• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Just for reference, a question for those who did the Isle of Armor Diglett hunt manually without a guide, how hard was it and how long did it take to complete?

KillerDraco

Just for reference, a question for those who did the Isle of Armor Diglett hunt manually without a guide, how hard was it and how long did it take to complete?

It's not hard per se but it is tedious. Those Diglett hairs popping up out of the ground are subtle so if you're not paying attention you can end up missing them. I did find it easier to locate them at night, though, because the contrast between the hairs and the ground is a little easier to notice against a darker palette.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just captured Suicune. Shadowrider Calyrex, and Regirock. I have a few important questions regarding progression.

Capturing Legendaries in general: Does anyone know any reliable/viable/bulky creatures that can use inflict sleep conditions with yawn or sleep powder? i want to experiment with sleep since i couldn't use paralysis and he damaged several of my team and broke at least 15 ultra ball.

Regarding the Regi's and capturing the birds: and are all 5 needed or is either Regieleki /Regidraco enough (4 in total) to unlock the Ultra Beasts? Also are Beast Ball required for them or it doesn't matter after finding one?

Zygarde: Is his 100% Form in the game after obtaining his cube or is he limited to dragon and dog forms?

KillerDraco

Capturing Legendaries in general: Does anyone know any reliable/viable/bulky creatures that can use inflict sleep conditions with yawn or sleep powder? i want to experiment with sleep since i couldn't use paralysis and he damaged several of my team and broke at least 15 ultra ball.

Depends on what you're up against. I mainly used Venusaur for sleeping but wouldn't recommend that against Galar Articuno.

Regarding the Regi's and capturing the birds: and are all 5 needed or is either Regieleki /Regidraco enough (4 in total) to unlock the Ultra Beasts? Also are Beast Ball required for them or it doesn't matter after finding one?

You only need one or the other new Regi, not both, to complete Peony's request. You do need both to trigger the Regigigas event, though.

Because the UBs themselves are in Dynamax Adventures, which has a guaranteed 100% catch rate, the type of ball you use is irrelevant, so it's a great opportunity to catch UBs in non-Beast Balls if you want.

Zygarde: Is his 100% Form in the game after obtaining his cube or is he limited to dragon and dog forms?

The Zygarde I caught in Dynamax Adventures already had Power Construct and thus had access to its 100% form.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Just captured Suicune. Shadowrider Calyrex, and Regirock. I have a few important questions regarding progression.

Also, when using Sleep Powder, remember that X Accuracy is your best friend. Even Hypnosis can be constant with it.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer

I would also add that you should look up the targets moveset. Pokemon like Regidrago and Regigigas have sets that can be entirely neutralised by Mimikyu and Sableye respectively.

Pokefan_1987

Found Celesteela in my 3rd adventure. Could it have something to do with having finding Kanto Moltres (previous raid) and Regirock or sheer luck if i was with a player who has found Ultra Beasts before me?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Found Celesteela in my 3rd adventure. Could it have something to do with having finding Kanto Moltres (previous raid) and Regirock or sheer luck if i was with a player who has found Ultra Beasts before me?
It is down to luck, don’t think previous Dynamax Adventures have any influence on the final boss of the following one.

Pokefan_1987

Still most guides say you need all 3 new birds all the old kanto birds, the 3 hoenn registeel,regirock and regice and least one of the new Regieleki or Regidraco before Ultra Beasts appear.

After Celesteela i went into the Uxie mission (I already have Kyurem as well) given by Peony's daughter but we found a Tyrantrum so i marked Uxie for later and took the T-Rex with me, i love it. Red Tyrannosaurus Zord go.

KillerDraco

Still most guides say you need all 3 new birds all the old kanto birds, the 3 hoenn registeel,regirock and regice and least one of the new Regieleki or Regidraco before Ultra Beasts appear.

The trigger for the Ultra Beasts is completing Peony's three requests. So once you catch Calyrex, either Regieleki or Regidraco, and all three of the Galarian Legendary Birds, and show all of them to Peony, he'll relocate to the Max Lair and UBs will enter your potential final boss pool for your Dynamax Adventures at that point.

You can still find them before that if you join someone else's, though.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Was it ever confirmed that releasing a max lair legendary pokemon lets you recatch it? Accidentally used a pokeball instead of a premier ball for yveltal.

Edit: Never mind. Just experimented with Kyogre. Turns out once it's been caught, thats it. So no complete premier ball set for me... Oh well!

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's not hard per se but it is tedious. Those Diglett hairs popping up out of the ground are subtle so if you're not paying attention you can end up missing them. I did find it easier to locate them at night, though, because the contrast between the hairs and the ground is a little easier to notice against a darker palette.

Thanks for the tip. I might try that when I resume playing the games.

I used Cryogonal and wrecked Zygarde.

I need some help. I can seem to get the Oleana event to trigger at the old cemetery. I've talked to her in the Galar Mine. The only thing I can think of is there's been weather; rain and snow, each time I've gone to look for her. I also don't have Poipole yet, but I've caught all the legendaries in the CT.
I checked on a clear night, too. nothing. no idea what i'm missing. really wish someone could tell what we're missing!
I finally got it to happen. didnt change anything in the game, didnt progress anymore, it was snowing. still need 2 legendaries to complete the pokedex. no idea why it happened then, but not all the days prior. but glad i got to enjoy the little scene

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
So, I was wondering if you have access to your boxes during whatever the equivalent of the Elite Four is (I don't know what that is and I want to find out myself. I've a feeling it isn't the Elite Four though). Logically it would be a no, but I would like confirmation on that. It will help me decide on what Pokemon I use.

You're right, you can't access your boxes during the league battles, just like in the gym leader ones.

Does the EXP share distribute EVs as well?

Yes, unfortunately. You'll just have to box the mons you don't want to get the EVs for.

myumat00

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Hey everyone first time here, im on my first playthrough of Sword rn and I though Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimmsnarl looked pretty cool and good so I'm working on leveling him up (currently 40) but my main problem is he keeps getting ONE-SHOT by any fairy attack. He's also weak to bug, fighting, poison, and steel. My question is, what can I do about this? Can i give him a certain item that's not one-use? How do I keep him from dying so easily to some pokemon?

KillerDraco

Hey everyone first time here, im on my first playthrough of Sword rn and I though Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimmsnarl looked pretty cool and good so I'm working on leveling him up (currently 40) but my main problem is he keeps getting ONE-SHOT by any fairy attack. He's also weak to bug, fighting, poison, and steel. My question is, what can I do about this? Can i give him a certain item that's not one-use? How do I keep him from dying so easily to some pokemon?

They're not actually weak to Bug or Fighting, those deal neutral damage to the Grimmsnarl family. But that's just how weaknesses go, your Pokemon will take heavy if not lethal damage from their weaknesses. You utilize your other team members to beat the things that one single Pokemon cannot.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The best thing to do is not send Grimmsnarl out against anything with Fairy attacks, and add a Poison or Steel Pokemon to your party to counter Fairy. I'd say Corviknight is your best option for Steel because it only has two weaknesses in Fire and Electric. I'd also recommend a Ground-type to cover Grimmsnarl's other weaknesses; Mudsdale, Golurk and Sandaconda are all ones I've had a lot of success with. Plus once you get to the big battle against Eternatus you'll need a strong Ground or Psychic-type anyway.

My question to the thread:
Along with having all three Swords of Justice in your party and making a curry in the pot on the little lake island, what else do you need to do for Keldeo to spawn? Because I've made four curries in that pot so far and still no Keldeo for me.

KillerDraco

Along with having all three Swords of Justice in your party and making a curry in the pot on the little lake island, what else do you need to do for Keldeo to spawn? Because I've made four curries in that pot so far and still no Keldeo for me.

Have you shown them all to Sonia? Once you've triggered everything else, a pair of footprints will appear by the curry pot saying something to the effect of them being footprints like you've never seen before. Then making curry will trigger Keldeo to appear.

The best thing to do is not send Grimmsnarl out against anything with Fairy attacks, and add a Poison or Steel Pokemon to your party to counter Fairy. I'd say Corviknight is your best option for Steel because it only has two weaknesses in Fire and Electric. I'd also recommend a Ground-type to cover Grimmsnarl's other weaknesses; Mudsdale, Golurk and Sandaconda are all ones I've had a lot of success with. Plus once you get to the big battle against Eternatus you'll need a strong Ground or Psychic-type anyway.

Did you click on the footprints first?
That's the only thing i can think of besides what you're doing

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Have you shown them all to Sonia? Once you've triggered everything else, a pair of footprints will appear by the curry pot saying something to the effect of them being footprints like you've never seen before. Then making curry will trigger Keldeo to appear.
Did you click on the footprints first?
That's the only thing i can think of besides what you're doing
Yes, I showed each one to Sonia as I caught them, and I clicked on Keldeo's footprints and it comes up with the message saying these aren't like any footprints you've seen before, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong.