• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Phil Rohan

I did manage to just buy Pokemon Shield at GameStop on Pre-Owned for $36 along with Pre-Owned Pokemon Shiny Pearl (which I managed to get Oak's Letter in time). I was wondering about the Serial Codes that I was thinking of going to be obtaining Shiny Zacian, Dada Zarude, and Shiny Celebi by finding codes online through eBay, YouTube, and/or through Google through Serial Code Generator. I did saw that some people were selling Dada Zarude and Shiny Celebi codes in eBay through $5. I did tested out on Pokemon Shiny Pearl on the MERRYCHR1STMAS that it did said it was already expired, but I was wondering does this really going to effect the same way the unused codes or used codes in Pokemon Shield that Single Use Serial Codes Events or it still works? I wanted to make sure if I didn't get scammed if I accidently buy the serial code cards on eBay or find a code online that won't work anymore.
Unfortunately, all event serial codes have a time limit and won't work after the given expiration date. Also, unless it's stated that the same code will work for everyone, each code can only be used once.

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
Unfortunately, all event serial codes have a time limit and won't work after the given expiration date. Also, unless it's stated that the same code will work for everyone, each code can only be used once.
Dang, thanks for the answer. I might need to use GPS to find a Zarude and a Shiny Celebi instead.

By the way, if I mess around in the Time Settings on Nintendo Switch to the date where the Serial Codes started at, can that be activated from the Time Setting at?

Phil Rohan

Dang, thanks for the answer. I might need to use GPS to find a Zarude and a Shiny Celebi instead.

By the way, if I mess around in the Time Settings on Nintendo Switch to the date where the Serial Codes started at, can that be activated from the Time Setting at?
I've no idea, but messing about with the time settings temporarily disables certain features in the game, so it might not working anyway. Couldn't hurt trying, though.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

The serial codes work through the internal clock on the Nintendo server so messing with the time on your system won’t make the codes suddenly work again.

EvanMyBro

Hey all, so I recently did a dynamax adventure and chose a gigantamax duraludon for my first pick. I figured at the end I would just take that one but for some reason when it ended he was not an option. Is there a reason for that?? Thanks in advance.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Hey all, so I recently did a dynamax adventure and chose a gigantamax duraludon for my first pick. I figured at the end I would just take that one but for some reason when it ended he was not an option. Is there a reason for that?? Thanks in advance.
Only pokemon you catch in a standard dynamax adventure can be taken afterward. The original rental option is not included in that.

AxionalX

Okay, so this really weird thing happened just now! I was in Motostoke Riverbank and As I was checking one of the Dens there I fell on a 5star Max Raid Ditto (Impostor). I am quite shocked since I can’t seem to find anywhere online that this could have been a Ditto spot.. Can anyone explain how that might have happened? Thanks in advance guys!

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Did anyone get the shiny galar Moltres yet I keep trying to go to battle rewards and it tells me my software isn't updated to receive the gift

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Did anyone get the shiny galar Moltres yet I keep trying to go to battle rewards and it tells me my software isn't updated to receive the gift
I believe the event ends on the 18th, which would be tomorrow? So just wait another day and it should be available!

ThePDM

I have been farming Tsareena for grassy seeds from the world map (Stony Wilderness, using changing date while in a den trick to respawn her). And after 22 attempts so far, nothing.

Strat: noivern frisks her and if she has grassy seed (which i desperately need), then butterfree with compound eyes steals it. Problem is...she NEVER has a grassy seed. Every site says 50% chance so clearly im doing something wrong. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

PDM

fishybunny_12

Does anyone know why I can’t use an ability capsule or patch on my Dracovisch? It’s ability is Sand Rush and I want to change it to strong jaw.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does anyone know why I can’t use an ability capsule or patch on my Dracovisch? It’s ability is Sand Rush and I want to change it to strong jaw.
Sand Rush is Dracovish’s Hidden Ability. An Ability Capsule (which changes standard abilities between another) can’t change to or from a HA. An Ability Patch (which changes regular abilities to HA but not vice versa) wouldn’t work either so unfortunately you’re stuck with Sand Rush.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Maybe a stupid question but do we know what nature was Hop's Toxel?
I'm just wondering into which Toxtricity it would evolve:)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Maybe a stupid question but do we know what nature was Hop's Toxel?
I'm just wondering into which Toxtricity it would evolve:)
Don't think we will know as while a datamine of the Sword/Shield trainers' rosters can be found on Smogon, it does not list the Pokemon's natures.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Don't think we will know as while a datamine of the Sword/Shield trainers' rosters can be found on Smogon, it does not list the Pokemon's natures.
Ok, thanks for answering. Sad we don't know. I think Amped suits him better but that's just me.

Golden_Arcanine

Gonna ask a dumb question, but do you need to have caught Calyrex and the Horse in the game to get Reins of Unity? Or does importing them in get you the Reins?

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem
I got a question since I'm currently have the seventh gym badge as of right now and I don't have the Expansion Pass as of right now. (I was planning on going to GameStop on this Friday to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but I wasn't too sure if I might try purchasing Expansion Pass for Pokemon Shield this Friday yet or might wait a while)

1. Does going to DLC Islands The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra are completely locked before finishing up the main game by completing the League and becoming the Champion of Galar?
2. What are the main in-game Legendries in Shield that is not part of the Expansion Pass besides Zamazenta and Eternatus?
3. How do I look up the list of Requested Trades similar to how Pokémon X & Y handles like say if I wanted to get a Shiny Celebi and it saids they wanted this Pokémon up to Level 60 before trading Shiny Celebi as an example? (I was trying to look up through Press Y on the game)