• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
My memory is bit dodgy.

Let's just say I have Eternatus with Modest nature. I want to increase its Special Attack (252) and Speed (252) along with bit of HPs (4) to the max. I just buy 26 Calcium (Sp. Atk) and use it on Eternatus first, then buy 26 Carbos (Spd) and use it on Eternatus, then buy 1 HP Up and use it last. Then just level Eternatus up by 1 (using Rare Candy or the like) and all stats associated with what I was talking about are maxed out.

Do I get this right?

If I'm wrong, then I'd have to do the old fashion way by battling the low level wild Pokemon around 252 times each (depending on how much EVs they distribute) and 4 times for HPs.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
My memory is bit dodgy.

Let's just say I have Eternatus with Modest nature. I want to increase its Special Attack (252) and Speed (252) along with bit of HPs (4) to the max. I just buy 26 Calcium (Sp. Atk) and use it on Eternatus first, then buy 26 Carbos (Spd) and use it on Eternatus, then buy 1 HP Up and use it last. Then just level Eternatus up by 1 (using Rare Candy or the like) and all stats associated with what I was talking about are maxed out.

Do I get this right?

If I'm wrong, then I'd have to do the old fashion way by battling the low level wild Pokemon around 252 times each (depending on how much EVs they distribute) and 4 times for HPs.
The effects of the vitamins take affect immediately so no need to level up. Also wings can raise stats by 1 EV per wing. So I normally buy 25 of a vitamin then use 2 corresponding wings to get the 252. But 26 of the vitamin would work the same. Just make sure you do the one you only need 4 of last. But otherwise aside from the leveling you seem to have a handle on things.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
The effects of the vitamins take affect immediately so no need to level up. Also wings can raise stats by 1 EV per wing. So I normally buy 25 of a vitamin then use 2 corresponding wings to get the 252. But 26 of the vitamin would work the same. Just make sure you do the one you only need 4 of last. But otherwise aside from the leveling you seem to have a handle on things.
I see. Thank you. Last time I've earnestly did the EVs training was back in D/P game. shrug Only thing I have to do is to grind for pokedollars. (I know about Luxury ball trick being bought using Watts).

RPBaskett

I have 2 Switches. I am trying to trade between the two consoles with one game running Sword and the other running Shield, mostly for trade evolution purposes. It seems insanely complicated to do so far. It seems like I have to literally create two separate user accounts which means I have to have to separate Switch Online subscriptions. Is there not just a simple way to trade evolve a Pokémon with yourself if you have two Nintendo Switches or is it really this moronically designed that it requires all of this?

Please help. Thanks!

ShadowForce720

I have 2 Switches. I am trying to trade between the two consoles with one game running Sword and the other running Shield, mostly for trade evolution purposes. It seems insanely complicated to do so far. It seems like I have to literally create two separate user accounts which means I have to have to separate Switch Online subscriptions. Is there not just a simple way to trade evolve a Pokémon with yourself if you have two Nintendo Switches or is it really this moronically designed that it requires all of this?

Please help. Thanks!
You don’t need a Nintendo online subscription if your just trying to trade locally.

Here is a link to a ign article on local and online trading in sword and shield that should help you out:

RPBaskett

Is there a way to turn off locked random raids while staying online in Sword and Shield? I'm constantly seeing the Pokemon I want to find in raids that are locked by randos. I'm never going to be able to join a locked rando raid, so why the f do I need to see everyones' locked raids? There must be a way to stop seeing these...

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Is there a way to turn off locked random raids while staying online in Sword and Shield? I'm constantly seeing the Pokemon I want to find in raids that are locked by randos. I'm never going to be able to join a locked rando raid, so why the f do I need to see everyones' locked raids? There must be a way to stop seeing these...
Unfortunately at this time there is no way to filter out the locked raids. So right now you’re just going to have to refresh your list until you find what you are looking for.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
As a Reminder that we have a Wifi Centre Sub-forum for Trades: https://forums.serebii.net/forums/8th-gen-wi-fi-center.341/

My Q: When is the competion that you get a Shiny Galarian Bird Trio, and have I missed the first one?
The first one is on today until the 20th. You still have time to battle. https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/onlinecompetitions/2022internationalchallengefebruary.shtml

You have to battle in at least 3 battles to get shiny Articuno, but you don’t have to win.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So I forgot to register for the Online Competition and will miss out on getting Shiny Galatians Zapdos. When it gets released, could anyone lend me one to register in my main SwSh saves and Home? I promise to give it back as soon as I’m done. I just want all three Shinies of the Galarian forms of the Birds in my Dex for completion purposes.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I did manage to just buy Pokemon Shield at GameStop on Pre-Owned for $36 along with Pre-Owned Pokemon Shiny Pearl (which I managed to get Oak's Letter in time). I was wondering about the Serial Codes that I was thinking of going to be obtaining Shiny Zacian, Dada Zarude, and Shiny Celebi by finding codes online through eBay, YouTube, and/or through Google through Serial Code Generator. I did saw that some people were selling Dada Zarude and Shiny Celebi codes in eBay through $5. I did tested out on Pokemon Shiny Pearl on the MERRYCHR1STMAS that it did said it was already expired, but I was wondering does this really going to effect the same way the unused codes or used codes in Pokemon Shield that Single Use Serial Codes Events or it still works? I wanted to make sure if I didn't get scammed if I accidently buy the serial code cards on eBay or find a code online that won't work anymore.

Last edited: