• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Sponge

Has anyone else found Sizzlipede really good? At least for me he's been flame wheeling everything to death.

I really love how raid battles make it easier to get Pokemon earlier, I got a Yamask before the first gym that way.

On another note, training an Applin at the moment and it's painful. It only has withdraw and astonish and learns nothing by level up.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what's pretty cool? Seeing stuff from the rumors thread coming to life in the games. I remember someone said that Rapid Spin gives +1 speed and its true, I just saw a Pokemon gain a speed boost from Rapid Spin. Neat right?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I went for more grinding and got the 5th early-game member of my team; Gossifleur, who after some time evolved into Eldergoss. I named her Madame because it's basically an elderly flower. :3 She had Regenerator which will come in handy. However she unfortunately won't stay for long as I have another 'mon in mind for a grass slot.
Also while on the route, my Rookidee evolved into Corvisquire. :D

Going into the first gym, I took out Milo's Gossifleur with Bolt (My Yamper slowly whittling it down basically) and dealt with Eldergoss with Striker. Almost lost Bolt thanks to some lucky crits on the other end.

My Team as of now:
Raboot (Striker): Level 21 (Permanent Member)
Eldergoss (Madame): Level 20
Corvisquire (Arthur): Level 20 (Permanent Member)
Chewtle (Chomper): Level 19 (Permanent Member)
Yamper (Bolt): Level 20
G-Max Meowth: Level 20

I will be going back to Route 4 for Milcery (Though if I can find a G-Max Alcremie by any chance at his point I'll get that instead) and will eventually hit Route 5, which is where I will pick up my next permanent member; Applin! Gonna rely on raids for this one's Exp until I can get a Sweet Apple.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Man, I wanted to make the second gym more of a challenge by Dynamaxing Tympoke, and not using Grass moves against Drednaw, and now I feel like I "screwed up" by making the match needlessly convoluted and seemingly "sloppy".

shoz999

Thinking about adding Perrserker on my team. At first, I previously thought it looked average but then I looked at it's movepool and ability, Tough Claws. Then someone explained that on closer inspection, it's based on a Viking. This is too tempting.

I've beat the fire gym this morning and fighting gym an hour or so ago. Also caught some more new pokemon and finally completed my team.

Team consists of:
Morgrem lv 35
Toxtricity lv 35
Hattrem lv 37
Centiskorch lv 37
Inteleon lv 38
Sirfetch'd lv 36

I've jus arrived in Ballonlea. The Fairy gym seems really close to the Fighting one and I don't have the feeling I've levelled much since then, so I'm going to train, want my entire team to be past level 40 for this. I think I'll go back in the forest and catch some more mons there, maybe go to the wild area too and do some max raid battles. I've heard those are great for exp and I've only done 1 so far just to check it out.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Just got to Ballontea. Amazed at how long you can make this game!

Current Team:
Morgem (Lv. 36)
Corviknight (Lv. 38)
Orbeetle (Lv. 36)
Rillaboom (Lv. 38)
Toxtricity (Lv. 37)
Coalossal (Lv. 38)

I plan to replace Orbeetle with something, probably Mr. Rime, but I'm not sure, because Orbeetle can certainly hold his own!

Sponge

My team right now, just about to take on the third gym in Motostoke...

Drizzile (Lv 27)
Impidimp (Lv 27)
Yamask (Lv 25)
Sizzlipede (Lv 25)
Applin (Lv 23)
Toxel (Lv 21)

Toxel and its evolution has really grown on me recently. I wasn't really planning on having it on my team so I'm not sure if they're permanent yet.

I'm not super confident about how my team is going to form going forward. I don't really want to do a rotation team, but I also know I absolutely want to add a Clobbopus to my team as soon as I can find a max raid battle for it. (or someone willing to trade me one) I also want to add a Sinistea to my team but I don't know who I'd remove at this point.

I might just suck it up and do a rotation team to be honest...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Decided to swap Temperance with Reverence for the Fire Gym. Reverence is pretty much gonna do all the work. lol

MAIN TEAM
- Reassurance (Drizzile) - Lv. 29
- Reverence (Barraskewda) - Lv. 28
- Fortitude (Duskull) - Lv. 28
- Promise (Gourgeist) - Lv. 28
- Harmony (Froslass) - Lv. 28
- Humility (Sizzlipede) - Lv. 29

SIDELINES
- Temperance (Orbeetle) - Lv. 30
- Verity (Vulpix) - Lv. 24
- Preservation (Phantump) - Lv. 20

Last edited:

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I finally encountered a one-starred GMaxable Butterfree but then it FRICKING ESCAPED THE BALL WITHOUT A SHAKE.
I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off looking for that thing. Welp, back to do it again. ;.;

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG, yesterday I was doing a one star raid yesterday and someone join and used a Eternatus lmfao.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
In Shield: I bought some new clothes from the Boutique.

My current team:
Cinderace (72)
Dreadnaw (68)
Thievul (71)
Toxtricity (69)
Galarian Rapidash (70)
Dragapult (68)

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Got a hold of the lvl 1 Toxel, male, named it Axel, nature will mean it'll have Low-Key form. I used EXP candies to get it up to low 20s like the rest of my team.
Unfortunately for Bolt, he'll just have to stay unevolved for the playthrough. Because I've found my later-game alternative, and I feel like Toxel will cover more ground type-wise which is a plus. (The thing is pretty competent in raids, which is saying a lot for what is essentially for a literal baby Pokemon lol)

Chomper evolved into Drednaw at last!

Also found Applin, and while I'm not training with it for now, I will use it as a grass-type replacement later.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Finished my training with my Grass and Electric types. Gossifleur and Yamper both evolved. I have defeated Nessa with them, (levels 24 and 25), Electrike (Level 23), and Thwackey (Level 24). Might opt to wear the Water Uniform I was given tomorrow as I will be training Arrokuda and Drednaw for the Fire gym.

shoz999

Saw Bede's reaction by the fourth gym leader. I can imagine a lot of challenger's would feel the same way if that happened. I can imagine that facial expression in even more detail in the manga, a calm of silence before the boy mutters a word. Sure are a lot of great facial expressions in this game, both in and outside of cutscenes.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Found a shiny Magikarp on route 6 today! I've never found a shiny so early in the games before. Too bad literally everyone has gotten a red Gyarados before.

shoz999

Okay. Okay. Okay. You know how quiz question gyms are usually easy and have no consequences? Not SwSh's quiz question gym. There is this one gym that uses quiz questions and it is punishing if you get it wrong.

Okay lol. So I purposely chose the wrong answer on a certain question and the Gym Leader liked that answer even though it's most certainly wrong.