• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
End of first day:

I have defeated Milo and got my first badge. I used Growlithe to defeat Gossifleur, then Dynamaxed Corvisquire to take on Eldegoss. My Pokedex is at about 35, including two new member of my main team: G. Zigzagoon and Sizzilipede.

Bus

Was wandering around the Wild area forever before I finally moved forward and took out Milo later. Was happy to see I wasn't overleveled (I had two pokemon 1 level above his Edlegoss).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Finally made it to Turffield. I love how spread out this game is, but I hate how often Hop shows up. He's more irritating than Hau.

- Reassurance (Drizzile) - Lv. 18
- Temperance (Dottler) - Lv. 17
- Fortitude (Duskull) - Lv. 18
- Promise (Pumpkaboo) - Lv. 14

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is it weird to imagine Joseph Joestar's voice, back when he was young, as the voice of Champion Leon lol? For some reason, I can't help but hear his voice when I read Leon's dialogue.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I didn't get the first gym badge until 7 hours in, the gap between Gym 1 and 2 in Kalos is shaking. The Wild Area is no joke and I'm mining TRs I can't even use for no reason. Also surprisingly really enjoy Camp.

TEAM SO FAR:

Rilla Panic (Thwackey)
Ramabam (Wooloo)
Bandikahoots (Thievul)
Elevenectric (Toxel)

Genos

TTYD
Got my first gym badge! Took me a LOT of hours to get it. A new record I must say.

Thwackey lvl 23
Pikachu lvl 23
Corvisquire lvl 24
Kirlia lvl 23
Trapinch lvl 23
Hitmonchan lvl 22

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Been grinding in the Wild area and camping within it. Just from that my Scorbunny Striker gained just enough exp to evolve into Raboot.
Did raid battles with a Hoothoot, a Pidove, and another Chewtle. Moreso for farming purposes than anything else.

My Team as of now:
Raboot (Striker): Level 17 (Permanent Member)
Wooloo (Bam Bam): Level 16
Rookidee (Arthur): Level 16 (Permanent Member)
Chewtle (Chomper): Level 16 (Permanent Member)
Yamper (Bolt): Level 17
G-Max Meowth: Level 15

Played a bit more yesterday and today. So far I've got 3 gym badges and just arrived at route 6.
Current team consists of:
Drizzile (lv 32)
Sirfetch'd (lv 30)
Toxel (lv 28)
Linoone (lv 28), gonna be replaced later
Centiskorch (lv 30)
Thievul (lv 30) gonna be replaced later

Tbh I haven't been really interested in the wild area, will go there later to fill op my dex though. I'm also quite surprised that so few pokemon can learn False Swipe this gen. None of my party members nor planned ones can (and I was so convinced at first that the Farfetch'd line was gonna be able to learn it)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm on route three at the moment, not in any sort of rush so just taking my time and enjoying the game. So far I have two to three permanent members but I have a full team. Thinking about maybe adding the ladybug to my main team since it's middle form has been rather good so far.

Marzbar

I'm on route three at the moment, not in any sort of rush so just taking my time and enjoying the game. So far I have two to three permanent members but I have a full team. Thinking about maybe adding the ladybug to my main team since it's middle form has been rather good so far.
Dottler has been an absolute tank for me. It refuses to die to anything. And sets up screens when need be. Bug and Psychic has been handy offensively so far too. Evolving at level 30 is rough though

As a huge Grookey fan, I'm glad to see others who chose him. My Thwackey is nicknamed Donkey Kong, and is level 17. I also have a Natu and a Grubbin, both at level 18, that I caught in raid battles in the Wild Area. I freaking LOVE the Wild Area!! I haven't even finished beating the first gym yet because I've spent so much time there (though, to be fair, that's also partially because I'm recovering from gallbladder removal surgery and have slept a lot). Rounding out my team, I have a level 14 Chewtle, a level 15 Rookidee, and a level 16 Galarian Zigzagoon. I'm so excited to play on and to battle the grass-type Gym Leader! <3

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Defeated Milo using Raboot and Stunky who only was used as a decoy to Poison Milo’s Eldegoss And cause its Dynamax to time out which worked in my favor as I Dynamaxed Raboot And used its Fire Dynamax move. One shot Ness with Eldegoss. On Kabu now.

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
So I have about 7.5 hours of game time so far and I am surprised at how little progress I have made lol :D

So I started the game up and chose Scorbunny, a cute little girl one now called Haru (After the bunny in Beastars)
Worked my way through and met Leon and everyone else. Beat up Bede, thank you for giving us a rude rival again! I love to beat him.
Hop, not as bad as Hau in USUM but still way too cheerful for my liking.

Caught a Skwovet and Yamper and they joined Haru for a little bit. Helping take down Milo, who with a Dynamaxed Raboot, couldnt stand a chance lol
Got to Route 5 and claimed Toxel and found an Applin. Happily added those to my team. Then realised that Applin is about as useful as a Magikarp until it evolves. xD
They are both named Ramone (after The Ramones a Punk Band) and Bramley (after the cooking Apple)

Deciding they both needed to be leveled up, Bramley ALOT more since his only attacking move is Astonish. I decided to go back the Wild Area and do raids. Thoroughly enjoying catching some new pokemon until I complete lost my mind when I found an Impidimp 1* raid and caught it. Adding the little guy to my team too. Still trying to decide on a name .. will update next post.

ended with managing to catch a Gigantamax Butterfree in a raid and heading towards Gym 2!

Current Team
Haru - Raboot - Level 21
Ramone - Toxel - Level 22
Impidimp - Impidimp - Level 22
Bramley - Applin - Level 25 (Yes, I overlevelled him)

Yamper and Skwovet are now resting in the PC they did well :)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I have played 1.14 hours & had a lot of fun. I'm about enter Magnolia's house.

My team:
Level 8 Blipbug
Level 8 Chewtle
Level 9 Wooloo
Level 9 Nickit
Level 9 Rookidee
Level 10 Scorbunny

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
For my first change of clothes I decided to just settle on the Grass Uniform I was given. Today actually is clearly a good day for it as my activities today have so far centered around training my current grass-types, mainly Gossifleur. I know I already have Thwackey, but more reinforcements means a more easy victory when I get to Nessa's gym! Also made it to the Daycare and got Toxel. Shame though that it will have no use until it evolves...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
One thing I really love about this game is visiting the locations because what appears on the map does not accurately portray just how majestic or huge it is in-game. The wild area for example is portrayed as a bowl but when you actually visit it, I get vibes of Dragon Quest's world.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Off to Hulbury to get my next badge. Definitely gotta grind up, though.

- Reassurance (Drizzile) - Lv. 20
- Temperance (Dottler) - Lv. 20
- Fortitude (Duskull) - Lv. 20
- Promise (Gourgeist) - Lv. 20
- Harmony (Froslass) - Lv. 19
- Humility (Sizzlipede) - Lv. 19