• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
2. I know that Hidden Ability Sinistea is available, but how about Hidden Ability Antique Form Sinistea.

I know Antique Form Polteageist can have Cursed Body, but seeing that Antique Form cannot be bred, is there any other way getting A.F. Sinistea?

Thanks in advance.

Though I can't answer your question about Weezing as I haven't yet attempted to bring in a Hidden Ability Weezing (or Koffing, for that matter), to my knowledge, you can't get the authentic Sinistea with Cursed Body. There are very few not-fully-evolved Pokémon available in Sword & Shield that can have Hidden Abilities, and Sinistea is not one ofthem.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Can you do a trade with a Link Code going both ways? Again, there are various settings on the Switch that can prevent you from interacting with other people, or at least getting notifications from other people. I can't think of more, but I know there are.

It may be that Internet where you're playing is unstable. Are you playing this wired or wirelessly? That can be a major factor depending on the model of Switch, your Internet service provider, and the Internet plan for your home.

I checked with Alolan Ninetales--no, they are not. The Kantonian Ninetales sprite is a lot bigger than the Alolan Ninetales sprite. (Vulpix and Corsola, on the other hand, didn't change in size.)

They are not, sadly.

Nope it won't let me do anything with the link code. The only thing that I'm able to do is do raid battles with both games. I haven't played the games for a couple days. I'm bummed out that now I can't use Pokemon Home anymore. I was able to successfully transfer over 3 boxes from Bank to Home, but when I tried transferring 32 boxes that I cloned, all are legit Pokemon. It said successfully transferred over, but when I reopened Home I received an error message. That says
Error Code: 2-ALZTA-0005
An error had occurred.
Returning to title screen...
Error code: 992
I have no idea what happened?
I did contact Pokemon.com they replied back saying that they will look into it and let me know soon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How do you register for official competitions? I’m trying to sign up for the international competition since registration starts today but I’m not sure where to look

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
How do you register for official competitions? I’m trying to sign up for the international competition since registration starts today but I’m not sure where to look
Been a while since I've entered but if memory recalls, you go to versus find "participate in an official competition" which I believe is a third option from casual and ranked battles.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I tried but it said there are no official competitions going on right now

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Nope it won't let me do anything with the link code. The only thing that I'm able to do is do raid battles with both games. I haven't played the games for a couple days. I'm bummed out that now I can't use Pokemon Home anymore. I was able to successfully transfer over 3 boxes from Bank to Home, but when I tried transferring 32 boxes that I cloned, all are legit Pokemon. It said successfully transferred over, but when I reopened Home I received an error message. That says
Error Code: 2-ALZTA-0005
An error had occurred.
Returning to title screen...
Error code: 992
I have no idea what happened?
I did contact Pokemon.com they replied back saying that they will look into it and let me know soon.

Since I'm out of ideas of what it could possibly be, go into your Switch options and name as many of them as you can find. Skip anything that has private information (like passwords, IP addresses, physical addresses, etc.).

As for Pokémon HOME, that's the error, if I recall correctly, where you're using an outdated version. Check to see that you have Version 1.0.8.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Since I'm out of ideas of what it could possibly be, go into your Switch options and name as many of them as you can find. Skip anything that has private information (like passwords, IP addresses, physical addresses, etc.).

As for Pokémon HOME, that's the error, if I recall correctly, where you're using an outdated version. Check to see that you have Version 1.0.8.
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for all your help!
As for Pokémon Home on the Switch, I got it fixed. I updated it. it works fine now. :)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
To those who are more experienced with IVs, I just caught a Hattrem with a Quiet nature but the judge function said its Special Attack IV is “No good.” I gave it a Brave Mint because its Attack IV is “Fantastic” but it hardly knows any physical moves unless I evolve it into Hatterene, which I’m not sure if I want to do.

I want to keep this Hattrem partly because I don’t want to spend countless hours catching &/or breeding to find the perfect one, and partly because it has a Rowdy stamp.

Based on people’s experience with IVs & competitive battling, is there any advice on how I can raise or make due with this pokémon until it reaches level 100 & I can IV train it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
To those who are more experienced with IVs, I just caught a Hattrem with a Quiet nature but the judge function said its Special Attack IV is “No good.” I gave it a Brave Mint because its Attack IV is “Fantastic” but it hardly knows any physical moves unless I evolve it into Hatterene, which I’m not sure if I want to do.

I want to keep this Hattrem partly because I don’t want to spend countless hours catching &/or breeding to find the perfect one, and partly because it has a Rowdy stamp.

Based on people’s experience with IVs & competitive battling, is there any advice on how I can raise or make due with this pokémon until it reaches level 100 & I can IV train it?

It depends on what you want to use this Pokémon for, what the other Pokémon on the team are, and how much time you have. A physical-attacking Hatterene is definitely not a bad choice, but as you mentioned, that's going to require you to be patient. Certainly, Play Rough is a must to hold you over until Level 42 (though, of course, there's no reason to stop using Play Rough afterward), so make sure you got a TR90 to spare.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It depends on what you want to use this Pokémon for, what the other Pokémon on the team are, and how much time you have. A physical-attacking Hatterene is definitely not a bad choice, but as you mentioned, that's going to require you to be patient. Certainly, Play Rough is a must to hold you over until Level 42 (though, of course, there's no reason to stop using Play Rough afterward), so make sure you got a TR90 to spare.
Thanks for the advice. If anything I may just stick with a physical Hatterene since I feel like I need more of a variety of moves besides Play Rough or Brutal Swing. Plus based on its pokédex entries, it still fits the rest of my team, which are based around the concept of brutish, aggressive, reckless, & intimidating pokémon (Perrserker, Centiskorch, Darmanitan, Melmetal).

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I’ll make this short. Does anyone know why fixing the camera in the Wild Area is available when using a full controller/2 Joycons but when using the Casual Controls(1 Joy Con) its absent? They seem to dedicate L/R & ZL/ZR as optional A buttons but that seems redundant. Didn’t Gamefreak think “Oh let us allow you use of 1 Joy Con in the Wild Area but make it extra hard to navigate in it”. Couldn’t they just assign the Z button as the Fix Camera function when using Casual Controls?‍ Is there a way to give feedback? Like when a patch is released, who notifies them of an issue??

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I started up the game after not playing it for a few days. Went to the open world where the raids are and still hardly no raids around! Only 1 and its Grimmsnarl. What is going on?? What happened to all the raid battles?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I started up the game after not playing it for a few days. Went to the open world where the raids are and still hardly no raids around! Only 1 and its Grimmsnarl. What is going on?? What happened to all the raid battles?

The later in the day you start playing, the fewer active dens there will be.

Sometimes, though, you just won't get a lot of them even if you're playing as the time rolls over past midnight. It's a matter of chance.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
PokeEarth says you can Deliver Food in Hulbury Daily, but i cant figure it out. I think your supposed to talk to the chef in Captains Table, but he's staring at the wall and wont say a thing.

Am i doing something wrong?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
PokeEarth says you can Deliver Food in Hulbury Daily, but i cant figure it out. I think your supposed to talk to the chef in Captains Table, but he's staring at the wall and wont say a thing.

It’s probably the angle your facing him. Try talking to him from different standing positions. Sometimes I get stuck talking to Nurse Joy in a Center when I’m trying to access the Rotom computer thingy and I am slightly off facing it.

Kingudora

My favourite

The quest is not available until you defeat Leon, so you have to do that first if you haven't already.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
The quest is not available until you defeat Leon, so you have to do that first if you haven't already.

Well there we go, just defeated him last Night.

Wouldn't have known that just by looking at PokeEarth.

:D Thanks :D

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Question about the Max Raid Battles. I have 2 Switches. One with Shield(beat main game), and Sword(Got Fly ability). In Shield i found a Pyukumuku in a Max Raid & I used My Sword file to join it. After that raid, I found Applin’s evo but in my Sword game, the stamp doesnt appear for me to join. Is it always this difficult to do Local wireless for Max Raid Battles??

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Question about the Max Raid Battles. I have 2 Switches. One with Shield(beat main game), and Sword(Got Fly ability). In Shield i found a Pyukumuku in a Max Raid & I used My Sword file to join it. After that raid, I found Applin’s evo but in my Sword game, the stamp doesnt appear for me to join. Is it always this difficult to do Local wireless for Max Raid Battles??

If you can see the Y-Comm notifications on one game but not the other way around, it's probably due to privacy settings on one of the Switches. Check each of the user settings and see if they match up.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Are you able to go into the waiting rooms to rotate your teams when you rebottle the champion cup? I tried battling again & I was sent straight to the battlefield.