• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crawdaunt or Sharpedo?

• Total voters

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Are you able to go into the waiting rooms to rotate your teams when you rebottle the champion cup? I tried battling again & I was sent straight to the battlefield.

In the Champion Cup Rematches, you should be able to swap your team members around between battles. I've done the rematches many times, and I don't remember ever being thrust from one battle to the next without a chance to pause.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Can someone please explain to me how I can transfer Pokemon from gen 6 to Swsh? Do I need ot pay for BOTH switch Internet services and Pokemon bank? I've never transfered Pokemon from one gen to another so I am lost=[

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Can someone please explain to me how I can transfer Pokemon from gen 6 to Swsh? Do I need ot pay for BOTH switch Internet services and Pokemon bank? I've never transfered Pokemon from one gen to another so I am lost=[
Unfortunately yes you would have to pay for both services but Bank gives you a 30 days free trial so you could transfer Pokémon from Gen VI to Home. How it works is you take all of the Pokémon in the PC Box of the game that you want to transfer, place them in one of Bank’s Boxes, And then save Bank. You’ll go back to the title screen. From there either select the option to sync Bank to Home using a code or the easier option would be to open Home on the Switch and select the Transfer from Bank and then the option to synchronize both services without a code. It’ll do a connection via the internet and may take awhile depending on how many Pokémon are being transferred. You can’t use Home during this time. After the transfer, just open Home and select the Use Home option and choose the game you want to pu5 the Pokémon in and reverse the process that you used for Bank.

janejane6178

Unfortunately yes you would have to pay for both services but Bank gives you a 30 days free trial so you could transfer Pokémon from Gen VI to Home. How it works is you take all of the Pokémon in the PC Box of the game that you want to transfer, place them in one of Bank’s Boxes, And then save Bank. You’ll go back to the title screen. From there either select the option to sync Bank to Home using a code or the easier option would be to open Home on the Switch and select the Transfer from Bank and then the option to synchronize both services without a code. It’ll do a connection via the internet and may take awhile depending on how many Pokémon are being transferred. You can’t use Home during this time. After the transfer, just open Home and select the Use Home option and choose the game you want to pu5 the Pokémon in and reverse the process that you used for Bank.
Thank you <3

janejane6178

Another question - I tried to enter ranked battles with the Pokemon I brought from Pokemon Home, but it says my Pokemon cant participate... I dont know why cuz they are not on the banned list

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Another question - I tried to enter ranked battles with the Pokemon I brought from Pokemon Home, but it says my Pokemon cant participate... I dont know why cuz they are not on the banned list

You may have at least one Pokémon that was obtained using illegitimate methods, a Pokémon with a Gigantamax form that's currently not allowed, or a Pokémon species that's currently not allowed.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
For rankled battles the Pokémon has to be caught/bred/etc. in Generation VIII. For instance my shiny Gyarados from Omega Ruby can’t be used since it’s from a Generation VI game even though Gyarados is not on the ban list.

Reasons like that is why I generally stay away from ranked battles. I’m way too lazy to re-breed for a Pokémon I already have.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Pokémon obtained via HOME will be given access to participate in Season 3 (March).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
In the Champion Cup Rematches, you should be able to swap your team members around between battles. I've done the rematches many times, and I don't remember ever being thrust from one battle to the next without a chance to pause.
I just tried the rematches a few days ago, but for some reason they don't give me option to swap team members and just send me straight to the stadium.

Also, how do you unlock the rematch with Marnie in Spikemuth? I just stopped by there & didn't see her standing outside the pokémon center.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Also, how do you unlock the rematch with Marnie in Spikemuth? I just stopped by there & didn't see her standing outside the pokémon center.
I believe you can only rematch her in Spikemuth once you beat the post-game story by defeating Hop in the Slumbering Weald after you catch Zacian/Zamazenta.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I believe you can only rematch her in Spikemuth once you beat the post-game story by defeating Hop in the Slumbering Weald after you catch Zacian/Zamazenta.
Thanks, I was wondering why I didn't see Marnie since I already did the cutscene at the Motostoke Hotel

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What happens after you finish a match?
Once I finish a match, I'm jumped straight into the stadium to compete in the next battle

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Has anyone completed a 3-star Squirtle Raid? It uses Shell Smash, yet it isn't listed in its moves when you capture it; can teach it via Poké Center guy. Is that because it just learned the move as of Sword and Shield or potentially a mistake?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Has anyone completed a 3-star Squirtle Raid? It uses Shell Smash, yet it isn't listed in its moves when you capture it; can teach it via Poké Center guy. Is that because it just learned the move as of Sword and Shield or potentially a mistake?
Squirtle now learns Shell Smash in Sword and Shield by level up at Level 27.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Squirtle now learns Shell Smash in Sword and Shield by level up at Level 27.

I know. But it uses a move that it doesn't have technically in its moveset is what I meant. When you capture it, it comes at Level 40 without Shell Smash. How can it use it in the first place, then?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Once I finish a match, I'm jumped straight into the stadium to compete in the next battle

After you finish, your player character should be standing in the hallway leading into the stadium. During this time, you can switch your team members around, change their hold items, use items on them, etc. Is this not what you're seeing?

I know. But it uses a move that it doesn't have technically in its moveset is what I meant. When you capture it, it comes at Level 40 without Shell Smash. How can it use it in the first place, then?

The giant Pokémon in Max Raid Battles can draw from moves other than what you see when you capture it. They can also use more than four moves. For instance, Gigantamax Centiskorch could use Fire Lash, Flamethrower, Leech Life, Lunge, Power Whip, Scald, Coil, Crunch, and Flare Blitz--and all in the same raid.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After you finish, your player character should be standing in the hallway leading into the stadium. During this time, you can switch your team members around, change their hold items, use items on them, etc. Is this not what you're seeing?
Wait, I’m talking about the waiting room where you’re allowed to switch with pokémon from your PC boxes. I can be able to switch around my main six just fine

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Wait, I’m talking about the waiting room where you’re allowed to switch with pokémon from your PC boxes. I can be able to switch around my main six just fine

Ah, I see what you mean. No, you can't go back to that waiting room or access your PC boces.