• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hello there! I hope this is the right thread to ask!
I started playing pkmn Sword a few days ago and I've already done some exchanges through wonder trade. I'm kinda worried because I received a Primarina nicknamed freepkm.com, which I freed after I found out it was hacked, and before that I received a lv. 100 Urshifu that originally came from a trainer name eevee.vip and I did the same thing ...
Now the issue is, I don't know if I did the right thing, or if this will have any consequences on my account. I've found articles that both say I could have kept them with no issue and articles that said I should get rid of them if I want to avoid anything bad happening to my account or the game itself.

Those Pokémon are definitely hacked, and they're essentially advertisements. These people want you to go to their website if you want more Pokémon like them, but it's a paid service. They're very shady businesses, though you don't need me to tell you that. (As tacky as they are, there are enough such requests that these guys can earn a living completely on selling hacked Pokémon. I don't know how they do their taxes though.)

These hackers go to great lengths to make sure their Pokémon are within the legal limits of the games. As a result, they are bound by the same limitations of legitimate members of their species. However, they will be rejected on sight at official competitions, which have officials check every single Pokémon you bring to them. Aside from that, you won't suffer any consequences for having them. The people at The Pokémon Company, Game Freak, and Nintendo know you obtained them through no fault of your own. Some players will frown on those who use them though.

Me, I keep them in a box in the PC to use for breeding later on. The Pokémon themselves were created through illegal means, but their offspring will be 100% legitimate.

And yes, you absolutely went to the correct topic on this!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Need advice with these things in Max Raid Battles

Are there any reliable counters G-Max Toxtricity? This thing defeated me 9 times in a row this morning. Even a poison/electric immune Steelix got hid ridiculously hard by Max Phantasm

Also is there any way to prevent Max Raid Boltund's Electrify (makes target moves Electric type) from working. This is annoying for ground types since the effect of Electrify does not go away and it shuts down all common counter moves.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!

Are there any reliable counters G-Max Toxtricity? This thing defeated me 9 times in a row this morning. Even a poison/electric immune Steelix got hid ridiculously hard by Max Phantasm

If you're on the Y-comm and invite people, you should easily defeat it. If not, use a Lv. 100 mon. A good counter is a Sandaconda

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hi. Need some clarification. I've been seeing level 20 Mewtwo around. Are they legal?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Hi. Need some clarification. I've been seeing level 20 Mewtwo around. Are they legal?
Don't know what the levels are like when you bring in Pokemon from Pokemon Go but in all main series games so far Mewtwo cannot be obtained at Level 20.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Don't know what the levels are like when you bring in Pokemon from Pokemon Go but in all main series games so far Mewtwo cannot be obtained at Level 20.
Alright. Cause all the level 20 Mewtwo I have seen are from Go.

So that's interesting.

Just wanna make sure this isn't another, "shiny event porygon-z" situation.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Also is there any way to prevent Max Raid Boltund's Electrify (makes target moves Electric type) from working. This is annoying for ground types since the effect of Electrify does not go away and it shuts down all common counter moves.

I have a Level 100 Silvally with Ground Memory, Level 100 Palossand, and Level 100 Sandaconda, all of whom work pretty well for me against Gigantamax Toxtricity. As for Boltund, you just have to hope you weren't targeted for Electrify. I rarely ever see Boltund use it as the subject of Max Raid Battles.

Ariella24

Hi guys,

I'm just looking for a trusted trade partner to evolve my boldore. Finding it really hard to do it with random strangers in this game. Anybody interested?

Cheers,
Ariella24

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone have strategies for Max Raid Manectric. This thing has insane damage against its ground weaknesses. I often play while on a bus ride home from work but it has no wi-fi.

Have tried creatures like Zacian and Rhyperior (with high horsepower) and even lightning rod.

Should we make a thread for sharing max raid strategies for encounters?

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
That thread might be useful. I would use some lvl 100 mons if you have any, and a good counter is sandaconda

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
My general strategies are:
Rusted sword Zacian
Choice specs Eternatus

Probably quite obvious but between them they cover the majority of raids for the single player. If there's a quad weakness I can exploit with another pokemon, that gets used instead. It generally come down to luck on getting reasonable partners when you're on your own.

Pokefan_1987

If there's a quad weakness I can exploit with another pokemon, that gets used instead. It generally come down to luck on getting reasonable partners when you're on your own.

I always check on those weakness but its like Gamefreak doesn't let them work in raids.

It took 2 tries but even my lvl 65 sandaconda did struggle hard against manectric but i beat him.

Damn i hate the absurd defense these raid bosses get. and the fact that most ai assistant trainers use weak pokemon or terrible movesets.

Also nearly lost against a quite powerful Frosmoth which had the Shield Dust ability which prevents additional effects made by attacks. But beloved level 100 Incineroar pulled through. That Frosmoth was eating special attacks like candy but couldn't handle physical attacks.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I always check on those weakness but its like Gamefreak doesn't let them work in raids.

It took 2 tries but even my lvl 65 sandaconda did struggle hard against manectric but i beat him.

Damn i hate the absurd defense these raid bosses get. and the fact that most ai assistant trainers use weak pokemon or terrible movesets.

Also nearly lost against a quite powerful Frosmoth which had the Shield Dust ability which prevents additional effects made by attacks. But beloved level 100 Incineroar pulled through. That Frosmoth was eating special attacks like candy but couldn't handle physical attacks.
That's the point of Max Raids. They're made to be challenging. It has different mechanics from normal battles, so they really shouldn't be treated as such. A 5 star raid is a Lv60 Pokemon, and since it gets multiple attacks per round it's not like a same-level Poke is any advantage.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So I'm confused on the availability of HA Nickit. I remember seeing on the site that HA Nickit wasn't available, and there are several articles from a few months ago corroborating this (here's one posted in November that indicated HA Nickit wasn't available as of 11/25/2019), but as of now, the site says HA Nickit is available:

https://serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/nickit/

However, Nickit isn't in the Isle of Armor Dex, so I'm confused about how HA Nickit was made available? Where is it found? What changed to make it available? Or even is it available? Someone clear this up for me.