• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
]

Ahh alright thanks! I thought so too. But I read somewhere that you increase the odds even more by chaining. Even if youve reached 500 KO.

Np, if additional chaining has an effect then thats a nice boost in the end. I was lurking on route 2 lake for the water pokemon shinies. KOd the furst but later got lucky in an MM run. Stil havent hit another shiny on routd 2 lake yet despite 700 and 600 encounters... its my EV training area but running seems to be quicker when looking for shinies there.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hello all, first post on this form but I have quick question for yall. I'm a rookie comptative player and noticed I cant use my shiny Venusaur or shiny Sylveon in singles on competitive wi-fi battles. I have checked to see if maybe its certain moves or items they have is preventing it but idk what it could be.

I'm guessing you brought over your shiny Venusaur and Sylveon from a previous game, and that would be why. All Pokémon used for Ranked Battle on Victory Station needs to have been caught or hatched in Pokémon Sword or Shield.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Hello, all! So, just yesterday, I did a couple of ranked battles with my battle team. All was well. This morning, I just got on to do a couple more with the same team. I haven’t touched my game since I last was on ranked battles, so I haven’t given new moves, items, or even leveled up any of my team members but it’s now saying there’s something wrong with at least one Pokémon on my team!

Edit: So after trial and error I discovered Corviknight is the problem. But there’s nothing wrong with my Corviknight...?

Double Edit: Put Corviknight back in with no changes at all and it’s all fine again...that was weird.

Last edited:
Hi, question regarding how raids work. So Im trying to get a feebas raid and I started a new account cause my main has the game beat and its impossible to get 1 star raids. My problem now is I needed the bike upgrade to surf and now I can only get 3 and 4 star raids. Am I missing something?

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
The only way to know for sure is to delete it from your Switch's memory, then download it again from the eShop. The eShop will remember that you purchased it and will let you download it again for free.

How does the error message affect your game? Is there anything that prevents you from playing certain parts of the game?
The "games" play just fine. Haven't any problems with maxraids or trading Pokemon with others. About the expansion pack. I didn't buy it from the e-shop, I bought it at the game stop. Would I have to delete the both sword and shield games that I have played through?

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
In order to complete my dex I need to trade my rynhorn and my swirlix. I want to trade between my switches. But when I click on the link trade it kicks me off the first. Is it because I'm both switches I have the same user name?

For3v3rVenom

Hi all. Just wanted to ask the community about some "interesting" pokemon I received through link trades being hosted via a Facebook group. The poster said they were gmax pre-release- they sent me a cosmoem and a sneasal... both have the gmax symbol but I have not tried them in raids yet as I didnt know if they were hacked and might mess up my game? OT is pporg which I've heard is associated with hacked mons? Any help/advice/ideas welcome, thanks

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hi all. Just wanted to ask the community about some "interesting" pokemon I received through link trades being hosted via a Facebook group. The poster said they were gmax pre-release- they sent me a cosmoem and a sneasal... both have the gmax symbol but I have not tried them in raids yet as I didnt know if they were hacked and might mess up my game? OT is pporg which I've heard is associated with hacked mons? Any help/advice/ideas welcome, thanks
They’re definitely hacked. Release them ASAP

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
Definite hacks. There's no such thing as a "gmax pre-release."

In order to complete my dex I need to trade my rynhorn and my swirlix. I want to trade between my switches. But when I click on the link trade it kicks me off the first. Is it because I'm both switches I have the same user name?
Are both switches signed into the same Nintendo account? Are you using the game's internet connection or local wireless?

BCVM22

Everything about this says it is screamingly fake.

IPeak@Chu

Ancient trainer
Definite hacks. There's no such thing as a "gmax pre-release."

Are both switches signed into the same Nintendo account? Are you using the game's internet connection or local wireless?
I figured out what the problem was. I thought that I had to be on the internet to link trade, and you don't have to be. Thank you for trying to help me figure out what the problem was.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I figured out what the problem was. I thought that I had to be on the internet to link trade, and you don't have to be. Thank you for trying to help me figure out what the problem was.

Ah, that was what it was--I thought you were attempting to do it online, which is what I sometimes do even when in the same room. The Switch has some issues in certain games with local multiplayer (Animal Crossing: New Horizons is an infamous case). It's that way with Pokémon Sword and Shield for me.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Has anyone received the Great Ball Guy shirt from the last online competition yet? I did everything I did last time for the Ball Guy shirt and got that with no issue but I can’t get the GBG one.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Sorry if this isn’t the place guys but quick question. Am I mistaken or can Pokémon transferred through Home be used in Ranked battles!? I’ve been breeding so much so this will be a relief. Plus I’ll get to use a few shinies I have.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Sorry if this isn’t the place guys but quick question. Am I mistaken or can Pokémon transferred through Home be used in Ranked battles!? I’ve been breeding so much so this will be a relief. Plus I’ll get to use a few shinies I have.
Only Pokémon obtained in Sword and Shield or the Pokémon given to you in Home (the Kanto starters, Pikachu etc) can be used. Anything from older games can’t.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Has anyone received the Great Ball Guy shirt from the last online competition yet? I did everything I did last time for the Ball Guy shirt and got that with no issue but I can’t get the GBG one.

This one appears to be glitched. Some people were able to get it mid-competition, and some people were not able to get it at all.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
This one appears to be glitched. Some people were able to get it mid-competition, and some people were not able to get it at all.
At least it isn’t just me. I’m getting the “gift is available but unable to be redeemed with the current software” error which I’ve seen a few people post about on Reddit. Guess I just need to keep waiting and checking occasionally. Thanks for the help.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
At least it isn’t just me. I’m getting the “gift is available but unable to be redeemed with the current software” error which I’ve seen a few people post about on Reddit. Guess I just need to keep waiting and checking occasionally. Thanks for the help.

Oh, I think I know what's causing that. You have to go back to check on the competition to see your rank. I've had that error message before, and that's what eventually fixed it and allowed me to claim my rewards.