1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield - HELP THREAD

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Is there a way to change the number on my jersey?

2. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

Thank you for the reply, i usually go to the lake on route 2 for the speed evs. Route 7 is great but the perserker are rather annoying. heck any fast running wild pokemon in the bushes is annoying if they interrupt your target selection. Route 2 is more guaranteed speed ev. what use are the repels in the game if 80% of the pokemon chase after you? does it deter the shaking grass areas from noticing you?

I got a growlithe yesterday, bred it fast for good nature and decent IV, it's an adamant bulky attacker. It's making Leon battle tower easier but he is still fast and dangerous with some Pokemon. Charizard, ice mime, aegislash and rhyperior remain dangerous. havent yet faced hacksr'us, dragapult or inteleon yet with the current chosen team but i know they'll hurt my team fast and hard given the chance. Arcanine has moved some of his pokemon into the "troublesome" category and i still need to be strategic about which i decide to use first and which of his to KO first...

can i use nintendo Eshop gift cards to pay for the online features? i dont like using any credit card for that purpose.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Ophie likes this.
  3. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

You can indeed use eShop cards to pay for Nintendo Switch Online. Most stores that sell eShop cards will also sell Nintendo Switch Online cards, which will simplify the process, since they're more than just eShop cards equal to Nintendo Switch Online subscription fees.

Perrserker's running speed is actually slower than the player character on foot; the same goes for Thievul. The only Pokémon that can outrun you on foot is Liepard, which I'm already targeting for Speed points. I also like Route 7 because there is an easy refresh point as the entrance to Route 8. What do you use for the lake on Route 2? Is it Zigzagoon?

4. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

thank you for the reply, ecards work well for me.

there is a small battle field near the professors house the southern/bottom edge has an entry to the lake. that lake leads to a small tributary to the starting town, there is also a small island in the lake. the zigzagoon are on the west side but i just go with arrokuda/barrakuda for the speed EVs. barraskuda are pretty common spawns on the water.

Ophie likes this.
  5. TheJoesaurus

TheJoesaurus Member

I have 2 Polteageists in my Pokémon boxes, one is authentic and one is not. How do I tell which is which? I've tried looking in the dex, but that won't tell me which one is which, just that I do have both

6. Ghost94

Ghost94 Legend Collector

You can see a sticker on the bottom inside lip of the authentic one when dynamaxed. The image here depicts it:
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/formchange.shtml

You can also use the item “Cracked Pot” to see if you can evolve the Sinestea. If its not compatible, then you have an authentic one.

Ophie likes this.
  7. Emboar_Rulez

How do I change my jersey number?

8. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Unfortunately once you have chosen your jersey number, it cannot be changed.

Emboar_Rulez likes this.
  9. Emboar_Rulez

Oh great

10. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

I had a male Galarian Darmanitan through trading on my Pokemon Shield, but he doesn't had a Zen Mode ability. Darumaka line are Sword exclusive so I couldn't find one in Shield. Can you get it with Zen Mode through breeding? Or is there any alternatives to get it?

11. Kingudora

Kingudora My favourite

It would have to have Zen Mode to be able to breed it down. If neither of the parents have the hidden ability, then it is not possible to get eggs with the hidden ability.

Ophie likes this.
  12. Bowyer

Bowyer New Member

Okay then. Thank you.

13. Emboar_Rulez

If you use galarian Farfetched in the battle tower and he gets 5 critical hits during that battle will he still evolve adterwards?

14. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

@Emboar_Rulez No, Battle Tower matches are treated like online battles. Whatever state your team was in when you began the battle, your team will revert back to that state after it finishes.

15. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

What are the odds of getting any other than bird and dino fossil in sword wilds?

16. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Master of Fire & Ice

I got Mew from a Pokéball Plus into Sword & Shield, and according to Serebii.net and Bulbapedia, Mew, as well as all other transfer exclusive Pokémon have Pokédex entries for both games. How do I unlock Mew's Pokédex entry? It may ultimately be unlocked thru Pokémon HOME, but has anyone figured out how that may work? Also, shouldn't the Alola and unobtainable non-Galarian (Such as normal Ponyta, Corsola, Farfetch'd, etc) forms be added to the "Transfer Only Pokémon" page?

17. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

No, because this site's databases don't treat regional forms as individual and distinct Pokémon for purposes of classification, nor do the in-game resources. The in-game Pokédex registers Rapidash as Galar Pokédex #334 regardless of whether it's Kantonian or Galarian, and I suspect that informs the makeup of this site's Pokédex database in definitive fashion.

Ophie likes this.
  18. DKN117

DKN117 Legend Tamer

I've just reached Wyndon (I got Sword way back on release day, but have had less time to play than I expected, hence why I've only just now gotten to the end city).
    I read ahead in IGN's guide and found out that the big league ending thing is composed of:

1. Back-to-back battles against Marnie and Hop, followed by a "celebratory dinner"
    2. Chasing after Oleana's minion
    3. Storming Rose Tower and taking on Oleana
    4. Sequential battles against Bede, Nessa, Bea, and Raihan
    5. A trip to the Slumbering Weald
    6. Heading to the Energy Plant to take on Rose and then Eternatus
    7. The fight against Leon

What I want to know is: after each of those sets of things, will I get chances to go level-grind and swap out my team? Or does the game force you to do it all (all the League battles, the whole Macro Cosmos / Eternatus debacle, and the Champion fight) back-to-back, no level-grinding elsewhere or team-swapping, so I'll need to pick a "dream team" that can cover every single opponent and is grinded all the way up to Champion-fighting levels?

19. DarthDoger

DarthDoger New Member

Hello, so I have a question:so, if you go to "Check summary" on your pokemon and you switch one arrow to the right you get a diagram of the stats. How can you increase these stats, is there even a way? I heard about getting the IV's up using various ways but this seems to be different than the IV's. I just finished the Eternatus fight and I don't want to sleep knowing I will never get a perfect one. Thank you to anyone who responds :)

20. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

You are able to swap out your team (and level up) in between all of those fights.