• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
Hi! I was wondering if Switch Online would work with users other than my main one for Sword and Shield. I already got all the Dynamax Adventures legends in those games (so I can’t participate in other people’s), but I have not on my secondary saves. I mainly want to participate in other people’s Adventure raids so I can try to get shiny legendaries easier. If I set up a Nintendo account for my secondary save, will I be able to use other people’s raids?
I think Switch Online is bound specifically to the account that it's registered to. I made a secondary save (profile) on my switch and it can't connect to the internet.
Though I think Switch Online has some kind of "family plan" option that costs extra to allow multiple profiles to use the same online account, so maybe look into the settings and options if you don't mind the little extra pay bump? Up to you though.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I think Switch Online is bound specifically to the account that it's registered to. I made a secondary save (profile) on my switch and it can't connect to the internet.
Though I think Switch Online has some kind of "family plan" option that costs extra to allow multiple profiles to use the same online account, so maybe look into the settings and options if you don't mind the little extra pay bump? Up to you though.
And would deleting my Shield save data also delete my Sword data? Stupid question, I know, but another user accidentally deleted their Sword file while trying to delete their Shield file.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
And would deleting my Shield save data also delete my Sword data? Stupid question, I know, but another user accidentally deleted their Sword file while trying to delete their Shield file.
I mean, if you're deleting save data from the Switch menu, just make sure you're selecting the correct game.

Dentim

Question: so passing moves from a parent to another only works if they're the same species, but does this also differentiate between regional forms? For example: from Kantonian Exeggutor to an Alolan Exeggutor?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Question: so passing moves from a parent to another only works if they're the same species, but does this also differentiate between regional forms? For example: from Kantonian Exeggutor to an Alolan Exeggutor?
Exeggutor is a bit of poor example since both regional forms evolve from Exeggcute. I presume it will work with regional forms if they can inherit the move in question. Kanto Vulpix would be able to pass Hypnosis to an Alolan Vulpix (and vice versa) for instance since both forms can inherit the move.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
You should be asking about the unevolved Pokemon, since egg moves depend on what actually comes from the egg. Exeggcute, regardless of Alolan/Kanto variants have the same exact list of egg moves since they both come from Exeggcute. If you're talking about level-up moves that Exeggutor learns, it depends if Exeggcute can learn the move in the first place. 2 Exeggutor that know Giga Drain from either variant can pass Giga Drain to Exeggcute (if both know the move) or you can just level up Exeggcute to learn it. But you cannot pass Dragon Hammer to Exeggcute ever.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
You should be asking about the unevolved Pokemon, since egg moves depend on what actually comes from the egg. Exeggcute, regardless of Alolan/Kanto variants have the same exact list of egg moves since they both come from Exeggcute. If you're talking about level-up moves that Exeggutor learns, it depends if Exeggcute can learn the move in the first place. 2 Exeggutor that know Giga Drain from either variant can pass Giga Drain to Exeggcute (if both know the move) or you can just level up Exeggcute to learn it. But you cannot pass Dragon Hammer to Exeggcute ever.
Whilst I'm not sure of the answer, it seems to me the question isn't related to the egg produced. Instead, they appear to be asking if a parent can pass an egg move to the other parent of the same species irrespective of region. My gut feeling says yes on this but could be wrong.

Howie

Does anyone know if male Indeedee is available in the Secrets of the Jungle den event? According to the Serebii den website, it seems like only the female Indeedee is available, but just wanted to confirm.

Thank you!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Does anyone know if male Indeedee is available in the Secrets of the Jungle den event? According to the Serebii den website, it seems like only the female Indeedee is available, but just wanted to confirm.

Thank you!
Male isn’t available in the event, but you can get one in other raids, either in the Y-comm or the Wild Area. I can’t remember which version the male is exclusive to for native raid dens.

renkinjutsushi

I had a gmax shiny butterfree I caught from a raid a long time ago that was at a specific place in one of my boxes (for VGC comps), and now all of a sudden it's gone. I have tried using the search function and it's not there. I also looked at home, and still not there.

I didn't send it on any pokejobs (checked anyway), nor have I tried to breed it (also checked) or trade it. It's just... gone.

I have obviously saved multiple points since I first caught it, and it has always been there (like whenever I'm flicking between boxes).

What's also strange is the Butterfree pokedex entry; it doesn't have a shiny mark/entry, but only a male entry. When I was looking for that shiny one, I found a non-shiny non-GMAX female Butterfree that I caught... but the pokedex is not registering a female?

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This just came to me: What happens if you try transferring in a Pre-Gen Eight Game Pokémon with a move that no longer exists?

Does your Switch explode?
When a Pokemon with a move that is not available in SwSh is transferred over, the move will still be there, but it will have no effect whatsoever. The game will tell you that it's best to just remove the move.

arisniko

Hello everyone.
I havent played seriously since Gen 3 but I was keeping up and since Christmas I am neck deep in Pokemon Shield and loving it.
Question though. On Serebii and Bulba and everywhere it says that in some Crown Tundra dens eg Slippery slope I can find Gmax Coalossal in Shield (In wild area I cant) but... I have tried all dens that say so with purple beams etc, I have spent HOURS changing the date and retrying (I even went day by day to 2023 lol) and Gmax Coalossal is nowhere to be found with 15% chance whereas other Gmax dens eg Butterfly who's also in slippery slope , I got in under 10 mins.
Anyone know whats up with that?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
First off, GMax Coalossal dens are exclusive to Sword.

Second, you can use Max Soup if you purchased the DLC.

Also, be sure to note there is a questions thread.

arisniko

As I said from serebii to bulbapedia to everyhting else it says that the dens of crown tundra in Shield HAVE gmax Coalossal , hence my frustration the last couple of days and eventual question here.

I know I can use soups but Id rather use mints and the occasional bottle cup than breed a perfect mon.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How does breeding hidden abilities work for pokémon whose parents were given an Ability Patch?

Will the parent(s) still be able to pass their HA onto an egg, or is it like the nature mints where the egg can only get the parent’s original ability?

NeedsAName

What levels should my team be at for þe series of battles (whatever it's called) in Wyndon, and can I access the PC between battles? My team currently consists of (rotating) Cinderace, Corviknight, Grimmsnarl, Diggersby, Tyranitar, Orbeetle, and Toxtricity.