• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Quick question about Melmetal: how do you get its G-Max?? Getting one from GO and after putting it in HOME in SwSh it will have its G-Max unlocked?

Fairy King

Is it possible to breed for an A. Vulpix in these games? I tried with an A. Vulpix I got from Home but didn't have any luck so I'm thinking no, but wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong because I've seen A. Vulpixes on the GTS in Home that have the Sword or Shield icon indicating they originated from a SwSh game.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is it possible to breed for an A. Vulpix in these games? I tried with an A. Vulpix I got from Home but didn't have any luck so I'm thinking no, but wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong because I've seen A. Vulpixes on the GTS in Home that have the Sword or Shield icon indicating they originated from a SwSh game.
Have the Alolan parent hold an Everstone to pass down the variant.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
How do I protect myself from the game-crashing glitch as a result of having a hacked older mon Surprise traded at me or in a Multiplayer Max Raid? Is there a patch, or am I going to have to avoid multiplayer until it's fixed and the malicious actors depowered?

I want to do random trade/battle things without trolls deliberately crashing my game and me being punished for their jerkishness?

UNknowingly receiving stolen goods isn't a crime, even in Japan AFAIK...

Is this crash "glitch" in reality bad DRM of the worst sort?

I need to know so I can ST and Max Raid online again!

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
^Well, there goes my plan to see for my self whether mini-sprites have their alolette forms.

But in all seriouness, it would be for the best to avoid surprise trade altogether, until gf fixes it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can you do normal trades for pokémon like Meltan or Zeraora in Sword & Shield? I know you can’t do surprise trades since they’re considered special pokémon, but I wasn’t sure if regular trades work fine.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Can you do normal trades for pokémon like Meltan or Zeraora in Sword & Shield? I know you can’t do surprise trades since they’re considered special pokémon, but I wasn’t sure if regular trades work fine.
Yes.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Can someone with a Zamazenta that was legitimately caught in their game post a screenshot of the page that shows where it was caught? I'm pretty sure I was just traded a genned one because the capitalization of the words "tower summit" is different than my Zacian. Plus it is 6IV too so that's almost a dead giveaway there. I really only wanted it for the Rusted Shield, which I got so it's no big deal really if it isn't legit.
That's Genned. And it's from a piss-poor Genning program.

I recognize that type of spelling error from several genned Mons that I have received in the past.

Take the Rusted Shield and kick it.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I did everything that you said, and it doesn't work!? I don't understand?!

Can you do a trade with a Link Code going both ways? Again, there are various settings on the Switch that can prevent you from interacting with other people, or at least getting notifications from other people. I can't think of more, but I know there are.

Hi, I want to address a few points. I understand that they don't pop up constantly, but the rate at which they pop has significantly changed to the point where they stop altogether sometimes. As far as rooms filling up, the stamp pops up when the room is already full. It is very difficult to get into rare raid (Not promoted dens) rooms now because they were already full by time I get the notification. As I said, I wasn't having these issues before. I could get into a rare raid room a bit consistently before, now if they even show up they're already full when I get the stamp. I'm wondering if it is a NAT type issue, but I've tried to change it but it won't change.

It may be that Internet where you're playing is unstable. Are you playing this wired or wirelessly? That can be a major factor depending on the model of Switch, your Internet service provider, and the Internet plan for your home.

Are the Alolan pokemon's icons (mini-sprites) up-to-date such as they are the same size as their regular counterpart?

I checked with Alolan Ninetales--no, they are not. The Kantonian Ninetales sprite is a lot bigger than the Alolan Ninetales sprite. (Vulpix and Corsola, on the other hand, didn't change in size.)

Does anyone with Home know if the Pikachu/Pichu provided are GMax capable?

They are not, sadly.

ebevan91

That's Genned. And it's from a piss-poor Genning program.

I recognize that type of spelling error from several genned Mons that I have received in the past.

Take the Rusted Shield and kick it.

I thought so.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
its not so much question and more of an observation. gen6 games were easy enough, gen7 was similar but gen8 is stupidly easy to level up and ev train pokemon after a fair amount of post game progression. i can buy 50 vitamins and use feather/2-3 battles to EV train then use the many rare candies or EXPcandies and an easy EV trained lvl 100 pokemon in 5 minutes or less. it makes the gen6 battle cafes for money and EXP seem very slow and tedious in comparison. comparing gen6 to gen 4 is pretty much a similar situation where gen6 is easier.

as for an actual question, what the deal with pokemon home now and just how well does it seem to work so far? i dont know yet if i will fork over the money for the premium version. its not worth it just so i can get a Kanto Fetch'd. the transferable pokemon are pretty darn limited...

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
as for an actual question, what the deal with pokemon home now and just how well does it seem to work so far? i dont know yet if i will fork over the money for the premium version. its not worth it just so i can get a Kanto Fetch'd. the transferable pokemon are pretty darn limited...

My personal observation, it's great. It's easy to navigate — took me around 3-4 hours to create and fill National Dex box list from 1 to 890. Trading from phone is probably one of the best features for me, though.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
My personal observation, it's great. It's easy to navigate — took me around 3-4 hours to create and fill National Dex box list from 1 to 890. Trading from phone is probably one of the best features for me, though.

ty for the reply. so thats the national dex on Pokemon home but not on the gen8 game? i believe a fair amount of pokemon arent coded for the full dex. i will see what happens when the expansion pack comes out then decide on it. i'll take your word for the handy cellphone feature because flip-phone :)

Phantom Wolf DX

Hello everyone, my questions are related to two Hidden Ability Pokemon.

1. How do you get a Kantonian Weezing with Stench? I transfered one from LG Pikachu to Sword and it got Neutralising Gas. Are the abilities LG Pokemon get random?

2. I know that Hidden Ability Sinistea is available, but how about Hidden Ability Antique Form Sinistea.

I know Antique Form Polteageist can have Cursed Body, but seeing that Antique Form cannot be bred, is there any other way getting A.F. Sinistea?

Thanks in advance.

dar

Event Hunter
have they fixed the shiny event necrozama, lunala, and Solgaleo event to be used in raids and able to trade yet?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Anybody else having trouble finding max raid battles to get Gmax Pokemon? Everytime I start up the game there's only one max raid and it's the Toxitricy one. And I can't join other people's raids.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Anybody else having trouble finding max raid battles to get Gmax Pokemon? Everytime I start up the game there's only one max raid and it's the Toxitricy one. And I can't join other people's raids.

It's a promoted/event raid along with Orbeetle, Hatterene and Grimmsnarl, meaning you'll see them for a while and you'll have a higher capture rate. People try to get a desired nature, better IVs and possibly shiny so, it's entirely possible the seats are occupied when you try to connect.