• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
So on my channel, I got Orbeetle voted as my Pokemon of the Week. I quickly found it ineffective in doubles, since its weaknesses make up some of the most common threats in the ranked ladders.
I'm thinking I may try it in singles to see if it has use as a Baton Pass receiver.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Am I the only one who isn't seeing any Gigantamax pokemon in the dens?

The stamps show plenty of Gigantamax battles (that already happened), but I'm not getting any in my own dens.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm back from an extended hiatus from these games.

Currently working on getting all 3 starters with their HAs with good IVs. Just finished Scorbunny. Now trying to breed for a female one.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Been doing a bit of raid battles the last few weeks. Keep getting paired with people that have Pokémon nicknamed *insert name of website that gens Pokémon for people for profit* (not going to advertise them). I don’t understand why people would pay their hard earned money to get a Pokémon that is clearly hacked.

With the current event trying to get my hands on a shiny G-Max Charizard with the Solar Power ability. Have two shiny G-Max so far but both have the Blaze ability. I feel like it’s a never-ending scavenger hunt.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Been playing sword off and on theses days, Pokken is taking most switch play time but the new max raids bring me back to sword for a few days. The current max raid Gmax Pokemon give out some relatively weak items on beating the dens. I still haven't maintained a +500 exp candy per each size exp candy but I was already at 800 Gmax candies as it is. I'm now 60 dynamic level candies away from 999 and I don't use them that often...

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Been playing sword off and on theses days, Pokken is taking most switch play time but the new max raids bring me back to sword for a few days. The current max raid Gmax Pokemon give out some relatively weak items on beating the dens. I still haven't maintained a +500 exp candy per each size exp candy but I was already at 800 Gmax candies as it is. I'm now 60 dynamic level candies away from 999 and I don't use them that often...
When I transferred competitive Pokémon up from Ultra Sun I used a bunch of the dynamax candies and got myself under 10 once I was done using them. But now I am in the same boat as you. Have 800+ but gain more than I use at this point.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Managed to get a Modest 5IV HA Eevee in a Love Ball. The thing that really makes this special is that its foreign. So I can breed it with my Ditto for easier Shinies. It's even got 4 egg moves. It's pretty exciting! Hopefully I can get a Shiny Eevee so I can put my Event Shiny Sylveon in my shop.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
When I transferred competitive Pokémon up from Ultra Sun I used a bunch of the dynamax candies and got myself under 10 once I was done using them. But now I am in the same boat as you. Have 800+ but gain more than I use at this point.

I did use the candies on a few gen transfer competitive mons and have used them on several gen8 mons that I use often. I hit 999x 2 days ago... if I don't plan on using a mon for a raid then I just don't use them. lightning rod vs electric raid mons will get max 10 but otherwise it's natural levels you can find.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dynamax Candy is useful when you're breeding Pokemon. Babies never have any Dynamax levels. That being said, it still piles up. Wish you could sell them for a quick buck. Or mayhaps grind them into a Wishing Piece in the upcoming cram-o-matic thing.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Caught all the G-Max Pokemon from the event I am missing, Hatterne is the only G-Max I am missing before Isle of Armour goes live. Now need to await a den to spawn a Lapras with one of its regular abilities (my first one had its HA). Sadly there is not much motivation to grind off the event Dens, already swimming in Dynamax Candies from doing other Max Raids for TRs or other useful items (for some previous Event dens).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I only have one Gigantamax pokemon left to obtain, Sandaconda, and I cannot for the life of me get a max raid for it. Not even in the Y-comm.

This is 50 shades of bogus!

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Today was a good day in Pokemon Sword. Got a couple Cosmogs and four very neat Pokemon from trading today. But now, my shop, A Lovely Place, is going to be closed until the DLC drops. So, I guess I won't have much to talk about regarding Pokemon for a little while.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
I got five new Pokemon today on Sw! (I am trying to complete my Pokedex.) I got Eldegoss, Swirlix, Farfetch'd, Mincinno, Sandaconda.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Feel like I should post this since I’m ecstatic that this happened.

Today I tried getting Zamazenta in a Beast Ball in my 2nd save file. At first I wanted to replay my save to get a Zamazenta with an Adamant or Impish nature since I’d generally prefer not to use mints if I can help it. At the same time, I also thought it would be pretty special to have it in something like an Apricorn Ball, or even better, a Beast Ball. I’ve heard about how hard it would be to catch non-UBs with it. But I decided to try my luck and see if I could get it in a Beast Ball while hopefully also having either of those natures. I had transferred multiple Beast Balls from my original save to my 2nd save (thanks again @Ashscot for helping out with this!) since I didn’t like the idea of restarting after just throwing the one Beast Ball (or two with Ball Fetch Yamper) you get in a save file.

In the middle of trying, I suddenly wondered if I should settle for Zamazenta having the preferred nature without being in Beast. On one attempt, I got an Impish natured one in a Heavy Ball after running out of Beast Balls and I wasn’t sure how long I’d be doing this since I wanted to do other things in the game. I decided to keep trying since I didn’t gather all those Beast balls just to give up so soon. Overall, it probably took around 15-20 tries until I successfully caught Zamazenta in a Beast Ball. I kept getting it asleep at 1 HP by having a Gallade with False Swipe and having a Shiinotic using Spore. Every time I had to make sure Behemoth Bash wouldn’t faint Gallade or Shiinotic, so I had Bisharp to take the hits until the PP ran out.

Once I got Zamazenta with Beast Ball, I was prepared to look at its summary and see that it wasn’t a nature I wanted. When I saw the screen with its stats, I saw the highlights and jumped. Red on attack and blue in Sp. Atk?! It has Adamant nature!!! I didn’t expect to get that on my first Beast Ball catch and couldn’t believe it! The IVs look pretty good too, with “best” in HP, Attack, and Defense, “pretty good” in Sp. Defense and Speed, and “decent” in Sp. Attack. But I was planning on using Bottle Caps anyway.

So overall, I tried to get Zamazenta with a good nature and in a Beast Ball, and I got it within an afternoon. Was very lucky and I will cherish it forever :D

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
i'm trying to hatch a shiny HA Scorbunny, but got a shiny with the wrong ability instead. So I settled on bringing a 6-IV Breedject to the Isle of Armor lol

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got my Single Strike Urshifu to level 100. God, this Pokemon is so cool.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Well, I think I’m getting close to finishing the story. My team as of now is Melmetal, Urshifu (single strike), Corphish, Loudred, Blastoise, and Slowpoke