• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword & Shield - RECENT HAPPENINGS Thread

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Yesterday I completed the Isle Of Armor. The final Mustard battle was easy since all my Pokémon were at least Level 100 except for Urshifu (Water type form) which was Level 70.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Yesterday I completed the Isle Of Armor. The final Mustard battle was easy since all my Pokémon were at least Level 100 except for Urshifu (Water type form) which was Level 70.
I found it easy too, and all of my Pokemon were in the level 75 to 77 range. Only one of my Pokemon got knocked out; Mustard's Kommo-o used that stat boosting move it has while my Talonflame was up in the air about to use Fly, the Fly didn't manage to beat the Kommo-o and Talonflame went down to a boosted Clanging Scales. Also his Lycanroc almost very nearly knocked out my Urshifu, but it survived with one point left (thank God for the affection mechanic) and it managed to beat the Lycanroc in one hit with Brick Break. Other than that Mustard's team was very little issue for me.

Baggie_Saiyan

After completing the main DLC decided before I explore the Isle to hatch a Shiny Lapras in a Moon Ball! My favourite Mon in my favourite Ball. Got it in less than 100eggs! :D

Been trying to hatch a shiny Fomantis in a Friend Ball now, since I been busy this weekend and needed to do something that didn't require my full attention.

Next weekend hopefully can explore the IoA and complete the dex so can get to Apricon farming!

Oh and is it also me or our older gen Mon Shiny's much better in SwSh? Like Scizor Alakazam, Kingdra all look great despite imo looking meh previously in sprites.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So in reaching the Dynamax Vespiquen battle in the Hop mission, the dang thing wipes out my Urshifu.

I thought it was all over, but to my surprise, the game actually let me select another pokemon.

I had to let my Zamazenta take care of the rest.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So in reaching the Dynamax Vespiquen battle in the Hop mission, the dang thing wipes out my Urshifu.

I thought it was all over, but to my surprise, the game actually let me select another pokemon.

I had to let my Zamazenta take care of the rest.
My Zekrom KO it with Bolt Strike.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I played for about 90 minutes yesterday and made it quite worthwhile. I hosted a Sharpedo raid (5 IV, missing SpA) with the Speed Boost ability and was able to capture that. Then I joined a shiny 6 IV Sirfetch’d raid and luckily captured that. (Wish I would’ve found one sooner since I traded for a shiny one last week.) And finally ended the streak of good raids by joining a shiny Wailord raid. Was not able to capture it in my net ball so I will be looking for another one before the event ends. Other than that I joined a few Mantine raids and a few other random raids but did not try to capture them. Used the C-o-M but didn’t get any rare balls in the 15 tries today.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I got Isle of Armor for my birthday during the weekend and played through the story of it.
Got my Kubfu during which I was lucky to get a Jolly nature. Evolved him into the Rapid Strike form.
I will say Urshifu is probably quickly becoming my favorite fighting type pokemon.

Caught many pokemon for my pokedex and I am almost done with the IOA pokedex already. 8 left to go.
Got 2 shiny Wailord from the weekend water event. And ended up getting a random encounter shiny Sharpedo as well from those Sharpedo that chase you.

Then last night, I finally hatched my shiny Sobble after well over probably 1000 eggs. :D
MOt3sgQ.jpg
He is Modest nature and has Sniper!
Been having fun doing raid battles as well.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I FINALLY hatched Hidden Ability Scorbunny as a shiny with its egg moves. I feel like it took over 1k eggs, and after getting 3 Blaze Shinies I was really starting to go crazy!

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Going to do a Masuda Method egg hunt. I have a Japanese Ditto so it should be easy.
Using it for Pidove and Rookidee.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After pushing it back for so long, I finally took on the Tower of Waters & evolved my Kubfu into Rapid Strike Urshifu. It wasn’t that difficult even though my Kubfu was only at level 60, but it wasn’t a cakewalk either and a pretty decent challenge overall. Plus, I really got attached to my Kubfu & loved seeing his reactions after beating Mustard.

Now my plans are to harvest enough Watts for Honey’s challenge, & train my team for the final battle against Master Mustard. Once I get enough Watts, I’ll do the Gigantamax challenge with Hop

Main Team:
  • Urshifu (♂) @ lv.61
  • Cinderace (♂) @ lv.74
  • Galarian Slowbro (♀) @ lv.71
  • Exploud (♀) @ lv. 70
  • Dusk Form Lycanroc (♀) @ lv. 61
  • Emolga (♀) @ lv. 63
Reserves:
  • Tentacruel (♂) @ lv. 70

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Started a Matsuda method shiny egg hunt for Impidimp. No luck yet.
I actually just finished a 715 Egg MM for Shiny Impidimp so I hope you have better luck than me. Thankfully I got all good IVs except SpA (which isn’t a bad thing)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I made it to Standing Rank No. 798 in Ranked Battles with the most unexpected team before losing to a guy who had the "You can't fool me!" mentality with just 12 wins and 4 losses. Can you guess what team took on numbers of Pokemon in the 2000-500's area?

Flame Orb Heracross
Life Orb Starmie
Choice Scarf Manectric
Passho Berry Rapidash
Focus Sash Shiinotic
Assault Vest Golurk

I know right lol? You know what's the funniest part. So many of the opponents with these Smogon-recommended teams seem to have no idea what Shiinotic does or that OG Choice Scarf Manectric is incredibly dangerous but predictable, being one of the best counters to Galarian Darmanitan and I freaking beat all of them, it was consectuve wins until this one guy. I even made this one player rage quit by having my Shiinotic abuse Strength Sap/Spore on Cinderace to the point that his Pyro Ball was pretty much useless on Shiinotic. It was so much fun and then I ran into this one guy. Didn't seem much different from the rest, wasn't even in the 1000s if I remember but he knew exactly what Shiinotic did and pretty much annihilated my team when his Dragapult used Max Lightning right away, as soon as Shiinotic was sent out like it had to be gone immediately, to cancel out Spore and I'm just thinking to myself, who puts thunderbolt on Dragapult? I say this because this is the first time I've seen anyone put thunderbolt for Dragapult and the thing is, I'm not even mad. I was more like, "Oh. So you do know what Shiinotic does?" because he seemed like the only player who knew that Shiinotic was the OG Strength Sapper.