• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Chras

So I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this issue. Im having a lot of issues with stamps refreshing in very particular ways. Stamps don't refresh quickly enough, and sometimes they stop refreshing. I have a link code league card swap going to refresh my stamps, so they should be popping up, but sometimes they just completely stop. Now, raids also are popping up when they're already full or finished. I'm seeing mostly only promoted raids pop up, but then completed raids of rare g max pokemon pop up after the refresh. I wasn't having this issue before, but now I'm hardly seeing any other raids besides promoted raids until the rare raid is already full or finished. Any thoughts?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
So I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this issue. Im having a lot of issues with stamps refreshing in very particular ways. Stamps don't refresh quickly enough, and sometimes they stop refreshing. I have a link code league card swap going to refresh my stamps, so they should be popping up, but sometimes they just completely stop. Now, raids also are popping up when they're already full or finished. I'm seeing mostly only promoted raids pop up, but then completed raids of rare g max pokemon pop up after the refresh. I wasn't having this issue before, but now I'm hardly seeing any other raids besides promoted raids until the rare raid is already full or finished. Any thoughts?

They don't pop up constantly, and based on my time playing, you're more likely to get new notifications, and you get them more frequently, when you're not on the Y-Comm menu. Either way, you still need to provide at least several seconds. Trading League Cards with a Link Code doesn't cause the Y-Comm to constantly refresh; it just causes the notifications to be recent enough such that you're more easily able to join Max Raid Battles.

If the room fills up quickly enough, however, you won't be able to join. This is the first weekend of the February 2020 Gigantamax event. People are excited to get these Gigantamax Pokémon, especially Toxtricity. There are also people going after Milcery to get the Sweets. As a result, the rooms for the temporarily common Gigantamax Pokémon fill up quickly, typically under 60 seconds.

The third issue is that Pokémon Sword & Shield is struggling to manage all of these people playing at once. It's a similar paradoxical issue as with Super Smash Bros. Brawl: the more people are playing online at a time, the slower the online will be. I don't have the programming knowledge to understand why this is the case, just that when there are fewer people, online in this game becomes more stable, reliable, and quick.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I'm having problems with the link trade on Pokemon Sword and Shield. I'm trying to trade with myself (I own a switch and switch lite), but it won't connect with each other to make the trade!? I've done it numerous times before but now it won't connect with each other!? I can still invite myself for max raid battles with each game, but it won't let me trade anymore?Also, my switch lite will let me know that my other Switch is online, but now I don't get that notification!? Can someone please help me!? Thanks

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there any way to lessen the recoil damage caused by Steel Beam? I’m currently EV training one my pokémon by raising their HP so it can survive a little while longer, but I’m not sure it’s working

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Is there any way to lessen the recoil damage caused by Steel Beam? I’m currently EV training one my pokémon by raising their HP so it can survive a little while longer, but I’m not sure it’s working
Sadly I don't think there is any way to lessen the recoil damage from Steel Beam.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

You can use pinch berries (Figy, Iapapa, Wiki, Mago, Aguav) that restore 50% of your HP, as long as your Pokémon is bulky enough to take another hit after launching Steel Beam. It activates at 33% of HP and heals up to 83%. That is your best bet.

Put a link in 'pinch berries', since the trade off is that your Pokémon can be confused if wrong berry is attached; determined by its nature.

Last edited:

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I'm still having problems with the link trade on Pokemon Sword and Shield!? I'm trying to trade with myself (I own a switch and switch lite), but it won't connect with each other to make the trade!? It just keeps searching. I've tried doing link code trade too and nothing happens. I can still invite myself for max raid battles with each game, but it won't let me trade anymore? Can someone please help me!? Thanks

Kingudora

My favourite
You can use pinch berries (Figy, Iapapa, Wiki, Mago, Aguav) that restore 50% of your HP, as long as your Pokémon is bulky enough to take another hit after launching Steel Beam. It activates at 33% of HP and heals up to 83%. That is your best bet.

Put a link in 'pinch berries', since the trade off is that your Pokémon can be confused if wrong berry is attached; determined by its nature.
Sadly the pinch berries were nerfed in SWSH, only healing 33% of max HP at 25% now, so they are not as reliable anymore.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Is Boomburst powered up by the Punk Rock ability? I don't see a list of moves affected by it on serebii.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I'm having problems with the link trade on Pokemon Sword and Shield. I'm trying to trade with myself (I own a switch and switch lite), but it won't connect with each other to make the trade!? I've done it numerous times before but now it won't connect with each other!? I can still invite myself for max raid battles with each game, but it won't let me trade anymore?Also, my switch lite will let me know that my other Switch is online, but now I don't get that notification!? Can someone please help me!? Thanks

I'm still having problems with the link trade on Pokemon Sword and Shield!? I'm trying to trade with myself (I own a switch and switch lite), but it won't connect with each other to make the trade!? It just keeps searching. I've tried doing link code trade too and nothing happens. I can still invite myself for max raid battles with each game, but it won't let me trade anymore? Can someone please help me!? Thanks
I was having this same problem and I went through a lot of hoops I didn't need to to try to fix it, including creating another nintendo ID and adding it to my NSO family plan. Sadly, I don't remember what finally worked.
Make sure both systems and games are fully up to date, make sure they are both on local internet, and even try shutting both off and back on. Try using a code to initiate the trade. If the solution that finally solved this issue for me comes back to me, I'll be sure to edit.

Dunkalevra

I caught a G-Max Toxtricity and to my surprise it is a 6IV adamant with Plus, should I change the Ability and the nature? I am not trying to make compete but I also don't want to mess up such a nice pokemon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I caught a G-Max Toxtricity and to my surprise it is a 6IV adamant with Plus, should I change the Ability and the nature? I am not trying to make compete but I also don't want to mess up such a nice pokemon.
Yes. Toxtricity’s ideal role is a special sweeper so Punk Rock with Timid or Modest works best

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Where exactly on Route 2’s lake do I have to be to find Feebas? I tried to fish near Prof. Magnolia’s house but I’ve only found Magikarp.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Where exactly on Route 2’s lake do I have to be to find Feebas? I tried to fish near Prof. Magnolia’s house but I’ve only found Magikarp.
I found mine in one of the rippling water spots by the “island” in the middle of the lake

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I was having this same problem and I went through a lot of hoops I didn't need to to try to fix it, including creating another nintendo ID and adding it to my NSO family plan. Sadly, I don't remember what finally worked.
Make sure both systems and games are fully up to date, make sure they are both on local internet, and even try shutting both off and back on. Try using a code to initiate the trade. If the solution that finally solved this issue for me comes back to me, I'll be sure to edit.

Ok, I'll try those things. Thank you so much for responding. I'll let you know if it worked or not.