• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Currently breeding ha rockruffs and scythers for my tundra team. Sold all my big nuggets and bought a crap ton of clothes

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I decided to take a break from trying to breed a shiny Yamper at around 1000 eggs. Being unlucky with that... I started to try and breed a shiny Rockruff with Own Tempo instead (since I do not have the DLC, I got the Rockruffs from wonder box and trading on Pokemon Home). So far around 150 eggs hatched.
Caught a couple Gmax pokemon I didn't have.

And I pretty much just discovered you could challenge the Wyndon Stadium multiple times which I somehow didn't know about. So I tried that out. First time I went in mistakenly with only 3 pokemon... Coalossal, Silvally, and Rhyperior with them in lv60s. I managed to win with changing Silvally's typing between each fight. I challenged it 2 or 3 more times.
And I went ahead and evolved my shiny Dreepy so it's now a Dragapult. I didn't know Dragapult was more of a physical attacker until after I evolved it and gave it EV vitamins. Maybe one day I will change it, but for now it will be a special attacker (mine is Timid natured). It did well in the tournaments imo however. I love it either way!

And I had also tried out the battle tower with one of the rental teams which I will try using one of them to unlock the IV checker and other battle music soon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I decided to teach my Cinderace Scorching Sands partly for coverage against Electric types (more specifically Rotom or Toxtricity) and partly for a long range attack to protect it from contact effects. I tried it out against some Rock & Fire types in the Potbottom Desert and, despite being a Jolly nature with low Special Attack EVs, it did a pretty good job. It beat a Torkoal with two attacks & took a good chunk off of a Rhyperior (though it survived a Drill Run through affection & I had to take it down with a High Jump Kick).

I need to toy around with this move a little more to figure out how to fully utilize it, but it could come in handy.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been doing lots of raids and lots of Digging Pa runs, trying to finish up the Watt Donation business with Honey. Found myself with a bunch of goodies as a result of all the farming, like loads of XP candy and whatnot.

Once I'm done with Honey's sidequest, I think I'll start working on getting myself loading on money.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Well... I captured a Defiant Falinks. I was originally planning a Technician Grapploct but now I am tempted to put a Defiant Falinks as my final party member. I could save it later but with the current intimidate meta game, the fun I could have with Defiant Falinks.

EDIT: I made up my mind. I'm choosing Falinks over Grapploct. At least it leaves a extra moveslot for my Slowbro or Runerigus over Trickroom.

Last edited:
After finishing everything on the Isle of Armor, I shiny hunted Sandygast. It's now a level 100 Palossand, and I'm on to shiny hunting Wooloo on Route 1. Once I find it, I'll probably head to the Battle Tower to save up some BP for some nature mints.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
In the Isle of Armor you don’t Shiny Hunt Sharpedo, they shiny hunt you. lol:p

about that, i did a few tests regarding that "interesting"part of the game. treat the sharpedo like being chased by a crocodile, zigzag when you are biking on the water. i tested this a few times, zigzag vs direct lines. the sharpedo wasnt able to do the zigzags and didnt logically cut in a direct path to you. it works well to avoid the battle with 1 chasing you when you zagzag but if there are 2 or more sharpedo then pick one to fight...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been taking my time with the Isle of Armor's story so it lasts for most of the summer. After spending the last few weeks harvesting apricorns, armorite ore, berries, watts, & max mushrooms, I finally did the "Super Ultimate Third Final" trial and beat Klara last night. I held back a little bit since I didn't want to sweep her team, though it was still pretty easy to beat her. Even though I spoiled myself and saw how her character arc was going to go, I still really enjoyed and actually related to her in a few aspects. She's not my favorite character in Sword & Shield, but she's definitely in my top 10.

Once I get Kubfu my plan is to focus more on training my current team so that they're prepared for ranked battles & the final battle with Mustard. I've also been leveling up a few of my other pokemon on the side and gave Max Soup to my Cinderace, Corviknight, & Centiskorch.

Current Team:
  • Beckham (Cinderace)- Lv. 71
  • Dorothy & Mick (Slowbro)- Lv. 63
  • Peaty (Tentacool)- Lv. 64
  • Dina (Loudred)- Lv. 62
  • Freddie (Rockruff)- Lv. 7

I found shiny Wooloo a few days ago and moved back on to hunting Golurk in the Wild Area. I've been hunting Golurk off and on since beating the game in November and I finally found it today! After Sandygast, Wooloo, and now Golurk, I think I'm going to take a break from shiny hunting for a bit so that I can train these and get them better natures from mints in the Battle Tower.

When I do start hunting again, I think I might go for Galarian Zigzagoon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Battled Honey today, 2 million miles to go...

Also got lucky and successfully caught a shiny Seadra in a Raid! I thought it's shiny looked garbage and originally caught it to trade but after seeing Kingdra's shiny, I'm tempted to keep it

Ariki

So visited Digging Pa for the first time ever last night (I've been slowly going through IoA). Got 500k watts upon talking to him - don't know if that's normal or not, but it certainly has helped me get the all the vitamin vending machines in at the dojo!

EDIT: Rather than double posting I decided to edit this to add;

Used the winnings from the league championship to buy 25 calciums for one of my Charizard that I've fully ev trained that I transferred from Let's Go. I am quite happy with the results so far so I'm hoping to get a couple more viable competitive Pokemon done so I can start fielding a proper team.

I chose Charizard as my first project as it was a spare caught in Let's Go and I already have one in my ever growing living dex.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I had my first ranked battle for the season last night using some of the new pokémon I caught in the Isle of Armor & I won! My Cinderace ended up winning the match, but my Tentacruel & Slowbro really held their own during the battle and I honestly might not have been able to win without them.

Anyway, earlier today, I tried shoving apricorns in the Cram-O-Matic again. I got a Moon Ball on my third try with the Yellow Apricorns & a Level Ball on my first try with the Red Apricorns

Also. my Kubfu apparently has a high enough affection to challenge the Towers even though I only visited one spot, but I'm personally going to take my time and slowly visit the other locations since I want to try & train the rest of my team first.

Last edited:

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Did some in game trades with regina for darumaka and ponyta... Found by breeding with two everstones, I can get the desired nature and form pretty quickly... Also found that the weezing I tried the same thing with came back from daycare without its hidden ability. So now I'm constantly resetting regina to try getting another one but she keeps coming back with its standard abilities. Tried on alternate game to see if the first trade of a species is the only one that gives a hidden ability but that was also a standard one. Mildly frustrating.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I'm still working on breeding for a Shiny Scorbunny (HA with Egg Moves). I've been getting SO many breedjects, I've resorted to releasing all Blaze ability hatches. I'm using the Wonder Box in Home to trade any imperfect 5IV sets, while perfect 5IV I'm holding for Surprise Trades. But I still have over 10 6-IV Libero Bunnies I want to give away separately.