• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Oh, I think I know what's causing that. You have to go back to check on the competition to see your rank. I've had that error message before, and that's what eventually fixed it and allowed me to claim my rewards.
I did go back to check my rank but it only showed the results for an earlier competition. Nothing for this one so I’m not sure what’s going on with it.

EDIT: with the rankings now out I’ve finally been able to claim the shirt.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Not so much a question but it does regard max raids. Trying the moewth raids, yesterday joined a open raid and it was a square shiny HA moewth. Beat the meowth but it broke out after 1 bump. Unfortunate... if the mon doesn't have HA it seems easier to catch. Are the HA mons coded to be harder to ca5ch or is RNG the god?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Not so much a question but it does regard max raids. Trying the moewth raids, yesterday joined a open raid and it was a square shiny HA moewth. Beat the meowth but it broke out after 1 bump. Unfortunate... if the mon doesn't have HA it seems easier to catch. Are the HA mons coded to be harder to ca5ch or is RNG the god?

There's nothing in my experiences that say a Hidden Ability Pokémon is harder to catch. People are saying, however, that Gigantamax Meowth has a lower catch rate than Gigantamax Pikachu or Eevee.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
There's nothing in my experiences that say a Hidden Ability Pokémon is harder to catch. People are saying, however, that Gigantamax Meowth has a lower catch rate than Gigantamax Pikachu or Eevee.
Even then, "People Say" a lot of things but that doesn't necessarily make it true. I don't know if the ACTUAL catch rate is higher or lower, that depends on the game-code for G-max raids. It could just as well be RNG, since a 60% chance for something to occur doesn't necessarily mean you'll succeed 60% of the time.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Even then, "People Say" a lot of things but that doesn't necessarily make it true. I don't know if the ACTUAL catch rate is higher or lower, that depends on the game-code for G-max raids. It could just as well be RNG, since a 60% chance for something to occur doesn't necessarily mean you'll succeed 60% of the time.

Yeah, personally I'm not experiencing this myself (I already have three Gigantamax Meowths with their Hidden Abilities), but I am seeing a bunch of reports here and elsewhere about struggling to catch one, more so than the others.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

Ty for the reply. I've caught around 50% of the moewth so far. It's more that it was HA shiny that irks me the most.

On this topic on shiny dens, can saving the game before entering a raid on a shiny mon give you multiple chances at it? I don't RNG/time clock reset for a shiny den spawn. Does this also work when online to get others players to join in? Im thinking if a den is saved before entering and getting others players on. If i fail to catch it, wil restating the game at last save point before that den work online?

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Found a shiny GMAX Hatterene Raid today. The host had a Stonjourner which he used to take out other people. So I didn’t get it. People are mean man :/

Ghost94

Found a shiny GMAX Hatterene Raid today. The host had a Stonjourner which he used to take out other people. So I didn’t get it. People are mean man :/
It may not have been intentional, some players are unaware that certain moves hit all Pokémon regardless of whether they're friend or foe (i.e. Earthquake and Surf). As a workaround, Pokémon with the ability Telepathy won't take damage from these moves when used by allies.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
It may not have been intentional, some players are unaware that certain moves hit all Pokémon regardless of whether they're friend or foe (i.e. Earthquake and Surf). As a workaround, Pokémon with the ability Telepathy won't take damage from these moves when used by allies.
It was Rock Tomb he was using :/

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It was Rock Tomb he was using :/

That's not a human being, it's a troll... The only time I take out allies is in offline raids where I can't bother to wait the 10 turns to be blown out.

Tyran1tars

Just curious,
If I had 4 Pokémon participate in a Max Raid battle and all of them had Plus or Minus as abilities, will the effects stack on top of each other and boost the Special Attacks of everyone to monstrous levels?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Just curious,
If I had 4 Pokémon participate in a Max Raid battle and all of them had Plus or Minus as abilities, will the effects stack on top of each other and boost the Special Attacks of everyone to monstrous levels?

To my knowledge, they only apply once, but they'll apply to all four Pokémon.

wilmawong

Can anyone tell me which abilities Gmax Toxtricity can have. Do both forms of Toxtricity become the same Gmax form or is there actually 2 different Gmax's with their original abilities?

ShadowForce720

Can anyone tell me which abilities Gmax Toxtricity can have. Do both forms of Toxtricity become the same Gmax form or is there actually 2 different Gmax's with their original abilities?

Basically the only real differences between the two forms is this:

Amped Form: Can have Plus as ability, can learn Shift Gear and Venoshock.

Low Key form: Can have Minus as a ability, can learn Magnetic Flux and Venom Drench.

Other then then that the base forms look different. However both forms can have Punk Rock as a ability and Technician as a Hidden ability, there stats are the same and there move pool is pretty much the same.

Also their G-Max looks the exact same regardless of form and has the exact same G-Max move. Although which form your Toxtricity is, is dependent on it’s nature.

wilmawong

Basically the only real differences between the two forms is this:

Amped Form: Can have Plus as ability, can learn Shift Gear and Venoshock.

Low Key form: Can have Minus as a ability, can learn Magnetic Flux and Venom Drench.

Other then then that the base forms look different. However both forms can have Punk Rock as a ability and Technician as a Hidden ability, there stats are the same and there move pool is pretty much the same.

Also their G-Max looks the exact same regardless of form and has the exact same G-Max move. Although which form your Toxtricity is, is dependent on it’s nature.

Ok thanks very much for answering

shadowF

Can you softreset the hidden ability starters you get at Pokemon Home? As well can you use the hidden ability starter at the very start of the game or do you need to beat a certain amount of gyms before receiving the hidden ability starters?

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Im sure this has been answered already but i cant seem to find a straight answer:
For Max Raid battles, is the ability of the pokemon decided when the raid spawns/ wishing piece is used, or is it when the battle is started? I'm looking for a hidden ability Corviknight (online just ran out so cant trade for one =( ), does saving and resetting to get the hidden ability work or do I need to keep throwing wishing stars in until I get lucky?

Akashin

Can you softreset the hidden ability starters you get at Pokemon Home? As well can you use the hidden ability starter at the very start of the game or do you need to beat a certain amount of gyms before receiving the hidden ability starters?

I'm not sure about whether or not you can soft reset them, but you can use them as soon as you have the ability to withdraw them from the PC (you can't send from Home to your party).

Im sure this has been answered already but i cant seem to find a straight answer:
For Max Raid battles, is the ability of the pokemon decided when the raid spawns/ wishing piece is used, or is it when the battle is started? I'm looking for a hidden ability Corviknight (online just ran out so cant trade for one =( ), does saving and resetting to get the hidden ability work or do I need to keep throwing wishing stars in until I get lucky?

People more involved with Max Raids than I can feel free to correct me, but I'm relatively sure all aspects of the Raid Pokemon are determined when the Raid is spawned.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Does anyone know if you can get multiple max mushrooms/honey? Is it just the one cluster or can we get more?

also anyone know the recipe for apricot balls?