1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword & Shield - HELP THREAD

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

In the Champion Cup Rematches, you should be able to swap your team members around between battles. I've done the rematches many times, and I don't remember ever being thrust from one battle to the next without a chance to pause.

2. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Can someone please explain to me how I can transfer Pokemon from gen 6 to Swsh? Do I need ot pay for BOTH switch Internet services and Pokemon bank? I've never transfered Pokemon from one gen to another so I am lost=[

3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Unfortunately yes you would have to pay for both services but Bank gives you a 30 days free trial so you could transfer Pokémon from Gen VI to Home. How it works is you take all of the Pokémon in the PC Box of the game that you want to transfer, place them in one of Bank’s Boxes, And then save Bank. You’ll go back to the title screen. From there either select the option to sync Bank to Home using a code or the easier option would be to open Home on the Switch and select the Transfer from Bank and then the option to synchronize both services without a code. It’ll do a connection via the internet and may take awhile depending on how many Pokémon are being transferred. You can’t use Home during this time. After the transfer, just open Home and select the Use Home option and choose the game you want to pu5 the Pokémon in and reverse the process that you used for Bank.

Ghost94, Ophie and janejane6178 like this.
  4. janejane6178

Thank you <3

5. janejane6178

Another question - I tried to enter ranked battles with the Pokemon I brought from Pokemon Home, but it says my Pokemon cant participate... I dont know why cuz they are not on the banned list

6. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

You may have at least one Pokémon that was obtained using illegitimate methods, a Pokémon with a Gigantamax form that's currently not allowed, or a Pokémon species that's currently not allowed.

janejane6178 likes this.
  7. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

For rankled battles the Pokémon has to be caught/bred/etc. in Generation VIII. For instance my shiny Gyarados from Omega Ruby can’t be used since it’s from a Generation VI game even though Gyarados is not on the ban list.

Reasons like that is why I generally stay away from ranked battles. I’m way too lazy to re-breed for a Pokémon I already have.

janejane6178 likes this.
  8. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

Pokémon obtained via HOME will be given access to participate in Season 3 (March).

janejane6178 likes this.
  9. janejane6178

Oh that's good ! :D

10. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I just tried the rematches a few days ago, but for some reason they don't give me option to swap team members and just send me straight to the stadium.

Also, how do you unlock the rematch with Marnie in Spikemuth? I just stopped by there & didn't see her standing outside the pokémon center.

11. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria ☆~Shiny hunter▢~

I believe you can only rematch her in Spikemuth once you beat the post-game story by defeating Hop in the Slumbering Weald after you catch Zacian/Zamazenta.

12. Mr.Munchlax

Thanks, I was wondering why I didn't see Marnie since I already did the cutscene at the Motostoke Hotel

13. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

What happens after you finish a match?

14. Mr.Munchlax

Once I finish a match, I'm jumped straight into the stadium to compete in the next battle

15. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

Has anyone completed a 3-star Squirtle Raid? It uses Shell Smash, yet it isn't listed in its moves when you capture it; can teach it via Poké Center guy. Is that because it just learned the move as of Sword and Shield or potentially a mistake?

16. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria ☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Squirtle now learns Shell Smash in Sword and Shield by level up at Level 27.

Ophie likes this.
  17. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

I know. But it uses a move that it doesn't have technically in its moveset is what I meant. When you capture it, it comes at Level 40 without Shell Smash. How can it use it in the first place, then?

18. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

After you finish, your player character should be standing in the hallway leading into the stadium. During this time, you can switch your team members around, change their hold items, use items on them, etc. Is this not what you're seeing?

The giant Pokémon in Max Raid Battles can draw from moves other than what you see when you capture it. They can also use more than four moves. For instance, Gigantamax Centiskorch could use Fire Lash, Flamethrower, Leech Life, Lunge, Power Whip, Scald, Coil, Crunch, and Flare Blitz--and all in the same raid.

WhiteBlair likes this.
  19. Mr.Munchlax

Wait, I’m talking about the waiting room where you’re allowed to switch with pokémon from your PC boxes. I can be able to switch around my main six just fine

20. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

Ah, I see what you mean. No, you can't go back to that waiting room or access your PC boces.