• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters
So, I am about to start these new games...and I need to plan what my teams will be. I have chosen a few that can potentially gigamax evolve (I would like to have Grimmsnarl on sword and Hatterene and Duraludon in shield), however, from what I saw, just nto any pokemon can gigamax, only the ones you get in raids, right?
How early in game is posible to make raids?
Can you do that before confronting the league or only in postgame?
I read that in the DLC is possible to make a soup that gives your pokemon the ability to gigamax evolve. How early can this be done in the game, agaijn pre or post the league?

BCVM22

Raids become accessible as soon as you reach the Wild Area for the first time, though they begin low-scaled.

I believe finishing The Isle of Armor to the point where the Gigantamax soup becomes available is similarly unrestricted, but it is not a quick process.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
So, I am about to start these new games...and I need to plan what my teams will be. I have chosen a few that can potentially gigamax evolve (I would like to have Grimmsnarl on sword and Hatterene and Duraludon in shield), however, from what I saw, just nto any pokemon can gigamax, only the ones you get in raids, right?
How early in game is posible to make raids?
Can you do that before confronting the league or only in postgame?
I read that in the DLC is possible to make a soup that gives your pokemon the ability to gigamax evolve. How early can this be done in the game, agaijn pre or post the league?
Dynamax and Gigantimax are virtually the same thing functionally, but the G-Max variant is the one where a Pokemon takes on a different form and changes the effect of one of its attack types. For example, Dynamax will turn all moves of a given type into a "Max" version of that type with the same effect no matter who uses it. "Max Flare" from any Pokemon's Fire-type attack causes intense sunlight, but the G-Max Charizard instead gets a fire attack that causes an "effect damage" on the opponent's side at the end of each turn instead of the Sunny Day effect.

Any Pokemon can Dynamax at "Power Spots," primarily during Gym Battles in the game and on Max Raids. In order to "Gigantimax" the Pokemon needs to be caught from a G-Max Raid (the raid will feature the G-Max form instead of the normal Max form), OR you can take the Pokemon to the Isle of Armor and feed it a Max Soup at the Dojo to change a normal Pokemon into its G-Max variant. You can basically get to the DLC area at the beginning of the game, as the DLC area scales levels based on how many gym badges you've obtained.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
One more thing to say: If you're looking for Gigantamax raids on your own, they will not appear until you've cleared the game. However, you can play other people's Gigantamax raids any time they're available, though they're in extremely high demand, so most of them are passcode-locked or fill up in a matter of seconds.

If you intend to play Isle of Armor, this is a much easier avenue for Gigantamax. You'll have access to Max Soup pretty early in to the story, which you can do right from your first chance to visit Isle of Armor. (Specifically, it's after Mustard's second mission.) You will need to find three clusters of Max Mushrooms, which sprout around the island as you play Max Raid Battles (either your own or someone else's, it doesn't matter). As long as you have a Pokémon of a species that can Gigantamax, such as Hatterene or Kingler, you can feed Max Soup to that Pokémon to induce the Gigantamax Factor onto them.

M-Zomer

I’m trying to farm some mushrooms, but I’m noticing the naturally spawning max raid dens can be tricky to find in the DLC, especially in caves (without using wishing pieces that is)..

have I missed an option to locate active dens in the map or something? Didn’t the game sort of hint at the option at the end of the original story, when you had to beat some Dynamaxed mons?

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I’m trying to farm some mushrooms, but I’m noticing the naturally spawning max raid dens can be tricky to find in the DLC, especially in caves (without using wishing pieces that is)..

have I missed an option to locate active dens in the map or something? Didn’t the game sort of hint at the option at the end of the original story, when you had to beat some Dynamaxed mons?
If new Max Raids (beams of light shooting up) aren't showing up, it means there's one somewhere on the Isle of Armor. New beams of light will appear after ALL current beams (active raid dens) are cleared, so you just have to check the WHOLE Isle of Armor to find the beam you missed. Once every beam has been cleared, new beams will show up. I suggest flying between the towers and the dojo and looking around. Remember that thick fog/rain/sand/blizzards might make it hard to see the beams so you just have to get used to trying to spot them from a distance as well.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm hoping to create a new playthrough to play the story again. But can the Pokemon HOME application be used to prevent loss of valuable creatures such as level 60 critters from trades.

If so how do i do this before going into options to delete my file and start fresh while adding my old creatures back after the tutorials?

and will they be level disobedient and does the game still remember my account subscription?

Pokemon Bank is an ACCOUNT storage, separate from your individual Pokemon Sword/Shield save file.
Obedience is associated with your number of gym badges in the Pokemon game itself, so while you can pick up your Lv50+ Pokemon from Bank to use in a new save file, those Pokemon will not see you as their "native" trainer since you started a new file with a new Trainer ID (it's generated randomly each time you start a save file).

Ok got that part down about obedience. Just need a numbered step by step transfer guide how to do this with Pokemon HOME Bank and re-transfer them AFTER the tutorials. Mainly i'm planning to transfer my event starters, Zacian, Shiny event Zeraora, G-Max charizard from Leon and a few others.

I just want to enjoy the story again even if it becomes easy to rush/cheese through the game it with my lvl 50+ creatures

BCVM22

You don't need "a numbered step by step transfer guide." Use HOME to store the Pokémon you want to keep from your current Sword/Shield save file. Start a new Sword/Shield save file (everything you didn't remove will be erased). Play the new file until you get PC access. Use HOME to place the Pokémon back in the game. The end. There aren't any particular variables within the process that would make it more difficult than that.

I just want to enjoy the story again even if it becomes easy to rush/cheese through the game it with my lvl 50+ creatures

All of your battles up until the sixth Gym will involve you asking your Pokémon "please?" and often getting "no" in response. Especially at the beginning - the wider the gap between your Pokémon's level and your badge-dictated obedience, the less likely they are to obey.

The comparatively lower level of the early Gym Pokémon mean your Pokémon will probably be able to endure unreturned attacks long enough to strike one or two victorious blows, but you're going to spend a lot of time having the "please?"/"no" conversation.

Pokefan_1987

You don't need "a numbered step by step transfer guide." Use HOME to store the Pokémon you want to keep from your current Sword/Shield save file. Start a new Sword/Shield save file (everything you didn't remove will be erased). Play the new file until you get PC access. Use HOME to place the Pokémon back in the game. The end. There aren't any particular variables within the process that would make it more difficult than that.

All of your battles up until the sixth Gym will involve you asking your Pokémon "please?" and often getting "no" in response. Especially at the beginning - the wider the gap between your Pokémon's level and your badge-dictated obedience, the less likely they are to obey.

The comparatively lower level of the early Gym Pokémon mean your Pokémon will probably be able to endure unreturned attacks long enough to strike one or two victorious blows, but you're going to spend a lot of time having the "please?"/"no" conversation.

Still sounds fun good thing Pokemon HOME base box is free. Still the earliest access to boxes is the white rotom computer at Wedgehurst.

Pokefan_1987

Only one problem i never thought would happen. Disobedient Pokemon from a old save while they retain stats....they will sometimes enter Asleep condition. Better stock up on tons of Awakenings do any berries prevent hurt from confusion inflicted by disobedience?

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone have a spare galarica cuff (send in a trade) or a low level galarian slowbro

I can offer high level critters since too many are disobeying me or falling asleep before the first gyms (after importing) send me a pm for link trade???

Help received many thanks to Ghost94

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Pokefan_1987

Still for referrence here's my team despite the disobedience because a lot of my imports fell asleep.

Slowbro lvl 18 (thanks again to Ghost 94 for dlc galarian cuff item)
Raboot lvl 24
Leafeon lvl 17
Incineroar lvl 79 (to get Pangoro)
Pancham lvl 12
Dracozolt lvl 18 (Nickname Thunder)

any recommendations are welcome

Beb

I think I may have found a glitch, but I didn't know if anyone else had encountered this problem. My boyfriend and I were battling, and I was mowing him down with Morpeko's Aura Wheel (a physical move). He switched to his Ninetales holding a Rocky Helmet, so I would take damage from hitting it. No damage taken first time I hit. Thought it was maybe because of him switching in, rather than waiting for someone to faint. But the second time, I used Aura Wheel again and it fainted Ninetales, and the Rocky Helmet still did not kick in.

As far as I understand, Rocky Helmet is supposed to deal damage to all physical attackers. So why didn't it?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I think I may have found a glitch, but I didn't know if anyone else had encountered this problem. My boyfriend and I were battling, and I was mowing him down with Morpeko's Aura Wheel (a physical move). He switched to his Ninetales holding a Rocky Helmet, so I would take damage from hitting it. No damage taken first time I hit. Thought it was maybe because of him switching in, rather than waiting for someone to faint. But the second time, I used Aura Wheel again and it fainted Ninetales, and the Rocky Helmet still did not kick in.

As far as I understand, Rocky Helmet is supposed to deal damage to all physical attackers. So why didn't it?
Rocky Helmet only takes into effect when the holder is hit by a contact move (Aura Wheel is physical but the user does not make physical contact with the target). Unfortunately you have to consult an online resource or a strategy guide for what moves are considered contact moves as it is not stated in-game.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Rocky Helmet only takes into effect when the holder is hit by a contact move (Aura Wheel is physical but the user does not make physical contact with the target). Unfortunately you have to consult an online resource or a strategy guide for what moves are considered contact moves as it is not stated in-game.

On the other hand, you can make an educated guess based on the attack's description and its animations. Chances are, for instance, that any move involving punching and kicking would be a contact move, whereas moves that attack from a distance would be non-contact. Moves like Gunk Shot and Pyro Ball are physical but non-contact, for instance, because they involve projectiles. Shell Side Arm is contact if physical because it involves Slowbro wielding Shellder like a blunt weapon, and it's non-contact if special because Slowbro uses Shellder like a gun. This is something the Pokémon games are pretty consistent about.

Of course, the only way to know for sure is to look it up.

Nikomas

Okay, so I kind of came across something weird, my apologies if it's been discussed before, but there's literally no way you can use False Swipe on Ghost types in Galar. Foresight & Odor Sleuth are gone, & any Pokemon with Scrappy available as an ability can't learn the move. Aside from having one use a type-changing move then swapping to the False Swiper, is there no way to use a normal damage move on a Ghost in SwSh without a 2nd Pokemon?

Kinda annoying tbh

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
"Literally no way"

*proceeds to explain a way to do it*

That's without a 2nd Pokémon. Pokémon that learn moves like Soak have no overlap with Pokémon that can learn False Swipe.

Okay, so I kind of came across something weird, my apologies if it's been discussed before, but there's literally no way you can use False Swipe on Ghost types in Galar. Foresight & Odor Sleuth are gone, & any Pokemon with Scrappy available as an ability can't learn the move. Aside from having one use a type-changing move then swapping to the False Swiper, is there no way to use a normal damage move on a Ghost in SwSh without a 2nd Pokemon?

Kinda annoying tbh

And with what I said above aside, it can be done: Pancham and Pangoro can learn False Swipe via TM94, and Scrappy is their Hidden Ability. I think this is the only instance of it available in Sword and Shield at the time, even accounting for Isle of Armor.

Nikomas

And with what I said above aside, it can be done: Pancham and Pangoro can learn False Swipe via TM94, and Scrappy is their Hidden Ability. I think this is the only instance of it available in Sword and Shield at the time, even accounting for Isle of Armor.

Ah, thank you! I'd completely missed them. ^u^;;