• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Tuckleberry22

Does anyone know, or know who to ask, about getting wild Pokemon to come to your camp? I have aspirations of doing a play-through without actually catching any Pokemon but, after putting hours in, and getting so far as beating Kabu, I couldn't get any to come by. My Pokemon were all max friendship and I was making at least Milcery level curry, which some redditors claim to have triggered the event from, but I'm worried it might be locked behind story progression as I have made ~50 curries by now. On a different account I can get them to trigger maybe 1/5 times, regardless of how many Pokemon I have in my party (I had an encounter with only one Pokemon), so I do know it to be possible at least after beating the game. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
have you tried contacting Nintendo support? it sounds like none of the suggestions we've given you have worked. It might be a problem with your hardware at this point.

Actually I have contacted them. They couldn't really help me much, but I am able to trade back and forth now. Whenever I do the update for the wild area, it allows me to trade with the other game. I don't know if that's supposed to work that way, but it does!? lol

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Does anyone know, or know who to ask, about getting wild Pokemon to come to your camp? I have aspirations of doing a play-through without actually catching any Pokemon but, after putting hours in, and getting so far as beating Kabu, I couldn't get any to come by. My Pokemon were all max friendship and I was making at least Milcery level curry, which some redditors claim to have triggered the event from, but I'm worried it might be locked behind story progression as I have made ~50 curries by now. On a different account I can get them to trigger maybe 1/5 times, regardless of how many Pokemon I have in my party (I had an encounter with only one Pokemon), so I do know it to be possible at least after beating the game. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Sadly I think it is all down to luck whether you can get Pokémon from cooking curries. The official strategy guide only vaguely states having a high level of sociability between your party members increases the odds of wild Pokémon visiting your camp.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is RNG the god of shiny odds still or does 1 method seem to work better to find a shiny pokemon? im trying to find a shiny arrowkuda/baraskewda in route 2. i already found one 300 KOs in but due to the night battle color background i didnt notice it quick enough to avoid KOing it... i do have the shiny charm and a gen6 KOR/ITA ditto from one of my previous OR files transferred over to sword. i now have over 500 encounters on both water pokemon mentioned and have been doing small stints of finding and escaping if they arent shiny.

is the locate/escape method +500 KO+ shiny charm method or Matsuda method breeding more efficient or easier odds wise? i know RNG will dictate the results but has anyone had better luck with either method? im still gonna trawl the depths of route 2 lake for a shiny as its my go to place for speed EV training but im trying focus on the shiny odds atm.

Bowsizard

I recently transferred my Battle Bond Greninja to Home under the assumption it would still work, however it does not, lol. Does anybody have any idea when this will be able to be transferred to a future game or am I just never able to use it again.

BCVM22

The Kalos starters could be added in one of the DLC packs, they could also very much not be. No answer anyone can give you beyond that coin flip that isn’t a random guess.

Greninja, as a Pokémon, will, without question, be able to be transferred to some not-yet-released software, whether that’s the Sword and Shield DLC or some future game to be determined. That much is certain. Greninja is not trapped in HOME forever. What no one can tell you definitively is the what or the when in that scenario.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Greninja, as a Pokémon, will, without question, be able to be transferred to some not-yet-released software, whether that’s the Sword and Shield DLC or some future game to be determined. That much is certain. Greninja is not trapped in HOME forever. What no one can tell you definitively is the what or the when in that scenario.
Where do you get that guarantee from?

Kazura8

I'm looking for a gyarados raid tho i seem to be unlucky at finding them.
Are they a purple-only raid or can they be red beams as well?
And anyone have any experience at which locations they spawn perhaps a bit more frequently?
Thx a bunch for any help :)

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
To be honest, both Inner Focus and Steadfast are situational Abilities, as they depend on your opponent's actions. Intimidate doesn't appear to be quite as common as it was during the tail end of Generation VII, probably due to some highly public nerfs to it (though it's more buffs to other Abilities), as well as the off-chance of something holding an Adrenaline Orb. And depending on if you're playing single battles or double battles, flinch is either restricted to a few specific Pokémon for the former (like Togekiss) or as opening scouts for the latter (like Ludicolo).

Lucario's Speed of 90 means the risk of a flinch will likely come mainly out of Fake Out. It really doesn't matter which one you pick, since you likely won't come across it much for single battles, and the real worth in double battling is ensuring Lucario will never be targeted with Fake Out.

In both cases, though, Dynamaxing has made flinching less common, since Dynamaxed and Gigantamaxed Pokémon cannot flinch. That's resulted, in general, a decrease in flinch-based strategies, so it's basically a toss-up. That being said, I do like to open double battles with a Pokémon with Fake Out so I can set up and gain an early lead, especially if I can accurately predict whom my opponent will Dynamax/Gigantamax. (For instance, people commonly open with Tyranitar and Excadrill, and they will Dynamax Excadrill immediately.) If you opt for Inner Focus in a double battle and use Dynamax on Lucario's partner, you can (almost) guarantee Fake Out immunity. For the record, there's no overlap between Pokémon with Mold Breaker (or synonymous Ablities) and Pokémon who can learn Fake Out.

Where does the error message come up? Is it on the Switch menu, when you try to go online with the game, or some other time? Are your other Switch games able to go online? Can you access the eShop?
when I click on the Pokemon icon to play the game. That's when the message pops up.

They all have a chance of a Hidden Ability.Based on my short time with it though, Charizard appears to have lower odds than the others.

You'll get eggs, but the chances are low. Only if you hear "They're brimming with energy" or "They prefer to play with other Pokémon" will you get no eggs.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
@IPeak@Chu Sounds like the update was corrupted along the way or your Switch's internet settings are awry. If you play within the house, are you able to start the game just fine?

Where do you get that guarantee from?

From Greninja's popularity. Though there is the possibility of Greninja never showing up ever again, Greninja's just too popular for them to shelve permanently, between it being in both the Super Smash Bros. games and the Detective Pikachu movie.

I'm looking for a gyarados raid tho i seem to be unlucky at finding them.
Are they a purple-only raid or can they be red beams as well?
And anyone have any experience at which locations they spawn perhaps a bit more frequently?
Thx a bunch for any help :)

No, Gyarados can appear in the common dens as well. I got my Moxie Gyarados off of a common den.

If you have trouble finding them, and you can go online, I suggest you do so. Gyarados raids pop up ever now and then.

JDKNess

Hi, I dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but I've been looking up information about Poke-jobs like how much EVs it gives and stuff, and some of the results say that theres actually a bug with them, and Pokemon could go missing and not return? Is there any confirmation on this because I cannot find any confirmation or reliable source besides "he said, she said."

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
From Greninja's popularity. Though there is the possibility of Greninja never showing up ever again, Greninja's just too popular for them to shelve permanently, between it being in both the Super Smash Bros. games and the Detective Pikachu movie.
Greninja maybe, but we're talking a specific form of Greninja here, and besides that it's still a guess and no guarantee. Cosplay Pikachu was never playable in a game again after ORAS, and Pikachu is at least on that same level as Greninja.

Phantom Wolf DX

I got a question on Max Raid Battles. Are all Gourgeist in MRB Average size or are other Forms/Sizes also available in raid battles?

Thanks in advance.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
back in gen6 when i did a MM run in HA dream ball qwilfish i came up with 2 extra shines in 2 different runs. i kept 2 in gen6 and just transferred a bold natures shiny qwilfish with toxic, taunt, thunder wave and water fall. full HP and defense EVs should i modify the taunt/thunder wave move in favor of poison jab? it had toxic spikes but i chose toxic over it.

Akashin

Greninja maybe, but we're talking a specific form of Greninja here, and besides that it's still a guess and no guarantee. Cosplay Pikachu was never playable in a game again after ORAS, and Pikachu is at least on that same level as Greninja.

Cosplay Pikachu and Battle Bond Greninja aren't comparable because Cosplay Pikachu was always bound to ORAS; Battle Bond Greninja is able to be put into Bank and, from what I can tell, Home as well.

Obviously there's no certainty of when or if Battle Bond Greninja will be able to leave Home, but they could easily have blocked it from Home entirely if they'd been so inclined. The implication then would be that they don't seem to intend to leave it unavailable to us forever.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
back in gen6 when i did a MM run in HA dream ball qwilfish i came up with 2 extra shines in 2 different runs. i kept 2 in gen6 and just transferred a bold natures shiny qwilfish with toxic, taunt, thunder wave and water fall. full HP and defense EVs should i modify the taunt/thunder wave move in favor of poison jab? it had toxic spikes but i chose toxic over it.
Depends on what else you’re using. I usually see Toxic Spikes/T-Wave/Taunt/Liquidation or Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Scald or Liquidation/Destiny Bond

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Depends on what else you’re using. I usually see Toxic Spikes/T-Wave/Taunt/Liquidation or Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Scald or Liquidation/Destiny Bond

ty for the reply, given the bold nature its more of a tank/sponge and setup obstacles. im not sure if poison jab would be a good idea as a secondary attack as water type moves can be minimized by counters.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right forum yo ask for this, if not please accept my apologies. I need help and that's why I chose this thread. As it happens I have a few shiny pokemon which originally are from different countries and since the game doesn't let you rename such pokemon I was wondering if anyone could help me do so by trading with me, renaming them for me and then trading them back to me... I hope it's not much to ask, right now I'm looking to rename some German, Spanish, French, Japanese and/or Chinese ones. Please let me know if anyone one can help and/or if you have any conditions to do so. I promise it's not too many. Also for anyone who knows how does your game determine the language this time around? Is it by the language you selected at the start or is it something else? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Also for anyone who knows how does your game determine the language this time around? Is it by the language you selected at the start or is it something else? Thanks in advance.

It's by your chosen language. If you start your game in French, your Pokémon will have the FRA (FRE? I dunno, you get the idea) stamp, and so on.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm still experimenting on this but I'm trying to pass along a kanto ponyta nest ball onto the galar form. Everstone to keep said form but first I'm trying to get the right nature swapped over. Does the 50/50 odd rule still stand between regional forms?

Edit: got my answer, the 50/50 ball inheritance applied. now an MM shiny run on this cutey.

Last edited: