• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I always check on those weakness but its like Gamefreak doesn't let them work in raids.

It took 2 tries but even my lvl 65 sandaconda did struggle hard against manectric but i beat him.

Damn i hate the absurd defense these raid bosses get. and the fact that most ai assistant trainers use weak pokemon or terrible movesets.

Also nearly lost against a quite powerful Frosmoth which had the Shield Dust ability which prevents additional effects made by attacks. But beloved level 100 Incineroar pulled through. That Frosmoth was eating special attacks like candy but couldn't handle physical attacks.

If this is a 5-star Max Raid Battle for Manectric, then that Manectric will be at Level 60. If your Pokémon are Level 65, assuming you've completed the game, the AI partners will be around Level 40 to Level 50, meaning they'll be pretty weak and ineffectual against them (unless you have Isle of Armor and get lucky and get Avery or Klara as a partner, whose Slowbro will be the same level as the Pokémon you bring in). I suggest you bring in something higher-leveled or level up your Pokémon with EXP Candies.

Bear in mind, however, that even at Level 100, any computer player partner who isn't Avery or Klara will still be at Level 70. Since they have no Effort Points, they'll be able to take a hit, but you will still have to do the heavy lifting.

So it's not in the Isle of Armor Dex, but it's catchable in Raid Battles there? Interesting.

Indeed, there are a lot of Pokémon not in the Armor Pokédex you can find Hidden Abilities for in the Isle of Armor anyway. Another example is Bulletproof Dubwool. After a couple of weeks, I was able to find and nab one.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Just got a major transfer issue in pokemon home. Ghost94 gave me Torchic and Gible. But when i access the HOME app on my Switch i see a red circle blocker on their names and can't send them into Sword.

Are they untransferrable because Crown Tundra isn't out yet ? or how do i solve this? They are from Sun and Moon through GTS

ShadowForce720

Just got a major transfer issue in pokemon home. Ghost94 gave me Torchic and Gible. But when i access the HOME app on my Switch i see a red circle blocker on their names and can't send them into Sword.

Are they untransferrable because Crown Tundra isn't out yet ? or how do i solve this? They are from Sun and Moon through GTS

You sort of answered your own question there. Basically the reason why you can’t transfer them to Sword and Shield right now is because the Crown Tundra is not out yet.

Once Crown Tundra is out then you will be able to transfer them to Sword and Shield.

Pokefan_1987

You sort of answered your own question there. Basically the reason why you can’t transfer them to Sword and Shield right now is because the Crown Tundra is not out yet.

Once Crown Tundra is out then you will be able to transfer them to Sword and Shield.
When is it expected in november then, has nintendo announced it yet and the transfer is the free without buying the dlc as long as my nintendo subscription is active?

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
When is it expected in november then, has nintendo announced it yet and the transfer is the free without buying the dlc as long as my nintendo subscription is active?
It was announced a few hours after your post I'm quoting.. Crown Tundra and any Pokémon that is part of it is available on 22nd October 2020.

Many of use was expecting November as safe date based on previous information, and the pattern of main game releases since ORAS. (Autumn/Fall 2020- which is starts in September and ends just before Xmas. Exact dates depend on who you ask, but Late September to the end of Novmeber is generally considered Autumn/Fall.)

Pokefan_1987

It was announced a few hours after your post I'm quoting.. Crown Tundra and any Pokémon that is part of it is available on 22nd October 2020.

Many of use was expecting November as safe date based on previous information, and the pattern of main game releases since ORAS. (Autumn/Fall 2020- which is starts in September and ends just before Xmas. Exact dates depend on who you ask, but Late September to the end of November is generally considered Autumn/Fall.)
I hope this list is accurate both Gible and Torchic are listed.

I know we have quite a long time ahead before November but i recommend stocking up on those experience candies so you can level up your favorite imports when crown tundra arrives. Gible levels up quite slowly to finally get Garchomp.

ShadowForce720

I know we have quite a long time ahead before November but i recommend stocking up on those experience candies so you can level up your favorite imports when crown tundra arrives. Gible levels up quite slowly to finally get Garchomp.

November? Why wait until November when Crown Tundra comes out October 22nd meaning that people will be able to start importing there Pokémon that were added in the Crown Tundra starting from October 22nd or October 23rd.

What’s coming out in November is the bundle where you can get Pokémon Sword/ Shield with it’s expansion pass and the bundle comes out on November 6th if I’m remembering right.

Pokefan_1987

Is there any advice to deal with 5 star lvl 60 Eldegoss that are appearing everywhere (when i'm playing solo.)
The main problem that it easily tanks g-max fire moves from my lvl 100 Incineroar as if i'm tickling it. It also keeps spamming Cotton Down Ability (lower enemy speed when hit) 4 times in a single turn along with Cotton Guard and Cotton Spore. Making it like unkillable flower tank.

I hate it when this thing it steals a wishing stone when i hunt for rare max-raids for grinding.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
You're better off using the dynamax moves of Eternatus and the version legendaries than fire moves as it hits harder. Other than that, you are reliant on decent partners.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is there any advice to deal with 5 star lvl 60 Eldegoss that are appearing everywhere (when i'm playing solo.)
The main problem that it easily tanks g-max fire moves from my lvl 100 Incineroar as if i'm tickling it. It also keeps spamming Cotton Down Ability (lower enemy speed when hit) 4 times in a single turn along with Cotton Guard and Cotton Spore. Making it like unkillable flower tank.

I hate it when this thing it steals a wishing stone when i hunt for rare max-raids for grinding.

If you can get one, Lurantis with Contrary. Pollen Puff is the only move Eldegoss learns that can even dent Lurantis, and Contrary causes Lurantis's Speed to rise instead of fall.

Otherwise though, if you're playing with computer players, the best you can do is hit with a lot of force. Max Raid Pokémon don't take much damage through the barrier, and at 5 stars, there are two points in their HP gauge where it won't drop further until you break down the barrier that forms there.

Pokefan_1987

If you can get one, Lurantis with Contrary. Pollen Puff is the only move Eldegoss learns that can even dent Lurantis, and Contrary causes Lurantis's Speed to rise instead of fall.

Otherwise though, if you're playing with computer players, the best you can do is hit with a lot of force. Max Raid Pokémon don't take much damage through the barrier, and at 5 stars, there are two points in their HP gauge where it won't drop further until you break down the barrier that forms there.
Don't have one. The closest i have for that Malamar lvl 56 with Contrary but he doesn't hit hard enough necause his nature his Impish (Better DEF but lower Sp. ATK) He has Flamethrower, Psycho Cut,Night Slash and Dark Pulse. And still with grass resistance Eldegoss still hits hard.
HP 186
ATK 115
DEF 132
SP.ATK 88
SP. DEF 106
SPD 93

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Don't have one. The closest i have for that Malamar lvl 56 with Contrary but he doesn't hit hard enough necause his nature his Impish (Better DEF but lower Sp. ATK) He has Flamethrower, Psycho Cut,Night Slash and Dark Pulse. And still with grass resistance Eldegoss still hits hard.
HP 186
ATK 115
DEF 132
SP.ATK 88
SP. DEF 106
SPD 93

Honestly, it's a bigger help to have a very high-leveled Pokémon rather than one with a strategic advantage, if you don't have a Pokémon with both. Again, if you're playing this offline or otherwise have three computer players for allies, you won't have a good time unless your Pokémon is Level 90 or higher. They trail behind you in level and don't make good decisions. They're essentially cannon fodder for the Max Raid Pokémon. You have to make up for that with a tremendous stat advantage.

Manbis

So with the Upcoming 2nd DLC i want to ask? Did they fix the Online mode? I am from germany and i also have a good internetconnection but playing online was so much bullshot. I could barely join MaxRaids cause my Com didnt update any new raids and when some of them showed up... they were already unavailable.... From what i gathered this was a problem for many players in germany/europe? Did they fix it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
So with the Upcoming 2nd DLC i want to ask? Did they fix the Online mode? I am from germany and i also have a good internetconnection but playing online was so much bullshot. I could barely join MaxRaids cause my Com didnt update any new raids and when some of them showed up... they were already unavailable.... From what i gathered this was a problem for many players in germany/europe? Did they fix it?
No one knows for sure until the DLC becomes available.

Isle of Armor did improve it slightly, but not by much. I suspect drastically fixing the online connectivity would require a major infrastructure change that's likely to break something else even worse.

Pokefan_1987

Honestly, it's a bigger help to have a very high-leveled Pokémon rather than one with a strategic advantage, if you don't have a Pokémon with both. Again, if you're playing this offline or otherwise have three computer players for allies, you won't have a good time unless your Pokémon is Level 90 or higher. They trail behind you in level and don't make good decisions. They're essentially cannon fodder for the Max Raid Pokémon. You have to make up for that with a tremendous stat advantage.
I guess you're right about the A.I being just cannon fodder most of the time until the boss decides to really ruin everything quickly in 5 star battles.

But i'm desperately hoping they would consider removing those debuffs that remove boosts and essentally negate abilities like Intimidate. They always ruin so many potential strategies for players after every turn. At least more battles would be viable for solo.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
For me, the biggest issue with the debuff is it doesn't take up an attack slot. It'd be far more balanced if either that was a free option for players too or it took up a turn slot for the raid pokemon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I guess you're right about the A.I being just cannon fodder most of the time until the boss decides to really ruin everything quickly in 5 star battles.

But i'm desperately hoping they would consider removing those debuffs that remove boosts and essentally negate abilities like Intimidate. They always ruin so many potential strategies for players after every turn. At least more battles would be viable for solo.

Because of those negations, your best bet is to bring in a Pokémon with a type advantage and at least one super-effective move and use nothing but that move through the whole Max Raid Battle.

This pretty much means that the more Pokémon you have at a very high level, Level 100 preferred, the better equipped you'll be to deal with Max Raid Battles. Even at Level 100 though, the computer players are so bad that they may be knocked out four times before you can finish.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
not so much a help question but did a new set of clothing come available in sword shield? i got onto my gen8 game recently in the past few days and had already purchased the extra clothing from the first DLC. the tart apple sweater was one i either missed or didnt buy back then.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
not so much a help question but did a new set of clothing come available in sword shield? i got onto my gen8 game recently in the past few days and had already purchased the extra clothing from the first DLC. the tart apple sweater was one i either missed or didnt buy back then.

Along with some exclusives from participating in Wi-Fi competitions (Ball Guy shirts), Isle of Armor also came with some new clothes. Crown Tundra will also add some more.