• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

FabioManoel1977

You’re not an idiot. It’s natural to want to buy the next installment of a franchise you love.

As you said, GF has made some questionable decisions with these games. However, I’m very pleased with my play through of SwSh. The Wild Area was fun to explore, the new Pokémon looked amazing (camping is just as fun as Amie btw), the music was amazing, and there’s a lot of quality of life improvements that make these games so much fun. Were their gripes I had? Of course. But I don’t regret my purchase in the slightest so I think you should play it

Yes, I guess I am so much stressed... The delivery is taking so much time to arrive in my home and I am truly worried... Maybe this is making me thinking in the wrong way... I hate to buy things from internet, but, I not find it to sell in any "physical" shop...

And, yeah, really, The Wild Area looks really awesome, looks like have so much to do in it. Looks really a lot of fun.

Thank you very much.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yes, I guess I am so much stressed... The delivery is taking so much time to arrive in my home and I am truly worried... Maybe this is making me thinking in the wrong way... I hate to buy things from internet, but, I not find it to sell in any "physical" shop...

And, yeah, really, The Wild Area looks really awesome, looks like have so much to do in it. Looks really a lot of fun.

Thank you very much.
My pleasure. Hope you have fun with the game once you get it!

Wata fuk

Uuh... hi
Could anyone trade to me a pokemon that holds ingredient for rich curry please?
(Sorry for my English if it's wrong:D)

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
There is some speculation that the Global Trade Station or something similar to it will be part of Pokemon Home since it's not in Sword and Shield and we know trading will be a function of the Home app. I hope they are planning to give us info on Home soon. A month from now it will likely be available already.

Wata and 1337battlemaster, you two might have better luck in the 8th gen wifi center

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I don’t use any of them but I have a ton of Pokémon I got through trades so I want to make sure the ones I use for WiFi battles are legit

The only way to know for sure that your Pokémon are not hacked is to assemble your Pokémon from scratch, or at least that you obtained them from trusted sources. That's really how it's been for the entire history of the series.

It's not really a malicious thing most of these guys do either. People who do stuff like generate shiny Gigantamax raids or give away perfect IV shiny Pokémon over Surprise Trade genuinely believe they're helping.

TopHatCat

Heya Gang, Is there a way to search your Boxes for Shinies?

I've noticed the Boxes have a basic search function for things like typing, genders, natures stuff like that. But is there any way to find your Shiny?

According to my player card I have 6 Shiny Pokémon, however I've only hatched 1 and caught 0, so wondering if I received them from Surprise Trades, I'm currently full on like 22 boxes (been hatching a ton) so bit of a task to go through each individual pokemon especially since their model takes a good few seconds to load on each.

So is there a way to search like in some previous entries? (Apparently you use to be able to type stuff in, like "Shiny" but this new search function is just dropdowns so...)

Thanks for the help!

Ghost94

Heya Gang, Is there a way to search your Boxes for Shinies?

I've noticed the Boxes have a basic search function for things like typing, genders, natures stuff like that. But is there any way to find your Shiny?

According to my player card I have 6 Shiny Pokémon, however I've only hatched 1 and caught 0, so wondering if I received them from Surprise Trades, I'm currently full on like 22 boxes (been hatching a ton) so bit of a task to go through each individual pokemon especially since their model takes a good few seconds to load on each.

So is there a way to search like in some previous entries? (Apparently you use to be able to type stuff in, like "Shiny" but this new search function is just dropdowns so...)

Thanks for the help!
You can try pressing the “+” button to bring up the stats page on the PC then proceed to cycle through each Pokémon and keep an eye out near the upper right portion of that stats box for 3 stars, much faster this way than waiting for sprites to loads. Evolutions count on the League Card as well so consider that too.

LordHill

I can't seem to be able to evolve Inkay. In the past couple of days, I have searched multiple sites to find out what I am doing wrong. A common answer seems to be to turn off other controllers, so I did that, and it still won't work. I have tried turning the switch upside down before the battle, at the start of the battle, right before level-up, right after level-up, and right after level-up while in doc, then flip upside down and continue out of doc (as shown in multiple youtube videos). I have had zero luck and I have no idea what to do. This was never a problem for me in the 3DS games.

If anyone knows how to help, I would really appreciate it!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I can't seem to be able to evolve Inkay. In the past couple of days, I have searched multiple sites to find out what I am doing wrong. A common answer seems to be to turn off other controllers, so I did that, and it still won't work. I have tried turning the switch upside down before the battle, at the start of the battle, right before level-up, right after level-up, and right after level-up while in doc, then flip upside down and continue out of doc (as shown in multiple youtube videos). I have had zero luck and I have no idea what to do. This was never a problem for me in the 3DS games.

If anyone knows how to help, I would really appreciate it!

Inkay will evolve only if the Switch is already upside down when the text box saying "Inkay has evolved to level (number)!" has gone away. It also only works in handheld mode, meaning you have to be using Joy-Cons attached to the sides of the Switch. Flipping free Joy-Cons upside-down won't work, as are Joy-Cons in a grip or anything other than Joy-Cons (such as the Pro Controller).

Also, don't turn it right-side-up until the sequence where Inkay evolves begins. The idea is that the game is checking the gyro at a particular length of time. If the game is ever NOT upside-down at any point during then, it won't work, and the same goes for if the Switch calibrates itself after you've turned it upside-down but before Inkay evolves.

LordHill

I'm holding my switch upside down at the right time and I've recalibrated the console, controllers, and control sticks. There are still no controllers other than the two joy-cons connected and my Inkay is well over level 30, but it still doesn't work. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it just will not work... Any other suggestions?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
When I say "recalibrate," I mean as you're playing the game. Every Switch game with motion controls will frequently automatically calibrate without you realling knowing. This auto-calibration is necessary for games like Splatoon 2 and Rocket League to remain playable.

Is the Switch held upright? This can't be done if the Switch is held roughly parallel with the ground.

Another possibility: You are using official Joy-Cons, right? There are some third-party ones that don't have the gyro sensors built in.

Ghost94

I'm holding my switch upside down at the right time and I've recalibrated the console, controllers, and control sticks. There are still no controllers other than the two joy-cons connected and my Inkay is well over level 30, but it still doesn't work. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it just will not work... Any other suggestions?
I know this is a long-shot, but check to see if your Inkay is holding an Everstone.

FabioManoel1977

Sorry bad english

I started my Nintend Switch In Brazil Region, and I am surprised, I cannot even access ESHOP and cannot buy Nintendo Switch Online Membership. I changed it to USA and I buy Nintendo Switch Online Membership and I playing pokemon sword online nicely .

What happens If I change my region mid game ? I will lose my Nintendo Switch Online ?

I noticed that When I trade a Pokemon, comes with a tag from their country [JPN] then probably when I tarde a pokemon it go con Tag [USA] If I change my region to BRASIL my pokemon will have the tag [BRA] or [USA]

When I want to buy something in ESHOP can I change again to USA without troubles ?

I fear to change and lose my Nintendo Switch Online Membership, 2o dollars are expensive since dollars in brazilian currency are expensive and I also need to play a tac of currency conversion of 7% more tax from my credit card 2%...

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I didn't think it was possible but i managed to catch a Flapple in the max raid that can gigantamax. And i did it with a weak Lv 47. CPU team because i can never get real players to come.

It's level 60. But my question is: should i even bother to EV train it now since it can gigantamax or breed it and start from Lv 1? But then will the offspring be able to gigantamax?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How do you breed first impression onto axew, trapinch and Durant? I haven’t been able to do it. I hate chain breeding.
Firstly, breed a male Golisopod with First Impression with female Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon to pass over First Impression as an Egg Move. Keep hatching the Eggs until you hatch a male Trapinch with First Impression. Using the male Trapinch with First Impression, then breed it with female Durant/Axew to get First Impression on Axew and Durant.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I didn't think it was possible but i managed to catch a Flapple in the max raid that can gigantamax. And i did it with a weak Lv 47. CPU team because i can never get real players to come.

It's level 60. But my question is: should i even bother to EV train it now since it can gigantamax or breed it and start from Lv 1? But then will the offspring be able to gigantamax?
You will need to EV train the Flapple obtained by the Max Raid, the G-Max trait cannot be pass down thru breeding.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
what use are the repels for in gen8?? the pokemon still chase after you to begin with.