• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Fredoro15

No, it's a matter of luck. That's how luck works, for better or for worse. You could get one on your 1st try, or you might spend months or even years and never get one.

Think of it this way: With the Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method, you have a 6 in 4096 chance of getting a shiny Pokémon. That's a little bit better than the equivalent of flipping a coin 12 times and getting tails once or twice. Each time you hatch a Pokémon, you are flipping that coin 12 times. Doesn't matter what species it is.

I just hatched it! I was about to just give up lol

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I just hatched it! I was about to just give up lol

Congratulations! I felt the same way last generation with Furfrou, honestly, so I know how it feels. I hatched over a thousand Furfrou, and I was at it for weeks.

I tried it again with Eevee this generation and it only took about five days and less than 400 eggs. (Essential worker here.) Go fig.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I am trying to hunt Shiny Shinx in the wild. I am at almost 700 battled in the pokedex and I ran from more after that. Is it okay to just run from them or should I continue KOing them?
Been at it a couple weeks since I have to wait on certain weather. This is my second wild hunt. My first one took way less encounters.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just walked out of the Dojo once after beating Mustard, & now Hop and Klara are gone. I was planning on having a rematch with Klara some time later, so is there any way to bring her back?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I am trying to hunt Shiny Shinx in the wild. I am at almost 700 battled in the pokedex and I ran from more after that. Is it okay to just run from them or should I continue KOing them?
Been at it a couple weeks since I have to wait on certain weather. This is my second wild hunt. My first one took way less encounters.

I believe you actually have to knock them out for the shiny odds to increase. That being said, your odds are still very low--even with the Shiny Charm, it's still less than 1 in 1000 to find one in the wild, so not finding one after 700 tries is par for the course.

I just walked out of the Dojo once after beating Mustard, & now Hop and Klara are gone. I was planning on having a rematch with Klara some time later, so is there any way to bring her back?

They're most likely somewhere else in Isle of Armor, as they'll both sometimes step outside to explore the area.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
She’s in the Potbottom Desert if you haven’t found her yet. I can’t recall Hop but he stayed once I completed the Dex

Tomo9590

Just a quick question here, I was traded a Bulbasaur in a safari ball on the GTS and just wondered if this can be legit? I am thinking no as they only way to catch a Bulbasaur in a safari ball would in sword and shield with the isle or armor dlc, however this wasn’t available when Bulbasaur and squirtle were in raids? Before I release it, can anyone confirm for me?

Thanks.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You can find Bulbasaur and Squirtle in raids on the Isle by default. I just got done catching them both in Love Balls a few days ago. So yes, that Bulbasaur is legal.

burnoutmax81

This is my first post here, so i hope i dont break any rules.

There is a problem with my Y-Comm in Pokemon Shield.

Currently there are 2 Users on my Switch, myself and my daughter both with seperate activated Nintendo Online, but only my daughters Pokemon Shield Y-Comm receives stamps without forcing it with a trade.

What can be the issue here?

For more details:

-We live in Germany, my daughter plays Shield in german language and my game is set to english.
-my daughters accound has 8 Badges and i only had 6, but getting the last two didn't change anything.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
What nature passes down when you use a pokemon that a nature mint was used on it? For example if I breed a pokemon I caught is Docile and I use an Adamant mint on it before breeding. What nature would pass, Docile or Adamant?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What nature passes down when you use a pokemon that a nature mint was used on it? For example if I breed a pokemon I caught is Docile and I use an Adamant mint on it before breeding. What nature would pass, Docile or Adamant?
It’d be Docile. The Mints impact that stat boost/drops for that Pokémon only and don’t pass down through breeding.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
It’d be Docile. The Mints impact that stat boost/drops for that Pokémon only and don’t pass down through breeding.
Ok thanks.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Is it possible to get both Kyurem forms in one save? Idk much about this ans I keep getting conflicting answers elsewhere.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is it possible to get both Kyurem forms in one save? Idk much about this ans I keep getting conflicting answers elsewhere.
Yes, and no.

From what I can find: You can fuse Kyurem in to either form assuming you have the Reshiram and Zekrom.. BUT You can only have ONE Fused Kyurem at any one time.

(I've not sent over my Gen 5 Legendaries to Sword/Sheild so I can't test it, nor I can test trading due to the lack a second Switch.)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Are there any working codes these days?
No active Mystery Gift codes are available at this time, at least publicly shared ones. There may be a new code that you can get this Saturday... Info will be available via most Serebii News outlets.

There are several codes that such as the Japanese Celebi and Zarude giveaway, but these can only be used on one Switch save.

More info here https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/serialcode.shtml

buerdrive

Hello there! I hope this is the right thread to ask!
I started playing pkmn Sword a few days ago and I've already done some exchanges through wonder trade. I'm kinda worried because I received a Primarina nicknamed freepkm.com, which I freed after I found out it was hacked, and before that I received a lv. 100 Urshifu that originally came from a trainer name eevee.vip and I did the same thing ...
Now the issue is, I don't know if I did the right thing, or if this will have any consequences on my account. I've found articles that both say I could have kept them with no issue and articles that said I should get rid of them if I want to avoid anything bad happening to my account or the game itself.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
Hello there! I hope this is the right thread to ask!
I started playing pkmn Sword a few days ago and I've already done some exchanges through wonder trade. I'm kinda worried because I received a Primarina nicknamed freepkm.com, which I freed after I found out it was hacked, and before that I received a lv. 100 Urshifu that originally came from a trainer name eevee.vip and I did the same thing ...
Now the issue is, I don't know if I did the right thing, or if this will have any consequences on my account. I've found articles that both say I could have kept them with no issue and articles that said I should get rid of them if I want to avoid anything bad happening to my account or the game itself.
While Pokemon with names like that are generally hacked and distributed by big streaming networks, those networks do generally create them within legal parameters (stats, movesets, etc), Other players would know their origin if you use them in battle rules that display nicknames, but I think just storing them on Pokemon Home would just hold them in your collection. Though since I already have a living Pokedex stored on Home, I generally just release any such trades myself since I personally don't want to keep them or redistribute them.