• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You mean the one where Drednaw will pop up in the overworld?
Speaking of which, do the Drednaw & Obstagoon in that area ever respawn. I only ever encountered them once, & that was weeks ago

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Speaking of which, do the Drednaw & Obstagoon in that area ever respawn. I only ever encountered them once, & that was weeks ago
I don’t think so. Special overworld encounters like those 2, the Corvisquire on Route 3, and Crawdaunt in Turrfield don’t seem to come back.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don’t think so. Special overworld encounters like those 2, the Corvisquire on Route 3, and Crawdaunt in Turrfield don’t seem to come back.
Wait, there’s a Crawdaunt in Turrfield?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I saw Obstagoon more than once after I caught it. I think that it respawns at an extremely low rate.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm having problems with the link trade on Pokemon Sword and Shield. I'm trying to trade with myself (I own a switch and switch lite), but it won't connect with each other to make the trade!? I've done it numerous times before but now it won't connect with each other!? I can still invite myself for max raid battles with each game, but it won't let me trade anymore?Also, my switch lite will let me know that my other Switch is online, but now I don't get that notification!? Can someone please help me!? Thanks

If one of your Switches can see the other but not the other way around, it may be an issue with the user settings on the Switch that can't be seen. In order for that account to show up on other people's Y-Comms, your online status has to be available to all friends, and play activity must be set to everybody. Check your settings as follows:

Select your profile picture on the upper left of the Switch Menu, then select User Settings, then Friend Settings, and make sure the settings are as follows:
Display online status to: All Friends
Display play activity to: All Users

I saw Obstagoon more than once after I caught it. I think that it respawns at an extremely low rate.

I noticed the same thing with Gastrodon in Galar Mine No. 2. I've seen Gastrodon reappear, but very rarely. Like, WAY more rarely than the Sweet and Tart Apples reappear at Axew's Eye.

Kingudora

My favourite
I know that some of those encounters, like the Crawdaunt and Drednaw, have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs. So I think that's part of the reason why they don't respawn.

Similarly, the Sizzlipede you encounter during the Motostoke Gym challenge also has 3 perfect IVs, which I don't think most players are aware of.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know that some of those encounters, like the Crawdaunt and Drednaw, have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs. So I think that's part of the reason why they don't respawn.

Similarly, the Sizzlipede you encounter during the Motostoke Gym challenge also has 3 perfect IVs, which I don't think most players are aware of.
Oh, that explains why the judge checker said my Centiskorch has amazing stats. I caught her as a Sizzlipede during the Motostoke gym challenge along with my Litwick (now a Lampent) & I've been keeping her in my reserves since I grew attached to her after using her to battle Kabu, but I didn't know she had that kind of power.

So is there a site that lists all of the special overworld encounter pokemon in the game that AREN'T in the Wild Area? I'm really interested in looking for them now.

Last edited:

Kingudora

My favourite
Oh, that explains why the judge checker said my Centiskorch has amazing stats. I caught her as a Sizzlipede during the Motostoke gym challenge along with my Litwick (now a Lampent) & I've been keeping her in my reserves since I grew attached to her after using her to battle Kabu, but I didn't know she had that kind of power.

So is there a site that lists all of the special overworld encounter pokemon in the game that AREN'T in the Wild Area? I'm really interested in looking for them now.
There are about 20 special overworld encounters outside the Wild Area. I haven't found a good site that lists them properly, I only know about them by looking through some of the data dumps.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
If one of your Switches can see the other but not the other way around, it may be an issue with the user settings on the Switch that can't be seen. In order for that account to show up on other people's Y-Comms, your online status has to be available to all friends, and play activity must be set to everybody. Check your settings as follows:

Select your profile picture on the upper left of the Switch Menu, then select User Settings, then Friend Settings, and make sure the settings are as follows:

I did everything that you said, and it doesn't work!? I don't understand?!

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!

Also I notice that when I check to see if both say that they are online I click on the link trade and let it search, I check to see if both are still saying online, and it reverts back to saying both are offline.

Chras

They don't pop up constantly, and based on my time playing, you're more likely to get new notifications, and you get them more frequently, when you're not on the Y-Comm menu. Either way, you still need to provide at least several seconds. Trading League Cards with a Link Code doesn't cause the Y-Comm to constantly refresh; it just causes the notifications to be recent enough such that you're more easily able to join Max Raid Battles.

If the room fills up quickly enough, however, you won't be able to join. This is the first weekend of the February 2020 Gigantamax event. People are excited to get these Gigantamax Pokémon, especially Toxtricity. There are also people going after Milcery to get the Sweets. As a result, the rooms for the temporarily common Gigantamax Pokémon fill up quickly, typically under 60 seconds.

The third issue is that Pokémon Sword & Shield is struggling to manage all of these people playing at once. It's a similar paradoxical issue as with Super Smash Bros. Brawl: the more people are playing online at a time, the slower the online will be. I don't have the programming knowledge to understand why this is the case, just that when there are fewer people, online in this game becomes more stable, reliable, and quick.

Hi, I want to address a few points. I understand that they don't pop up constantly, but the rate at which they pop has significantly changed to the point where they stop altogether sometimes. As far as rooms filling up, the stamp pops up when the room is already full. It is very difficult to get into rare raid (Not promoted dens) rooms now because they were already full by time I get the notification. As I said, I wasn't having these issues before. I could get into a rare raid room a bit consistently before, now if they even show up they're already full when I get the stamp. I'm wondering if it is a NAT type issue, but I've tried to change it but it won't change.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Are the Alolan pokemon's icons (mini-sprites) up-to-date such as they are the same size as their regular counterpart?

Also, is Slowpoke transferable since its galarian form can be caught?

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
So I just started transferring all (23 boxes) my Pokemon from Bank to Home, all successfully transferred over. Went to log back into Home and now I get the error message!? What the hell!? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please help!

dar

Event Hunter
Is anyone having a problem with trying to use shiny lunala event (self obtained)and shiny solgleo event (self obtained) in raids and getting the message "there seems to be something wrong with your pokemon", its the same with shiny necrozama event ( code redeemed by someone who had a jp 3ds).

it seems its just those events, im able to use zeraora and marshadow but just not those events.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Is anyone having a problem with trying to use shiny lunala event (self obtained)and shiny solgleo event (self obtained) in raids and getting the message "there seems to be something wrong with your pokemon", its the same with shiny necrozama event ( code redeemed by someone who had a jp 3ds).

it seems its just those events, im able to use zeraora and marshadow but just not those events.
Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. Got both TCG events for Solgaleo and Lunala. Could transfer them up through Home with no problems, but can't use them in raids. Makes me wonder if other special event pokémon (e.g. any of the pikachu with unique moves like Fly) have the same problems.

Anyone else getting this?

dar

Event Hunter
Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. Got both TCG events for Solgaleo and Lunala. Could transfer them up through Home with no problems, but can't use them in raids. Makes me wonder if other special event pokémon (e.g. any of the pikachu with unique moves like Fly) have the same problems.

Anyone else getting this?
The pikachu with fly and surf is allowed I just tested it out in a raid and also asked someone on discord and they ran into the same problem

poe_keeper

Hello, I am having trouble finding a list of all the pokemon that will not transfer to Sword and Shield. Maybe I am missing something in my search. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction or does anyone have a list? Thanks for any help.