• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I haven't touched the game since I beat the story and the post-game chapter, but decided to boot it today and just as soon as I did it, a Shiny Braviary instantly fell down on me. First Shiny I found in SwSh (threw a Quick Ball instantly before it could Whirlwind out of the fight).

Curiously, the only shiny I had found in previous generations (excluded the ones I chained/bred for) was a Trumbeak, so it seems I have luck with birbs.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Arrived at Wyndon, where the Championship Cup will take place. Since having all badges lifts the restriction of catching Pokémon I decided to head to the Wild Area to catch some of the “strong” Pokémon before their levels get bumped to 60 post-game. An attempt to “reset” the Lake of Outrage for a Drakloak spawn (since it was overcast weather there) instead netted me a Brillant Aura Drapion. Thankfully its Egg Move ended up being Confuse Ray so I don’t have to constantly reapply Taunt from Corviknight.

Current Team
Inteleon (Espio)
Corviknight (Deimos)
Centiskorch (Laegjarn)
Flygon (Sunajin)
Grimmsnarl (Norman)
Toxtricity (Ampere)

In Rotation:
Excadrill (Rufus)

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
Beat the story recently (after getting badge 1 it was over in a flash), I enjoyed it even though in many ways it was very bare bones. The Wild Area is the main side activity and other than that there is just really nothing, no secret areas to discover, very small (and a small amount of) routes with just a few trainers on them...still it was fun to put together a team as always.

I ended up becoming champion with these pokemon at around level 60:

Cinderace
Corviknight
Drednaw
Toxicitry
Flapple
Sandaconda

Not very original probably aside from maybe Sandaconda (and Flapple I guess) because I rarely see it on the teams people mention, but all in all it was one of my favorites. I slapped Coil and the TR for Drill Run, plus Rock Slide and Fire Fang on it and it did everything I wanted without missing. Snakes are just really cool, and this one is actually useful ingame after what Arbok and Seviper brought (in my experience at least).

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Got through the semi-finals and finals matches of the Championship Cup only for it to be interrupted when Rose announced he did something....questionable. Headed to Hammerlocke to deal with the mess Rose did and after a series of battles the Fell Dra.....I mean, Eternatus is safely in my possession. Tested it out on an active Max Raid which netted me a HA Falinks, the battle against Leon now awaits.

Current Team
Inteleon (Espio)
Corviknight (Deimos)
Centiskorch (Laegjarn)
Flygon (Sunajin)
Grimmsnarl (Norman)
Toxtricity (Ampere)

In Rotation:
Excadrill (Rufus)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I managed to catch a G-Max Drednaw. I was extremely lucky to have caught it, and not only because they are hard to catch.

In the battle, someone had a Butterfree, and the NPC had a Torkoal; both could die easily.
Drednaw started to attack the wrong opponents and essentially wasted turns with Swords Dance.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Just got pokemon Sword as an early birthday present late last night.

Scorbunny was my first choice for starter since they'd been revealed. named mine Ruby. Liked how the Fog in the Slumbering Weld covered your attack and bag menu's during the "Mysterious pokemon" fight. First time through Route 1 I avoided all the pokemon. Didnt think we had pokeballs yet. Then when Sonia didn't give us any, i found out the Pokemon Center didn't either. Only then did i find the 5 in my Bag that no one mentions. Back on route 1 i could only catch a Skwovet and Wooloo. Wooloo ate 3 of the 5 pokeballs. Went clothes shopping and then off to route 2. Just my luck Leon gives us 20 more Pokeballs as soon as we enter Route 2. Grabbed a Yamper on the way to help with Hop's Rookidee. Also remembered the Mystery Gift Meowth and grabbed that too. Ended up not needing Yamper at all, because i didn't realise Hop was so low leveled. Got endorsed by Leon and challenged to a catching challenge by Hop, but i decided to rest instead.

Team
Happy - Skwovet 9
Ruby - Scorbunny 12
Snowball - Wooloo 9
G-Max Meowth 9

Really don't know who i'll use besides Ruby and a Galar Farfetch'd. I'll at least keep Skwovet around till it evolves though.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Catching and evolving.

Also, I think someone messed up when showing this guy in the screen after the grass woosh.

ELeNSspU4AAyYEB
Turtonator, one of the Pokemon that actually got buffed up because of the lack of a National Dex. It's not OP or anything but it's definitely having a lot more luck in SwSh than it is SM, what a frighteningly powerful Pokemon for the unprepared lol.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Defeated Leon to claim the title of Champion, the level jump between him and Rose was quite noticeable that my team's levels was roughly on par with his. Following receiving the Master Ball from Professor Magnolia and obtaining the Charmander that can G-Max once fully evolved, did two rounds of the Battle Tower so I had enough BP to purchase the Destiny Knot. Currently breeding version exclusives in preparation for Surprise Trading on Christmas and levelling up my team for the post-game scenario.

Current Team
Inteleon (Espio)
Corviknight (Deimos)
Centiskorch (Laegjarn)
Flygon (Sunajin)
Grimmsnarl (Norman)
Toxtricity (Ampere)

In Rotation:
Excadrill (Rufus)

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Spent a couple hours yesterday going between the battle tower and the Wild Area. Found a shiny G-Max Butterfree and thought “oh man, gotta catch me one of those”. Myself and a random player with two NPCs took it down with ease. Threw a repeat ball thinking that would give me the best chance of capture. Thing broke out after the last shake. Best luck ever followed by the worst.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Never been much of a Shiny Hunter but I really like Alcremie’s Shiny so I’m using Masuda Method for one. While doing that, I’m Surprise Trading for a foreign Ditto with good IVs for my eventual start to competitive breeding. Got a Pokerus Hippowdon from it. Also got to Kabu in my side solo Scorbunny run.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Zacian ended up being one of my harder captures thanks to its insane damage output but I was able to pull it off in the end. Glad that I had the foresight to put Reflect on Corviknight since defense stacking is essentially useless thanks to Sacred Sword. Since foggy weather was present at the Lake of Outrage I took advantage of it to catch the Pokémon that only appear then, namely Gothitelle and Milotic (will be back for Sylveon). Also caught a Damp Quagsire so I will be ready for when Turtanator can appear to have no worries about Explosion.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Spent a couple hours yesterday going between the battle tower and the Wild Area. Found a shiny G-Max Butterfree and thought “oh man, gotta catch me one of those”. Myself and a random player with two NPCs took it down with ease. Threw a repeat ball thinking that would give me the best chance of capture. Thing broke out after the last shake. Best luck ever followed by the worst.

If I'm not mistaken, if you're the host of the event, you can try as much as you want until you catch it regardless other people capture it or not. You just have to restart after the battle is over and turn off auto-save.

What you get from the den is a static encounter; it doesn't change its stats, nature, IVs. I managed to capture my flawless Gluttony G-Max Snorlax through that way.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Ended up starting a new save after exploring the Wild area and realizing i want to use literally every pokemon that shows up :oops: Don't know how that helps at all, but it was my first reaction.

Still chose Scorbunny, though this time she's named Carrot. Slumbering Weld was less fun the second time through. Still caught a Skwovet too, because it and Greedent are just big bundles of Happy. Avoided Wooloo though and caught Caterpie and Blipbug instead. Figured if/when i get their G-Max forms i'd have to catch them eventually. Found one of those "Brilliant Aura" Rookidee on route 2, but it only had Rock Smash. G-Max Meowth was busy as we went through Route 2. Grabbed 2 Poke Doll's, a Tiny Mushroom, a Big Mushroom, and a Super Potion. Hop was just as easy as before, because of his low level. A Quick Fishing trip led to Finding an Arokuda first try. I also fished up a Chewtle that i Surprise Traded away for a Japanese Impidimp.

Team
Joy - Skwovet 10
Carrot - Scorbunny 11
G-Max Meowth 9
Summer - Metapod lvl 9
Clover - Blipbug lvl 8

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I continued my Sword journey into Motostoke, and it's a pretty funky city actually! Lots of little nooks and crannies to explore, got some neat items, all that jazz. Updated my character to look cool (blue hair and nice clothes), spoke to Sonia and Leon and began the process of the Gym Challenge! Met Bede and Marnie, and honestly seeing the gym leaders come out onto the pitch and stuff was awesome! I was very impressed, great music too. I continued onwards and battled Team Yell, who were kind of underwhelming? Like I wasn't expecting much, but I don't know. Maybe they improve later on. Marnie was cool though, did like that she spoke differently to everyone else.

Onto Route 3 I went, battling Hop on the way! His Wooloo fell to my Zigzagoon, my Rookidee came out on top against his own and Sobble wrecked Scorbunny. Easy stuff. On Route 3 I caught a Gossifleur and a Sizzlipede (was very happy about the latter), replacing Dottler and Nickit on my team temporarily. I beat all the trainers on the route where my Sobble evolved into Drizzile! Or discount Frogadier, whatever you prefer. I also evolved my Rookidee into Corvisquire in the Galar Mine, beat the hell out of Bede like the annoyance he is and moved onto Route 4. By this point, I felt over-levelled - we were level 18-19 and the gym's ace level was 20, and I didn't want to be that over-levelled against Milo. So I decided to train up the Sizzlipede and Gossifleur just to keep my main squad at a reasonable level. Sizzlipede is good, was a close contender for a teammate but I have some other options. It's good though, if you're planning on using Centiskorch it's worthwhile so far!

Anyway, now I'm in Turffield about to beat up Milo. Looking forward to my first gym battle! Then I get to continue on and add some other members to the squad.

Sword Team:
817.png
Bubbleoseven the Drizzile, Level 19 [Pound, Water Pulse, Water Gun, Swift]
822.png
Nevermore the Corvisquire, Level 19 [Pluck, Leer, Power Trip, Hone Claws]
263-g.png
The Goon the Galarian Zigzagoon, Level 19 [Headbutt, Payback, Pin Missile, Baby-Doll Eyes]

Other additions:
829.png
835.png
850.png

Arkane

I have already cleared the game, After winning the Champion Cup, I started looking for the rest of the starters ( I chose Sobble), finally got Grookey and Scorbunny.
I will be catching later the legendary Pokémon, since I'm so obsessed with the Surprise Trade, since I bought the Japanese double pack, I will be starting a new game, but I will be making a semi Beast Ball team, since I got a Mimikyu, Magikarp, Duraludon, Drilbur and Rotom via Surprise trading.

My current shield team is:
Toxtricity, Haxorus, Gengar, Roserade, Arcanine and Inteleon, all of them at level 69, trained by PKMN Trainer Kylie.

On my Sword adventure I will be playing as a boy, the name isn't defined yet, the team is under construction since I'm having luck finding Beast Ball Pokémon, The only two Pokémon that will be surely in my team, are a Normal Poke Ball Grookey, and a Repeat Ball Charmander, the rest of my Pokémon depends on what I may be getting in Beast Balls.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Had a fair amount of good luck in the recent days with the weather in the Wild Area allowing me to catch the Pokémon that only appear then, the Jangmo-o is the last evolution line I need to get to have all version exclusives. Had the fortune of a G-Max Drednaw raid appearing today but had to redo the battle a couple of times since it kept breaking out of my Repeat Balls, thankfully it was only at 3-star difficulty. Also have been evolving and breeding Pokémon to fill up my Pokedex, currently at 300 species owned.