• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got through Galar Mine no. 2 and took down Bede and some other trainers. And the cop that is near the back end of Motostoke is nightmare fuel.

Just took down Kabu and got the third badge.

Here's the team I used:

Frank Drebin - Drizzile - lv 31
Earthquake - Quagsire - lv 30
Icicle - Lapras - lv 32
Lucille - Lapras - lv 32
Kermit - Palpitoad - lv 30
Stephen King - Palpitoad - lv 30

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I finally finished the semifinals of the Galar League beat Bede during the "exhibition match" of the Champion Cup, so now I'm I'm just about ready to face the gym leaders. So far the best battles I've had during this entire arc are Hop & Oleana since they're the only ones who were actual threats that I didn't have to hold back on. Hop's battle is still the biggest surprise since I had no idea the match would be so fun, while Oleana was definitely a strong trainer who took down most of my pokémon. It was also an awesome surprise when my Slowpoke (who didn't have an Eviolite or stat boosting items) was able to tank Garbodor's G-Max Malodor & take it down

I've been rotating between my main team & my reserves for all the battles so none of them are over leveled during the league, & so far the MVPs for each match have been the following:
  • VS Marnie- Guy (Grimmsnarl) & Liz (Corviknight)
  • VS Hop- Beckham (Cinderace) & Ronald (Perrserker)
  • VS Oleana- Dorothy (Slowpoke) & Murihead (Darmanitan)
  • VS Bede- Ronald (Perrserker) & Grado (Hitmontop)

Last edited:

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just caught a Shiny Gardevoir with Telepathy in a den. This is also my very first Shiny in Pokemon Sword.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I completed my Pokedex last night. I captured all 400 Pokemon plus the Galar Slowpoke the other day. I went and obtained the shiny charm last night as well. Now I'm going to be doing a lot of shiny hunts.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I completed my Pokedex last night. I captured all 400 Pokemon plus the Galar Slowpoke the other day. I went and obtained the shiny charm last night as well. Now I'm going to be doing a lot of shiny hunts.
Congrats! Not sure how I'll complete the dex, given how much of a hassle it is to trade. Hoping Home is affordable so I can transfer what I can from it.

Hoping to do more training today in Shield.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Finally got through Galar Mine no. 2 and took down Bede and some other trainers. And the cop that is near the back end of Motostoke is nightmare fuel.

Just took down Kabu and got the third badge.

Here's the team I used:

Frank Drebin - Drizzile - lv 31
Earthquake - Quagsire - lv 30
Icicle - Lapras - lv 32
Lucille - Lapras - lv 32
Kermit - Palpitoad - lv 30
Stephen King - Palpitoad - lv 30
Why all water types?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just beat Bea in the champion cup earlier today. My gym battle with her was one of the tougher ones since she swept most of my team, but this was still pretty fun & I actually lost track at how many Pokémon she had during the fight. I was certain my Corviknight (Liz) would pull through since she beat all of Bea’s pokémon last time, but I was surprised when her Machamp used a Max Flare & knocked her out. At least Liz did a good job at taking out her Sirfetch’d.

The MVP of the match was definitely my Clobbopus (Benny-Lynch) since it took down both Bea’s Grapploct & her Machamp. I had to rely a little bit on potion stalling near the end of the battle due to Machamp constantly landing critical hits, but Benny-Lynch still managed to pull through and win the match.

Now all that’s left is Raihan, & I’m trying to figure out a team that benefits from his weather strategy.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I just beat Bea in the champion cup earlier today. My gym battle with her was one of the tougher ones since she swept most of my team, but this was still pretty fun & I actually lost track at how many Pokémon she had during the fight. I was certain my Corviknight (Liz) would pull through since she beat all of Bea’s pokémon last time, but I was surprised when her Machamp used a Max Flare & knocked her out. At least Liz did a good job at taking out her Sirfetch’d.

The MVP of the match was definitely my Clobbopus (Benny-Lynch) since it took down both Bea’s Grapploct & her Machamp. I had to rely a little bit on potion stalling near the end of the battle due to Machamp constantly landing critical hits, but Benny-Lynch still managed to pull through and win the match.

Now all that’s left is Raihan, & I’m trying to figure out a team that benefits from his weather strategy.

How did your fighting type sweep a team of fighting types?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How did your fighting type sweep a team of fighting types?
Benny-Lynch didn’t sweep Bea’s team. All of my pokémon did their part and the win was a group effort. Benny-Lynch just beat Machamp & Grapploct. The match went like this:
  • Grimmsnarl vs Hawlucha- Grimmsnarl wins
  • Grimmsnarl vs Falinks- Falinks wins
  • Slowpoke vs Falinks- Slowpoke wins
  • Slowpoke bs Sirfetch’d- Sirfetch’d wins
  • Lampent vs Sirfetch’d- Sirfetch’d wins
  • Corviknight vs Sirfetch’d- Corviknight wins
  • Clobbopus vs Grapploct- Clobbopus wins
  • Corviknight vs Machamp- Machamp wins
  • Clobbopus vs Machamp- Clobbopus wins

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Entradius1

Just some dude
It took forever but I finally managed to get my hands on another masterball. I also managed to catch a shiny rotom despite my apathy towards joining anymore max raids. As for what I used the masterball on? I got myself a shiny g-max flapple since I just so happen to like it. It's timid and lacks its HA but that just means I will toss it a mint and use it in the game.

I also started up a new game and beat it in 3 days. After my first run I figured out how to quickly power level my pokemon up to level 80. I beat the game with team consisting of Cinderace, Corviknight, Eldegoss, Toxtricity, and a non-g-max Alcremie and Lapras from the event dens. Oddly enough I ran into a shiny pretty early in this play through. The only of note that happened was when a shiny sizzlipede decided to show up during the fire type gym challenge. I was taken off guard but I managed to catch it with a quick ball. I then boxed it because I had no intent on using a sizzlipede on this particular team.

The next time I play through the game I would like to use a sobble and some pokemon that I will need to breed for and/or trade over. It will be nice to have a sizzlipede and an appletun early in the game so I am just going to wait on pokemon home to release.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Wasn't expecting Bede and Team Yell to both be in Galar Mine #2 if i'm honest. Both gotten taken out easily though. Kept running into Stunfisk every five inches until i noticed their mouths popping out of the ground. Meanwhile Motostoke Outskirts were short and uninteresting. When i returned to Mototstoke i decided to go exploring in the Wild area for 2 Star Raid Dens. Ended up finding a Karrablast in one of the dens and ended up catching it. Got some help from the Quick Trade thread to evolve it and get Shelmet and Accelgor's pokedex entrys. During my exploration i kept running into Duskull and family. After enough times i added one to my team and named her Angel. Found a Female Snorunt as well, so now i have a lvl 8 Froslass. Also had some more fun with the Digging Duo. Originally only got 5 items from each, but the Left Brother went Wild. He went all "I'm Not Done yet!" Second Wind and dug up an extra 8 items. Back in Motostoke, the cafe Chef/boss still wont give me any Sweets to evolve Micery. I ended the day with Marnie's fight at the Inn. Quackson was the MVP again, because Dark types.

Side Note: I Keep accidentally sending my pokemon on all day jobs because i click to fast :p

Team
Ruby - Raboot lvl 28
Shellbert - Drednaw lvl 27
Quackson - Sirfetch'd lvl 28
Angel - Duskull lvl 26
CatDog - G-Max Meowth lvl 25
Rainbow - Galar Linoone lvl 25

Last edited:

Drummerdude

My Scorbunny evolved into Raboot heading along Route 3 and I soon made my way to the Galar Mine which is one of my favorite locations in the game. I got through it quick enough and Dottler solo'd Bede's teams. After fighting the many trainers of Route 4 I arrived in Turffield and challenged the gym. I wanted to let Dottler take care of the Grass types but Struggle Bug is so weak that I relied on Raboot a bit. For the battle against Milo I went with Raboot against his Gossifleur and Dottler against Eldegoss. That Eldegoss is either really tanky or Struggle Bug is really bad.....probably the latter.

After my victory I checked the weather in the Wild Area and then hurried as quickly along Route 5 as I could which included getting a bike and beating Hop again. I made it to Hulbury and talked to Nessa so I could challenge the gym. I let Pancham be the star as best I could until the fight with Nessa. Dottler took down Goldeen with Confusion and Raboot's Double Kick got a critical hit which made Arrokuda an easy opponent. Then Drednaw entered the picture. I Dynamax'd Pancham but Drednaw took it down easily. Drednaw was actually faster than Raboot and took it down before reverting back to normal. I sent Dottler out to faint so I could revive Pancham and get a Low Sweep in to slow it down so a second Low Sweep could finish it off.

After receiving the badge I was told to meet with Rose at the local restaurant but I flew to the Wild Area and went to Bridge Field since it was raining. After a minute or two I finally encountered what I was looking for.....Cramorant! I threw over 15 Poke Balls of varying types but the stupid bird kept popping out. After I whited out I bought some more and returned and found another one which I managed to catch on my very first throw. Unreal.

814.png
Lv24
825.png
Lv23
674.png
Lv24
845.png
Lv29

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
Had a day off so I put a large chunk of time in today. Beat both Piers and Raihan. Made it to Wyndon and explored it. Didn't have the Frosmoth for the in-game trade so I went back to route 9 to catch a Snom to evolve it. Also caught Stonjourner when I was there. Went to the Wild Area, equipped the Soothe Bell, fed it lots of candies and feathers, and it eventually evolved. Did the trade. After that, I wanted to go back and catch some other Pokemon I missed in other areas. I also took the time to hatch Wynaut from the Day Care. I love how easy it is to hatch eggs in the Wild Area. After that, I caught a Ditto. I also caught Heatmor. I tried to find a Lapras but wasn't able to. Kind of mad because I battled a Lapras before beating Piers and Raihan but couldn't catch it because I was too low leveled. I eventually stopped for the day because trying to find another Lapras was getting frustrating.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Took down Alistair easily and got my fourth badge.

Here's my team:

Mallow - Malamar - lv 38
Lucille - Lapras - lv 37
Bacon - Centiskorch - lv 39
Frank Drebin - Inteleon - lv 37
Ziva - Liepard - lv 37
Eddie Money - G Max Meowth - lv 35

Caught some new Pokemon tonight, including a Snorlax that I named Roadblock.

Last edited: