pokemon in the wild area to expand my dex faster. If anyone has Sword, I have Shield. I'm missing a ton of Sword exclusives.

If all else fails, look for Max Raid Battles on the Y-Comm. I got nearly all my Sword exclusives in this way. The only one that you can't get through them is Zacian. For starters, they're quite common in Surprise Trades. If you're breeding in any serious capacity in this game, you'll have a lot of leftover Pokémon, which you can then Surprise Trade away (which gets you the bonus of more Trainer IDs and thus better odds at getting a prize in the daily lottery).

[

Yes i can, but not to Score City :(

What happens when you try to use the train? (I also looked up the Japanese names, and while I found "Brassie Town" referring to Wedgehurst, I cannot find a "Score City.")

Kingudora

My favourite
[

Yes i can, but not to Score City :(

If all else fails, look for Max Raid Battles on the Y-Comm. I got nearly all my Sword exclusives in this way. The only one that you can't get through them is Zacian. For starters, they're quite common in Surprise Trades. If you're breeding in any serious capacity in this game, you'll have a lot of leftover Pokémon, which you can then Surprise Trade away (which gets you the bonus of more Trainer IDs and thus better odds at getting a prize in the daily lottery).

What happens when you try to use the train? (I also looked up the Japanese names, and while I found "Brassie Town" referring to Wedgehurst, I cannot find a "Score City.")
Score City is Wyndon in german, while Brassbury is Wedgehurst in the german localization.

@Chazsariel did you reach Score City? Otherwise, go back to White-Hill-Bahnhof on Route 10 and continue north from there.

Need help finishing my Pokédex I got sword !!! I need shield Pokémon !!! Please let me ASAP I will help out with sword Pokémon trying to finish this before the new dlc comes out please help !!!!

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Update:

I'm at 259/400 Pokemon.

I still need Sobble and a foreign ditto. And I'm missing a lot of Sword exclusives. I'm currently training and catching Pokemon in the wild area to expand my dex faster. If anyone has Sword, I have Shield. I'm missing a ton of Sword exclusives.

Does anyone want to trade with me to help?

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Edit:

I have completed my Pokedex and also have my foreign ditto. (01/20/2020)

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Max Raid battles online? Normally I get a decent number of errors telling me I can't join, but lately it seems like every raid that pops up on my Y-comm is like that anymore -_-

Is there something wrong with the game, or is it something else like my Switch or my WiFi setting?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Max Raid battles online? Normally I get a decent number of errors telling me I can't join, but lately it seems like every raid that pops up on my Y-comm is like that anymore -_-

Is there something wrong with the game, or is it something else like my Switch or my WiFi setting?

It's the game. The game is very bad at keeping you informed of the status of other people's Max Raid Battles. You'll see the same notification if the raid is doing recruiting, if it's already underway, or if it's already finished. When you can't join and you get the error that communication had failed with the other player, it's because the raid had already begun or finished.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
idk if its been answered but does anyone know how much does it cost to get every oufit in pokemon shield for males?

FabioManoel1977

Sorry bad english, not sure If the world "uninvolved" is right.
Does exist any advantage to keep a pokemon uninvolved ? can he learn all moves of the evolved form ? I like Scorbunny but I dislike the appearance of his evolved form.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sorry bad english, not sure If the world "uninvolved" is right.
Does exist any advantage to keep a pokemon uninvolved ? can he learn all moves of the evolved form ? I like Scorbunny but I dislike the appearance of his evolved form.
Keeping a Pokémon unevolved lets it gain experience points faster and it can use the item Eviolite, an item that boosts Defense and Special Defense of unevolved Pokémon. Though this item only becomes available right before the 5th gym which is around the time you’d be getting your Raboot to evolve into Cinderace. Its stats and movepool will be worse compared to a hypothetical Raboot/Cinderace. However, as someone who completed a solo run with Scorbunny, I can say it’s definitely possible to go through the game without evolving it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there any way to tell if any of your pokémon are hacked? I just saw this video of how Nintendo’s cracking down on all of the exploits:
I don’t use any of them but I have a ton of Pokémon I got through trades so I want to make sure the ones I use for WiFi battles are legit

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I read somewhere that using the HP Up, protein and other vitamins is different this gen? How different? Because since game freak raised the damn prices to 10K a bottle, im not about to spend a million for 10 of each!

Should i just stick with letting Pokemon do Seminars each day to get the max EV stats?

mimsie

since the 21st of january i havent been able to get into the Y-Com at all, ive restarted the game multiple times, but it dosent help. when i click the button to connect, the screen flashes for a moment before completely disappearing, and i have no clue what to do at this point, is there any way to fix this problem?

Ghost94

I read somewhere that using the HP Up, protein and other vitamins is different this gen? How different? Because since game freak raised the damn prices to 10K a bottle, im not about to spend a million for 10 of each!

Should i just stick with letting Pokemon do Seminars each day to get the max EV stats?
The big change is we are now able to use 26 of the same vitamin at once to instantly max out the EV’s on a given stat. I recommend farming for Watts in the Wild Area then find a Watt trader who sells Luxury Balls and purchasing as many as you can, afterwards fly to Wydon and sell the Luxury Balls then buy your vitamins. This will save you time.

since the 21st of january i havent been able to get into the Y-Com at all, ive restarted the game multiple times, but it dosent help. when i click the button to connect, the screen flashes for a moment before completely disappearing, and i have no clue what to do at this point, is there any way to fix this problem?
Try doing a hard reset on your Nintendo Switch, hold down the power button until you’re given to option to turn it off then turn it back on.

FabioManoel1977

Does Pokemon Sword have in the game a system where we can trade a pokemon and choose which Pokemon we can trade and them send it and wait an the game automatically makes the trade for us If the game finds someone online wanting to trade, with a random online person ?

I see a lot of forums where people offer a pokemosn and request another, I do believe that NOT exist the option to do it in game ?

Someone can explain how trade pokemon with random people online but choose which pokemon we want ?

For instance, I want to trade a Brazilian Ditto for a Japanese Ditto. Is possible to do it in the game without use forums ?

I fear to trade pokemon in forums and someone send me a hacked Pokemon, at least in Brazilian forums all pokemons are not reliable...

Or serebii foruns are 100% trusted to trade pokemon ?

I already buy the consoel and the game from internet, but, they not arrived in my home yet, it is taking more time that expected...

Ignition

Does Pokemon Sword have in the game a system where we can trade a pokemon and choose which Pokemon we can trade and them send it and wait an the game automatically makes the trade for us If the game finds someone online wanting to trade, with a random online person ?

I see a lot of forums where people offer a pokemosn and request another, I do believe that NOT exist the option to do it in game ?

Someone can explain how trade pokemon with random people online but choose which pokemon we want ?

For instance, I want to trade a Brazilian Ditto for a Japanese Ditto. Is possible to do it in the game without use forums ?

I fear to trade pokemon in forums and someone send me a hacked Pokemon, at least in Brazilian forums all pokemons are not reliable...

Or serebii foruns are 100% trusted to trade pokemon ?

I already buy the consoel and the game from internet, but, they not arrived in my home yet, it is taking more time that expected...
There’s no way to know for sure what Pokémon your trading partner is offering as they removed the GTS from these games. Your best options are probably forums like these. I haven’t been on these forums that long but for the few trades I have done, I’ve gotten them fast so I say the people here are trustworthy.

FabioManoel1977

There’s no way to know for sure what Pokémon your trading partner is offering as they removed the GTS from these games. Your best options are probably forums like these. I haven’t been on these forums that long but for the few trades I have done, I’ve gotten them fast so I say the people are trustworthy.

Thank you very much, Ignition, I am really surprised that the number of features REMOVED from Pokemon sword If compared to old game are much more that the new features that are added... I played old pokemon games with GTS I cannot believe that they removed it. Also I am so sad to notice that they removed also the "Pokémon Amie" feature too... Something that I used a lot on Pokemon X...

I already buy the Nintendo Switch and Pokemon Sword game, and I am not even begin to play it since is not arrived at home yet, but, I am already begun to regret it... I guess I should be more happy If I have buy a New Nintendo 2Ds with Pokemon Ultra Moon...

I'm seriously thinking about REFUSING the delivery and ask to the postman to return it to the seller and I get my money back and buy a New Nintendo 2Ds with Pokemon Ultra Moon... What you think ? You are enjoying Pokemon Sword even with some many good features of the old games being removed ?

Game Freaks are the worse, instead they improve the games they make worse every new released game...

I'm an idiot I should have asked more questions and did more research before buying this stuff...

Ignition

Thank you very much, Ignition, I am really surprised that the number of features REMOVED from Pokemon sword If compared to old game are much more that the new features that are added... I played old pokemon games with GTS I cannot believe that they removed it. Also I am so sad to notice that they removed also the "Pokémon Amie" feature too... Something that I used a lot on Pokemon X...

I already buy the Nintendo Switch and Pokemon Sword game, and I am not even begin to play it since is not arrived at home yet, but, I am already begun to regret it... I guess I should be more happy If I have buy a New Nintendo 2Ds with Pokemon Ultra Moon...

I'm seriously thinking about REFUSING the delivery and ask to the postman to return it to the seller and I get my money back and buy a New Nintendo 2Ds with Pokemon Ultra Moon... What you think ? You are enjoying Pokemon Sword even with some many good features of the old games being removed ?

Game Freaks are the worse, instead they improve the games they make worse every new released game...

I'm an idiot I should have asked more questions and did more research before buying this stuff...
You’re not an idiot. It’s natural to want to buy the next installment of a franchise you love.

As you said, GF has made some questionable decisions with these games. However, I’m very pleased with my play through of SwSh. The Wild Area was fun to explore, the new Pokémon looked amazing (camping is just as fun as Amie btw), the music was amazing, and there’s a lot of quality of life improvements that make these games so much fun. Were their gripes I had? Of course. But I don’t regret my purchase in the slightest so I think you should play it